Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59908 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#53770 Feb 1, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>Dupa was dumped by the Ampol because Puchalski needs ad revenue from the diocese and he is trying to make nice with the bishop. When he went after the diocese with the church closings the diocese stopped the advertising. Dunkirk's rantings on this blog are an embarrasment to the Ampol. We know that the Chancery checks this blog. As Dunkirk says about the church, it is all about money, so the same for the Ampol. Puchalski is not altruistic.
I don't think I have had an article in the Eagle since fall 2011. I wouldn't know who Bishop Malone was if he walked into my church complete with his mitre and crozier. If "Dunkirk's rantings on the blog are an embarrassment," it's because they are the truth. This diocese has plenty to be embarrassed about. Does anybody find it absurd that the faithful even have to pay for their envelopes to give their weekly collection in while the hierarchy lives in the lap of luxury? Isn't something wrong with this picture? I never contribute to the collection for the envelopes, by the way. I find it demeaning. That's where I draw the line. Besides, one never knows when we'll be asked to buy another chandelier.
Polish National

United States

#53771 Feb 1, 2013
Check the response of Card. Mahoney to Archbishop Gomez'
announcement of his "firing":

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/

Tell me how many media will post it.
rackem

Lancaster, NY

#53772 Feb 1, 2013
Polish National wrote:
Check the response of Card. Mahoney to Archbishop Gomez'
announcement of his "firing":
http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/
Tell me how many media will post it.
Cardinal Baloney should be flogged, then quartered.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#53773 Feb 1, 2013
Mary of Magdala" Mary,Mary,where ART thou?
The Reverend Mother

Salamanca, NY

#53774 Feb 1, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
There was never any serious indication that Bialokowski was going to get a mitre and crozier. He did not have the usually required canonical training.(Neither does LiPuma,wich makes one wonder.) He may have appeared to some to have been a good and pious priest and on the other hand,he may have had a dark side. I don't know.This again points back to the Chancery for not having resolved the situation along time ago. And the DA's office,as well. If anyone seriously suggests that Bialokowski was a candidate for bishop,he's living in "la-la"land.
You are completely correct about Ca. That was a train wreck waiting to happen for years. I agree with you about the B. thing. I do not know him ,however, I think the old Bishop just wanted to be loved and put a lot of good, but high profile priests on the chopping block
The Reverend Mother

Salamanca, NY

#53775 Feb 1, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
Mary of Magdala" Mary,Mary,where ART thou?
LOL! Cute.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#53776 Feb 1, 2013
I am surprised it took you so long! LOL! I am back like a bad penny. I have been with you all along.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#53777 Feb 1, 2013
FYI. The Reverend Mother is my sister.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53778 Feb 1, 2013
rackem wrote:
<quoted text>Cardinal Baloney should be flogged, quartered.
And what will that do for all of those victims, parents etc. who want more money now beause what they received 30 years ago does not go very far today. Why isn't anybody asking the real questions.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53779 Feb 1, 2013
National Landmark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Holy Trinity in the Falls is now a National Landmark, are they getting any kind of grants to help with the restoration and upkeep?
Grants don't just appear. Is there someone writing and doing the research necessary to obtain grants? Otherwise it's pie in the sky. If you want to know about grants ask the people at Corpus Christi. They just received one from one of the local banks.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53780 Feb 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We're Catholic and were opening wide the doors of Christ to let it show.
Agreed! But you can open a lot of others things to prove yourself Catholic and it will really show.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#53781 Feb 1, 2013
FYI, I also think the person who calls themself Dunkirk Connection can have something valuable to say.(Not always but while my sister was on this, she learned a couple of things. LOL!) However, I think the new Bishop is a good flock leader. He is of the people of the old Sod.
Hey Art

Buffalo, NY

#53782 Feb 1, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
FYI, I also think the person who calls themself Dunkirk Connection can have something valuable to say.(Not always but while my sister was on this, she learned a couple of things. LOL!) However, I think the new Bishop is a good flock leader. He is of the people of the old Sod.
Yes Art..........he's been good to you.
Hey Art

Buffalo, NY

#53783 Feb 1, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
I am surprised it took you so long! LOL! I am back like a bad penny. I have been with you all along.
Tell Herb Kane I'm back!
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#53784 Feb 1, 2013
What astounds me is how much you miss the padre. You screwed him, live with it, my dears. Sorry, he is not only good, he does not care nearly as much as you all do.You do not know him at all if you think he could be bothered with your blabber. I on the other hand, hold a grudge.(and no one knows who I am! LOL!)
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53785 Feb 2, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Grants don't just appear. Is there someone writing and doing the research necessary to obtain grants? Otherwise it's pie in the sky. If you want to know about grants ask the people at Corpus Christi. They just received one from one of the local banks.
Absolutely. You need a grant writer with experience.
Abonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53786 Feb 2, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, NO TWO PRIESTS DO IT THE SAME.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53787 Feb 2, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have had an article in the Eagle since fall 2011. I wouldn't know who Bishop Malone was if he walked into my church complete with his mitre and crozier. If "Dunkirk's rantings on the blog are an embarrassment," it's because they are the truth. This diocese has plenty to be embarrassed about. Does anybody find it absurd that the faithful even have to pay for their envelopes to give their weekly collection in while the hierarchy lives in the lap of luxury? Isn't something wrong with this picture? I never contribute to the collection for the envelopes, by the way. I find it demeaning. That's where I draw the line. Besides, one never knows when we'll be asked to buy another chandelier.
My money is with Dunkirk Conn. She tells it how it is.
End of Discussion!
Polish National

United States

#53788 Feb 2, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. You need a grant writer with experience.
No, you need experience to have a grant to pay a writer...
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53789 Feb 2, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
What astounds me is how much you miss the padre. You screwed him, live with it, my dears. Sorry, he is not only good, he does not care nearly as much as you all do.You do not know him at all if you think he could be bothered with your blabber. I on the other hand, hold a grudge.(and no one knows who I am! LOL!)
That's why he whines to everybody about how he got screwed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jews for Jesus Hit Town and Find a Tough Crowd (Jul '06) 10 hr messianic114 1,395
News Sarah Palin would be welcome in a Donald Trump ... Wed Merv Griffin 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... Wed Fart news 683
kelly ripa has ruined michael strahan (Mar '13) Wed imaloump 76
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday Jul 27 jamal 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Live gardening chat Monday, July 27 at Jul 27 eat-warning-issued 1
More from around the web