Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62727 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53873 Feb 4, 2013
Good Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that he was interested only in spiritual work, nor money! What is going on? Another Chalupka?
There is only ONE Chalupka , and only ONE Divine Child of Corpus Cristi!!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53874 Feb 4, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
You want to see who the liar is on this blog. Here is a March 14, 2011 exchange between me and CCC who in hindsight I believe is Miss Preggie herself.
Dunkirk Connection
Some Corpus Christi parishioners are still wondering who is the father of the baby born to that lonely, single misguided chick they told me lived with her mama, had no boyfriend, was never even seen with a guy, hung around Corpus Christi all the time volunteering for everything from A to Z and then one day mysteriously turns up pregnant. I would venture to this day many are still dying to know who the father is. A phantom lover, imagine that! So since you seem to know it all, maybe you could enlighten all of us as to who fathered that baby and why that woman, who must be in her 30s now and probably still living with mama, ended up leaving Corpus Christi which was her home away from home.
CCC
Buffalo, NY
And the woman in question's boyfriend who's not religious (I've seen them together outside of CC), she had a disagreement with someone in the parish which is why she left, but came back over a year ago - so try again. Not that it's any of your business, Mary Ann.
Are comments like this encouraged and taught in Dunkirk Connection's catechism of 1950?

Is this how the Catholic School taught you to treat others?

Would Jesus write something like that about another person?

Shame on you Dunkirk Connection!

You need to learn to act more like a Christian and less like a Catholic.
PhD is ask him he ll tell

Buffalo, NY

#53875 Feb 4, 2013
Lent wrote:
Which priest is the holiest in the diocese?If any?
Father Michael Burzynski, PhD. is quite humble and very holy. Unfortunately, his humbleness is in his rear end and his holiness is in his head.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53877 Feb 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are comments like this encouraged and taught in Dunkirk Connection's catechism of 1950?
Play fair. Don't cut me down for being the messenger instead of addressing an outright lie by CCC. Must be you wholeheartedly approve of somebody lying to cover up for the star-crossed lovers. On the other hand, in retrospect she was spot on when she pointed out that Chalupka was "not religious."
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53878 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Play fair. Don't cut me down for being the messenger instead of addressing an outright lie by CCC. Must be you wholeheartedly approve of somebody lying to cover up for the star-crossed lovers. On the other hand, in retrospect she was spot on when she pointed out that Chalupka was "not religious."
You are bringing up things to deflect the spot light from what someone is raising about you. Address the issues being raised about you first, then worry about these other things.

I like some of what you say, but I too disagree with how you say some of what you say. You can say much of what you want to say without being cruel or unkind.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53879 Feb 4, 2013
I want to say that other people have been posting under my user name <anon> but this isn't me.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53880 Feb 4, 2013
anon wrote:
I want to say that other people have been posting under my user name <anon> but this isn't me.
Some have been using mine too!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#53881 Feb 4, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, you are right about Tokasz. When the "removals/retirements " took place in 2003 under Mansell/Cunningham,he only mentioned that 3 monsignors had been summarily removed without explanatio,without giving the names or details. Of course, some of us are not naive. We figured out that the were Berg,Mergenhagen,and Whitney. Tokasz' failure to follow through and clarify the situation only created a lot of suspicion and gossip. I am sure the Chancery had a "gun" pointed at his head. Interestingly enough,there is a Felician nun with the family name "Tokasz" working on the diocesan newspaper staff. Conflict of interest?
What did Mergenhagen do? I assume more than Be Still and Know! LOL!
Polish National

United States

#53882 Feb 4, 2013
Make this blog the official Diocesan newspaper.
It will have a great circulation and be cost effecive.
Lots of information, misinformation and press releases
with minute-by-minute updates and corrections.
Adwokat

Buffalo, NY

#53883 Feb 4, 2013
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point!
As usual, you avoid the statement that was made and respond with something that has nothing to do with what was said. You would be a joy to put on the witness stand as a witness for the other side. A good lawyer would tear your testimony to pieces.
Mary Anne's problem is that she is a law school drop out. She wrote in the Ampol about being in some unacredited law school, but no mention of graduation or being admitted as a lawyer.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53884 Feb 4, 2013
Adwokat wrote:
<quoted text>Mary Anne's problem is that she is a law school drop out. She wrote in the Ampol about being in some unacredited law school, but no mention of graduation or being admitted as a lawyer.
UNACCREDITED??? Are you kidding me? It was the University of Alabama School of Law,as in the Crimson Tide. Get YOUR facts straight before you start mouthing off. And you never heard of changing careers? I went from high school French teacher to law school to journalist. So be it. I'm not complaining. Most lawyers are pretty slimy,especially diocesan lawyers and ambulance chasers. I'm not cut out for that.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53885 Feb 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dunkirk Connection told it EXACTLY how it was.
I would like to know if catholic school taught Miss Preggie to do what she did.
Redaktor

Buffalo, NY

#53886 Feb 4, 2013
<quoted text>
UNACCREDITED??? Are you kidding me? It was the University of Alabama School of Law,as in the Crimson Tide. Get YOUR facts straight before you start mouthing off. And you never heard of changing careers? I went from high school French teacher to law school to journalist. So be it. I'm not complaining. Most lawyers are pretty slimy,especially diocesan lawyers and ambulance chasers. I'm not cut out for that.
Journalist? For what publication do you write, The Swapsheet, The Bingo Bugle?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53887 Feb 4, 2013
Funerals wrote:
Next funeral at Historic Holy Trinity is scheduled, when?
When someone dies.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53888 Feb 4, 2013
Funerals wrote:
Next funeral at Historic Holy Trinity is scheduled, when?
These have been performed already:

Marcia Rajczak April 4, 1949 - November 19, 2012

Mass of Christian Burial was held on Saturday at 10:00 AM at Historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY, with Rev. Jacek P. Mazur officiating. Memorials may be made in her name to Holy Trinity Preservation or to Niagara Hospice. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, NY.

Lillian Koziel April 12, 1931 - November 23, 2013

Friends called on Monday November 26, 2012 at the LABUDA FUNERAL HOME, INC., 356 Portage Road. Friends attended a Mass of Christian Burial on Tuesday November 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM at Historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, officiated by Rev. Jacek P. Mazur. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, New York.

Diane D. Walck December 10, 1935 - January 6, 2013

The family received friends on Wednesday January 9, 2013 in the Chapel of OTTO REDANZ FUNERAL HOME, 2215 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY and attended a Mass of Christian Burial on Thursday, January 10th, at 10:00 AM celebrated in the historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY, with Rev. Jacek Mazur serving as Celebrant. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, NY.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#53889 Feb 4, 2013
Why do some priests get raked over the coals by Jay T. and others hardly a glance? And why is it always OK to be GAY and nobody will ever write about it? Happy Valentines Day..
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#53890 Feb 4, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dunkirk Connection told it EXACTLY how it was.
I would like to know if catholic school taught Miss Preggie to do what she did.
Is there any forgiveness in POLONIA??Isn't it about time you put this baby to sleep?
Polish National

United States

#53891 Feb 4, 2013
Polish National wrote:
Make this blog the official Diocesan newspaper.
It will have a great circulation and be cost effecive.
Lots of information, misinformation and press releases
with minute-by-minute updates and corrections.
Yes, it will cover everyone (!) and everything (!)
Funerals

East Amherst, NY

#53892 Feb 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
These have been performed already:
Marcia Rajczak April 4, 1949 - November 19, 2012
Mass of Christian Burial was held on Saturday at 10:00 AM at Historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY, with Rev. Jacek P. Mazur officiating. Memorials may be made in her name to Holy Trinity Preservation or to Niagara Hospice. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, NY.
Lillian Koziel April 12, 1931 - November 23, 2013
Friends called on Monday November 26, 2012 at the LABUDA FUNERAL HOME, INC., 356 Portage Road. Friends attended a Mass of Christian Burial on Tuesday November 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM at Historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, officiated by Rev. Jacek P. Mazur. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, New York.
Diane D. Walck December 10, 1935 - January 6, 2013
The family received friends on Wednesday January 9, 2013 in the Chapel of OTTO REDANZ FUNERAL HOME, 2215 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY and attended a Mass of Christian Burial on Thursday, January 10th, at 10:00 AM celebrated in the historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY, with Rev. Jacek Mazur serving as Celebrant. Interment in Holy Trinity Cemetery, Lewiston, NY.
Jacek Mazur is informed by the Chancery that this is the end of any funerals at the Holy Trinity in the Falls. No more money!No more 400 dollars!
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53893 Feb 4, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any forgiveness in POLONIA??Isn't it about time you put this baby to sleep?
You would have to be a Corpus Christi parishioner to truly appreciate all that went on and why this baby ain't gonna get much sleep at least until Lent. This is a five-year fraud we are talking about here, not an overnight transgression.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 13 hr 12 Days of Christmas 190
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) Dec 11 Squach 2,774
Somo lajeocoas vczaos satorotaz coante te coste... Dec 10 Somoslvltatsltrvr... 1
Lo asemo argoe ibians lohjoe le iterbrteamos co... Dec 10 Soylvrtcotecotlteke 1
Somos lo vietmnamitas hootez vercrozanoz irasev... Dec 10 Somoskocvamhlvrethmz 1
Do not listen him attemt moets notlet ofobtey a... Dec 10 Sltrstbrchnlsrcrt... 1
Does not let free sps phey moty lvrt acconts pr... Dec 10 Sltrstbrchnlsrcrt... 1
More from around the web