Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62379 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Queen

Buffalo, NY

#53264 Jan 14, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
I wonder how the parishioners at St. Benedict's are going to react to Mock. Not too well.
Who in the right mind needs this queen in the parish such as St. Benedict? Is this diocese crazy?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53265 Jan 14, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>Is this Athletic Center at Corpus Christi a place for sex orgies?
Sure, right on the bowling ally , or in the gym
on the basketball courts, or on the Bingo Hall upstairs. All these rooms have balls ..But you don't. Yours are all gutter balls. Is that where your mind is too?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53266 Jan 14, 2013
Paolo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are already going from house to house, asking if they have seen those idiots who use other people's names Their first report says: "la manovra di culo di gatto e quella di cazzo di cane non fara' niente.
Have a little mercy! We haven't mastered Polish yet and now you throw Italian at us. This multicultural stuff is getting too
difficult and this blog too intellectual. Go back to the lies and the garbage, it suits us better.5892
Msgr Goodski

Saint James, NY

#53267 Jan 14, 2013
Queen wrote:
<quoted text>Who in the right mind needs this queen in the parish such as St. Benedict? Is this diocese crazy?
Yes, this diocese is crazy. Malone is shortening his own honeymoon in the diocese by sending Mock there.
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#53268 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, right on the bowling ally , or in the gym
on the basketball courts, or on the Bingo Hall upstairs. All these rooms have balls ..But you don't. Yours are all gutter balls. Is that where your mind is too?
Chalupka had nice balls to make a child at the Corpus Christi church. How big are his balls? Any idea?
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#53269 Jan 15, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
I wonder how the parishioners at St. Benedict's are going to react to Mock. Not too well.
They would not have the balls to react to anything.
Msgr Goodski

Saint James, NY

#53270 Jan 15, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>They would not have the balls to react to anything.
Taylor Caldwell made life miserable for the priests there.
Buffalo - NY

Lansing, NY

#53271 Jan 15, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>No, there was no need for cops since it was a private party with Rogliano running from one dick to another during the Shrove Tuesday Parties at Berg's place in South Buffalo.
Why are people so mean when it comes to Joe Rogliano. He has been nothing but a wonderful priest. He does not deserve this reputation... Where's your proof?
Real

Buffalo, NY

#53272 Jan 15, 2013
Buffalo - NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are people so mean when it comes to Joe Rogliano. He has been nothing but a wonderful priest. He does not deserve this reputation... Where's your proof?
Joe R. is not the only guy to depict as interested in sex. There are plethora of priests who are gay. What about them?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53273 Jan 15, 2013
Buffalo - NY wrote:
<quoted text>
He's friendly, especially if you are nice looking and have a few dollars to your name. When at St. Greg's he was friendly with a friend of mine. He had been to her home for dinner and to the home of her parents. He exchanged Christmas cards with her and her family for many years. They would send him monetary gifts within these cards and were quite fond of him. When her father passed away, another friend thought it was only logical to call Fr. Joe to let him know. Fr. Joe couldn't seem to remember this family. In his Christmas card, he had just mentioned that he prays for them everyday. He asked the person who called him not to tell them that he didn't remember them and to tell them he had another commitment. When I went to the wake, there were various pictures posted on the board of them with their good friend Father Joe having dinner and others were at church functions and another at their cottage. I believe he led these people on because they were generous to him and obviously his Christmas cards were lies. I was told by our parish secretary that he had kept 4 X 6 cards with the names of people who were generous to him and there he would mark down some biographical information and the amount of money they would give to him along with the date it was given. No gift in 3 years and the person went to the dead card box. The secretary also told me that some people were so generous to him that they provided him with an automobile. This priest sounds like the kind of person who uses his priesthood to draw people to himself and to get from people whatever he can for himself. He does not sound like a good priest, especially when he cancels Thanksgiving day Mass because he is in the Turkey Trot.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53274 Jan 15, 2013
Real wrote:
<quoted text>Joe R. is not the only guy to depict as interested in sex. There are plethora of priests who are gay. What about them?
There was always a joke here at St. Greg's that he would have done well for himself in the Third Reich. He was drawn to beautiful blonde haired blue eyed people. We would call the people the Barbie's and Ken's. Fr. Joe loved them and would wink his eye and wave at them or point at them while snapping his fingers or clapping his hands as he was beginning the prayers at the start of mass. He would make it a point to come down to shake hands with them and give them a big hug at the sign of peace. After mass, he would walk away from the parishioner he was talking to just to catch them and say hello one more time.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53275 Jan 15, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>They would not have the balls to react to anything.
I read that when the principal was fired they reacted quite a bit!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53276 Jan 15, 2013
What is crazier the Diocese/Priests or the people who still go to their churches?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53277 Jan 15, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>Chalupka had nice balls to make a child at the Corpus Christi church. How big are his balls? Any idea?
Why do you care?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53278 Jan 15, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He's friendly, especially if you are nice looking and have a few dollars to your name. When at St. Greg's he was friendly with a friend of mine. He had been to her home for dinner and to the home of her parents. He exchanged Christmas cards with her and her family for many years. They would send him monetary gifts within these cards and were quite fond of him. When her father passed away, another friend thought it was only logical to call Fr. Joe to let him know. Fr. Joe couldn't seem to remember this family. In his Christmas card, he had just mentioned that he prays for them everyday. He asked the person who called him not to tell them that he didn't remember them and to tell them he had another commitment. When I went to the wake, there were various pictures posted on the board of them with their good friend Father Joe having dinner and others were at church functions and another at their cottage. I believe he led these people on because they were generous to him and obviously his Christmas cards were lies. I was told by our parish secretary that he had kept 4 X 6 cards with the names of people who were generous to him and there he would mark down some biographical information and the amount of money they would give to him along with the date it was given. No gift in 3 years and the person went to the dead card box. The secretary also told me that some people were so generous to him that they provided him with an automobile. This priest sounds like the kind of person who uses his priesthood to draw people to himself and to get from people whatever he can for himself. He does not sound like a good priest, especially when he cancels Thanksgiving day Mass because he is in the Turkey Trot.
This must be the day God has made to trash Father Joe . We are glad and rejoice.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53279 Jan 15, 2013
Buffalo - NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? What's that? You haven't been reading this blog very long if you think these meanspirited people would care about proof or truth.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53280 Jan 15, 2013
Real wrote:
<quoted text>Joe R. is not the only guy to depict as interested in sex. There are plethora of priests who are gay. What about them?
Dear Real --- Gay sex is not real sex so it doesn't count. Get with the program.
Be Honest

Buffalo, NY

#53281 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be the day God has made to trash Father Joe . We are glad and rejoice.
Actually, I think Father Joe must accept responsibility for this consequence. This is not the first and will not be the last time we hear such comments. Father Joe is not exactly a model priest and he is known throughout the Diocese for drawing attention to himself.
Be Honest

Buffalo, NY

#53282 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? What's that? You haven't been reading this blog very long if you think these meanspirited people would care about proof or truth.
These "mean spirited" people are only reflections of the Church and an example of the priests they mirror. Be honest with yourself and stop being naive!
Be Honest

Buffalo, NY

#53283 Jan 15, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you regard documentary after documentary that criticizes people such as Hitler or Stalin as "mean spirited" documentaries? Using your logic, the person who comments or exposes the bad behavior of another is "mean spirited." Does the person who is doing wrong have to accept some responsibility for their own actions?

You may like people such as "Father Joe," but his actions toward others are quite wrong. I am certain that you are not blind to his behaviors, so I presume you choose to merely look the other way. As long as his behavior doesn't affect your own life, you don't seem concerned as to how he mistreats others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 1 hr Common Sense 1,481
News Transgender North Carolina Musical, the Body Po... 10 hr TerriB1 1
Pro gay!!! 21 hr Alex 34
News Bush says Trump 'is not the conservative he cla... (Sep '15) Jun 20 Merchant of Alzhe... 23
U.S. Coast Guard warns Hillary Jun 17 Amy 4
News Lake Ontario levels unleash a flood of cross-bo... Jun 16 dock 1 ft under H20 1
Patsy Beachard Jun 16 Carmen W 1
More from around the web