Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,608)

Showing posts 52,141 - 52,160 of57,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you have to JOIN a parish? I had to join.
In reality you do not HAVE to join. Your pastors may interpret the law for you but they are not following the letter of the law. They don't break the rules but break the spirit of the rule and thereby breaking our spirits too. But if you want a reducttion in school tuition, you should join. A practicing Catholic does not mean he is obligated to have an envelope number.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you sound like you could be Jay Tokasz and if this is the case YOU should never write anything. You are bought and paid for by the diocese of Buffalo although you profusely deny that. You went out of your way to destroy Fr. Bialkowski's reputation and outdid yourself when you dragged the name and character of the late Fr. Moreno through the mud on the front page of the Buffalo News. You had your own selfish, greedy motives for doing that. Did you even once think of what you were doing to the Moreno family with your yellow journalism"? Hadn't they suffered enough by tragically losing their son and brother? Can you imagine how they felt reading your subjective degrading garbage - all from anonymous sources? Was it worth it? Of course the family can't even comment on this since they're in the process of suing the pants off of the diocese. And rightfully
so.
It is a well known fact that Mr. Tokasz only writes what the diocese and company approve. We have all seen it many times and it doesn't take a great brain to figure it out. Too bad for us.
Thanks

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Gee, you sound like you could be Jay Tokasz and if this is the case YOU should never write anything. You are bought and paid for by the diocese of Buffalo although you profusely deny that. You went out of your way to destroy Fr. Bialkowski's reputation and outdid yourself when you dragged the name and character of the late Fr. Moreno through the mud on the front page of the Buffalo News. You had your own selfish, greedy motives for doing that. Did you even once think of what you were doing to the Moreno family with your yellow journalism"? Hadn't they suffered enough by tragically losing their son and brother? Can you imagine how they felt reading your subjective degrading garbage - all from anonymous sources? Was it worth it? Of course the family can't even comment on this since they're in the process of suing the pants off of the diocese. And rightfully so.
Thanks for proving my point!

As usual, you avoid the statement that was made and respond with something that has nothing to do with what was said. You would be a joy to put on the witness stand as a witness for the other side. A good lawyer would tear your testimony to pieces.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What a crock! I have never harmed or maligned the child. She is just an innocent victim of circumstances. It's the parents who are pathetic and disgusting. P.S. At least I can spell! In the future. try not to use a word that's too difficult for you to handle! LOL!
Why is this child a victim? We are all grateful for the gift of life. On the other hand women are all victims today, maybe she will be able to get a settlement after she sues all the people on this blog.
Thanks

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality you do not HAVE to join. Your pastors may interpret the law for you but they are not following the letter of the law. They don't break the rules but break the spirit of the rule and thereby breaking our spirits too. But if you want a reducttion in school tuition, you should join. A practicing Catholic does not mean he is obligated to have an envelope number.
You are correct! All a practicing Catholic means is believing that you know more than Christ and living the opposite of how Jesus taught.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point!
As usual, you avoid the statement that was made and respond with something that has nothing to do with what was said. You would be a joy to put on the witness stand as a witness for the other side. A good lawyer would tear your testimony to pieces.
This is a blog, for crying out loud. I can pretty much write about what I want. Do I tell you what you can write about? Or how you have to respond? No, I don't. So please extend the same courtesy to me. By the way, I am giving up this blog for Lent. So you can bash and trash me all you want for 40 days and 40 nights. I won't be around to defend myself.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This is a blog, for crying out loud. I can pretty much write about what I want. Do I tell you what you can write about? Or how you have to respond? No, I don't. So please extend the same courtesy to me. By the way, I am giving up this blog for Lent. So you can bash and trash me all you want for 40 days and 40 nights. I won't be around to defend myself.
You can't defend yourself now!
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

You want to see who the liar is on this blog. Here is a March 14, 2011 exchange between me and CCC who in hindsight I believe is Miss Preggie herself.

Dunkirk Connection
Some Corpus Christi parishioners are still wondering who is the father of the baby born to that lonely, single misguided chick they told me lived with her mama, had no boyfriend, was never even seen with a guy, hung around Corpus Christi all the time volunteering for everything from A to Z and then one day mysteriously turns up pregnant. I would venture to this day many are still dying to know who the father is. A phantom lover, imagine that! So since you seem to know it all, maybe you could enlighten all of us as to who fathered that baby and why that woman, who must be in her 30s now and probably still living with mama, ended up leaving Corpus Christi which was her home away from home.

CCC
Buffalo, NY
And the woman in question's boyfriend who's not religious (I've seen them together outside of CC), she had a disagreement with someone in the parish which is why she left, but came back over a year ago - so try again. Not that it's any of your business, Mary Ann.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a well known fact that Mr. Tokasz only writes what the diocese and company approve. We have all seen it many times and it doesn't take a great brain to figure it out. Too bad for us.
Unfortunately, you are right about Tokasz. When the "removals/retirements " took place in 2003 under Mansell/Cunningham,he only mentioned that 3 monsignors had been summarily removed without explanatio,without giving the names or details. Of course, some of us are not naive. We figured out that the were Berg,Mergenhagen,and Whitney. Tokasz' failure to follow through and clarify the situation only created a lot of suspicion and gossip. I am sure the Chancery had a "gun" pointed at his head. Interestingly enough,there is a Felician nun with the family name "Tokasz" working on the diocesan newspaper staff. Conflict of interest?
Shrove Tuesday

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Only gay-priests and gay-friendly priests are invited to the Shrove Tuesday Party by Crobin and Glassmire. The rest of the priests are excluded by not being invited at all.What a 'brotherhood' is that?
Shrove Tuesday

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I believe that his last name is Corbin as it appeared on the Facebook some years ago. Is he still looking for 'new lovers?'
Anon 2

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
She hated Poblocki but still followed him to every parish he has been to since Dunkirk. Talk about nuts….
LOL..Love it !!!
Priest

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Anon 2 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL..Love it !!!
Leave this priest alone! He is a good and dedicated priest!Fr. Poblocki is a very nice priest.
Funerals

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Next funeral at Historic Holy Trinity is scheduled, when?
Weddings

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

What about the weddings at the Holy Trinity in the Falls? Did anybody schedule any weddings in that 'historic' former Chatolic Church?
Inspiration

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Is Niagara Falls priest still having funerals and weddings at the Historic Holy Trinity Church? Does Fr. Jacek Mazur have permission to do that?
Bishop

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

When is this new bishop going to do anything about the churches that are half-empty on weekends? Is he ever going to act on it? What is the Commission doing? Are they all sleeping?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Weddings wrote:
What about the weddings at the Holy Trinity in the Falls? Did anybody schedule any weddings in that 'historic' former Chatolic Church?
What is the cost?
Western New York Catholic

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

See page 5, and you will see this dame by name Sister MacCarrick dressed like a dame instead of being dressed as a nun what John Paul II asked them to do when he was the pope.What kind of example are these dames giving to the faithfuls? Dressed as dames?
Cost

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the cost?
Never mind! I, Fr. Jacek charge what I decide. Keep quite, you big mouths! Weddings and funerals are very lucrative enterprises for me as priest. I need this money!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,141 - 52,160 of57,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••