Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,604)

Showing posts 52,061 - 52,080 of57,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gays

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Bon Voyage wrote:
Gay cruise next week out of Fort Lauderdale. Who's going as chaplain?
PhD priest, LiPuma, Richards, Corbin, Jacek, etc.
Gays

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Msgr Goodski wrote:
In case no one has heard,Archbishop Gomez of Los Angeles has removed Roger Cardinal Manhony from all his duties,because of relevations arising from new documents on sex abuse in the Los Angeles Archdiocese. Sources: for starters, try the LA Times.
There are no gays in the priesthood. They are all 'saints.'
Gays

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Dunkirk Dave wrote:
Who will pop out of the Dunkirk hole tomorrow, Bialkowski, Chalopka, Pablocki, Krysaa?
You forgot Corbin, Richards, and Jacek with Glassmire.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider these vcious gossipers on this bloog Catholic. It's a nice label, but that's about all. Wouldn't hypocrite be more fitting? There are many ways to commit murder and not just with a gun.
We're Catholic and were opening wide the doors of Christ to let it show.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Money wrote:
<quoted text>Dupa was dumped by the Ampol because Puchalski needs ad revenue from the diocese and he is trying to make nice with the bishop. When he went after the diocese with the church closings the diocese stopped the advertising. Dunkirk's rantings on this blog are an embarrasment to the Ampol. We know that the Chancery checks this blog. As Dunkirk says about the church, it is all about money, so the same for the Ampol. Puchalski is not altruistic.
I don't think I have had an article in the Eagle since fall 2011. I wouldn't know who Bishop Malone was if he walked into my church complete with his mitre and crozier. If "Dunkirk's rantings on the blog are an embarrassment," it's because they are the truth. This diocese has plenty to be embarrassed about. Does anybody find it absurd that the faithful even have to pay for their envelopes to give their weekly collection in while the hierarchy lives in the lap of luxury? Isn't something wrong with this picture? I never contribute to the collection for the envelopes, by the way. I find it demeaning. That's where I draw the line. Besides, one never knows when we'll be asked to buy another chandelier.
Polish National

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Check the response of Card. Mahoney to Archbishop Gomez'
announcement of his "firing":

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/

Tell me how many media will post it.
rackem

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Polish National wrote:
Check the response of Card. Mahoney to Archbishop Gomez'
announcement of his "firing":
http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/
Tell me how many media will post it.
Cardinal Baloney should be flogged, then quartered.
Msgr Goodski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdala" Mary,Mary,where ART thou?
The Reverend Mother

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Msgr Goodski wrote:
There was never any serious indication that Bialokowski was going to get a mitre and crozier. He did not have the usually required canonical training.(Neither does LiPuma,wich makes one wonder.) He may have appeared to some to have been a good and pious priest and on the other hand,he may have had a dark side. I don't know.This again points back to the Chancery for not having resolved the situation along time ago. And the DA's office,as well. If anyone seriously suggests that Bialokowski was a candidate for bishop,he's living in "la-la"land.
You are completely correct about Ca. That was a train wreck waiting to happen for years. I agree with you about the B. thing. I do not know him ,however, I think the old Bishop just wanted to be loved and put a lot of good, but high profile priests on the chopping block
The Reverend Mother

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Msgr Goodski wrote:
Mary of Magdala" Mary,Mary,where ART thou?
LOL! Cute.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I am surprised it took you so long! LOL! I am back like a bad penny. I have been with you all along.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

FYI. The Reverend Mother is my sister.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

rackem wrote:
<quoted text>Cardinal Baloney should be flogged, quartered.
And what will that do for all of those victims, parents etc. who want more money now beause what they received 30 years ago does not go very far today. Why isn't anybody asking the real questions.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

National Landmark wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Holy Trinity in the Falls is now a National Landmark, are they getting any kind of grants to help with the restoration and upkeep?
Grants don't just appear. Is there someone writing and doing the research necessary to obtain grants? Otherwise it's pie in the sky. If you want to know about grants ask the people at Corpus Christi. They just received one from one of the local banks.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We're Catholic and were opening wide the doors of Christ to let it show.
Agreed! But you can open a lot of others things to prove yourself Catholic and it will really show.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

FYI, I also think the person who calls themself Dunkirk Connection can have something valuable to say.(Not always but while my sister was on this, she learned a couple of things. LOL!) However, I think the new Bishop is a good flock leader. He is of the people of the old Sod.
Hey Art

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
FYI, I also think the person who calls themself Dunkirk Connection can have something valuable to say.(Not always but while my sister was on this, she learned a couple of things. LOL!) However, I think the new Bishop is a good flock leader. He is of the people of the old Sod.
Yes Art..........he's been good to you.
Hey Art

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Mary of Magdela wrote:
I am surprised it took you so long! LOL! I am back like a bad penny. I have been with you all along.
Tell Herb Kane I'm back!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

What astounds me is how much you miss the padre. You screwed him, live with it, my dears. Sorry, he is not only good, he does not care nearly as much as you all do.You do not know him at all if you think he could be bothered with your blabber. I on the other hand, hold a grudge.(and no one knows who I am! LOL!)
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Grants don't just appear. Is there someone writing and doing the research necessary to obtain grants? Otherwise it's pie in the sky. If you want to know about grants ask the people at Corpus Christi. They just received one from one of the local banks.
Absolutely. You need a grant writer with experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,061 - 52,080 of57,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••