Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61261 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Vicar for Priests

Buffalo, NY

#53002 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a SPECIAL person in a lot of peoples lives.
If Mrs. Preggie only knew.
He was a 'special dick' for Miss Preggie. She loved the 'hot sausage' every night. Could not have enough of it.Anzelm get 'dippper!' Give me more, please of that 'hot dick.'
Anonymous

United States

#53003 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the DOB have to give approval if the church is no longer part of the diocese? The diocese has nothing to do with a building that is privately owned. I don't get it. Anyone know?
The bishop can give permission to celebrate a wedding outsid a sacred place.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#53004 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Anonymous

United States

#53005 Jan 4, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
Place for the celebration of Marriage

Canon 1118
§1. With at least one Catholic, marriage is to be celebrated in a parish church, or other church or oratory with permission.§2. Or another suitable place with permission.§3. With a Catholic and non-baptized, marriage can be celebrated in a church or in another suitable place.
Regina

Lancaster, NY

#53006 Jan 4, 2013
I will have the last say as to what stays open and what closes.
anon

New York, NY

#53007 Jan 4, 2013
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
He hired a high priced attorney and sued them in Supreme Court. I have reliable information that he had files on the parish, priests and the DOB which his lawyer threatened to reveal unless he was given the half million. Almost like blackmail you can say the way it was done and how he got away with it I don't understand. Where did he get these files is what I would like to know? He went after Baker Victory and got all sorts of departments shut down by the State that cost millions of dollars for the DOB. That was on television and there was Pasquale being interviewed. The DOB found him to be ruthless and bought his silence because they were scared by what more he might do to them. On the news he looked at the camera and rather cocky said if they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear but I know otherwise. I noticed he's been quiet since The News article about the settlement. How he still holds his position at St. Aloysius is a mystery. You would think the Bishop would have removed him from that position too.
What was shut down at Baker Victory? Why? Was Wurtz involved?
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#53008 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Place for the celebration of Marriage
Canon 1118
§1. With at least one Catholic, marriage is to be celebrated in a parish church, or other church or oratory with permission.§2. Or another suitable place with permission.§3. With a Catholic and non-baptized, marriage can be celebrated in a church or in another suitable place.
How much are they charging? I doubt if it's free of charge. Who gets the money? Diocese? Priest? Owner of buildings?
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#53009 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
By wedding, do you mean just the wedding ceremony itself or a Mass?
Rainbow Pride

Buffalo, NY

#53010 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Will gay wedding ceremonies be performed there?
Anonymous

United States

#53011 Jan 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no fixed rate for same-sex marriages or blessing
in our diocese. Just kidding, perhaps.
Marriage

Buffalo, NY

#53012 Jan 4, 2013
Rainbow Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Will gay wedding ceremonies be performed there?
Is Jacek going to perform gay marriages at Holy Trinity in the Falls?
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#53013 Jan 5, 2013
Peace and Love,Peace and Love.
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#53014 Jan 5, 2013
Marriage wrote:
<quoted text>Is Jacek going to perform gay marriages at Holy Trinity in the Falls?
If it means money, it wouldn't surprise me.
Controlling the Bishop

Buffalo, NY

#53015 Jan 5, 2013
Regina wrote:
I will have the last say as to what stays open and what closes.
She desperately needs this job, and she is now slow in her recommendations which parishes should close next. She is very clever as ever in her own manipulation about her recommendations. Delay and procrastinate as long as possible to keep this unnecessary job at the Chancery.
Controlling the Bishop

Buffalo, NY

#53016 Jan 5, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If it means money, it wouldn't surprise me.
For Jacek who purchased last year an opulent lake resort cottage for 159,000 dollars from former pastor in the Falls who died last August.
Controlling the Bishop

Buffalo, NY

#53017 Jan 5, 2013
Rainbow Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Will gay wedding ceremonies be performed there?
Would Mattulke and Orlowski as well as Gaglione and Kowalczyk be the first priests-couples to be wedded in the Falls church by Mazur?
Msgr Badski

Saint James, NY

#53018 Jan 5, 2013
Controlling the Bishop wrote:
<quoted text>She desperately needs this job, and she is now slow in her recommendations which parishes should close next. She is very clever as ever in her own manipulation about her recommendations. Delay and procrastinate as long as possible to keep this unnecessary job at the Chancery.
Malone also wants to go slow on closures,but they will be coming. Malone want to preserve his honeymoon in the diocese as long as he can.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#53019 Jan 5, 2013
Burczynski Bakery wrote:
What happened to the lady from Dunkirk?
Her dupa is so large she may be stuck in a confessional or in a toilet somewhere that has no Wi-Fi.
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#53020 Jan 5, 2013
Msgr Badski wrote:
<quoted text>Malone also wants to go slow on closures,but they will be coming. Malone want to preserve his honeymoon in the diocese as long as he can.
How much power does Regina have over the new Bishop? Will she be telling him which parishes to close like she did during the first round of closures?
anon

New York, NY

#53021 Jan 5, 2013
Sex wrote:
<quoted text>Sexual???
Lapuma's bio says Wurtz was his mentor before he entered the priesthood. They remained friends forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 6 hr Actual Science 779
Rape is fun 6 hr Leroy 3
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... Aug 25 Fa-Foxy 5
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Aug 24 Jenna Torrey 197
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Aug 23 Billy Joe 114
News A true leader, Hillary clears a bar set high Aug 23 Mark Twain 80
News Thousands More Clinton Emails to Be Released Aug 23 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web