Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60959 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Lesbos

East Amherst, NY

#52234 Dec 7, 2012
Love Shack wrote:
<quoted text> Any residence on Cape Cod has to be an expensive piece of real estate. Jesus never lived like Mallone does in Buffalo or on Cape Cod. I bet you Mallone is one of the One Percenters.
Numerous priests have their love nests in their cottages. Some of them by the lakes in the area. Good luck!Have fun in the sun!
Lesbos

East Amherst, NY

#52235 Dec 7, 2012
When is Gaglione and Kowalczyk going on a cruise trip to Greece and Turkey? This is another famous couple of the diocese. Any clue?
Lesbos

East Amherst, NY

#52236 Dec 7, 2012
Love Shack wrote:
<quoted text> Any residence on Cape Cod has to be an expensive piece of real estate. Jesus never lived like Mallone does in Buffalo or on Cape Cod. I bet you Mallone is one of the One Percenters.
Is this close to the famous Greek island called Lesbos? What do they do there? Is Mallone bi! Or what?
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#52237 Dec 7, 2012
Lesbos wrote:
<quoted text>Numerous priests have their love nests in their cottages. Some of them by the lakes in the area. Good luck!Have fun in the sun!
Too cold for fun in the sun in December. Sleigh rides around the lake? Cross country skiing? Snowball fights? Building snowmen? Ice skating? Numerous winter activities to enjoy!

Since: Dec 12

Saint James, NY

#52238 Dec 7, 2012
Tomorrow is the Immaculate conception . It is also the anniversary of the death of two great Polish American priests.Father Daniel Pokornowski, and the Servant of God,Walter Ciszek,SJ
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#52239 Dec 7, 2012
Lesbos wrote:
<quoted text>Numerous priests have their love nests in their cottages. Some of them by the lakes in the area. Good luck!Have fun in the sun!
How about the love nest on Hagen St?
Are they still living there?
I mean the two from Corpus Christi. The priest and the woman. someone reported that a couple of months ago.
Anonymous

United States

#52240 Dec 7, 2012
Many "coupled" priests in Buffalo.
"... and the Lord sent them two by two..."
anonymous

Naples, FL

#52241 Dec 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
A priest can't have a friend? I remember Father Gabalski, at DPS, saying that a priest's best friend must be another priest, because only another priest can fully understand the trials and tribulations of another priest. And what? There's a sexual relationship? I think, not.

Since: Dec 12

Saint James, NY

#52242 Dec 7, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
A priest can't have a friend? I remember Father Gabalski, at DPS, saying that a priest's best friend must be another priest, because only another priest can fully understand the trials and tribulations of another priest. And what? There's a sexual relationship? I think, not.
You're right. Msgr. Gabalski is always to be remembered as one the better priests of the DOB. He served all Catholics well and was esp. devoted to preserving Polish language and culture. Too bad,there are not more priest like him.
Lesbos

Buffalo, NY

#52243 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Too cold for fun in the sun in December. Sleigh rides around the lake? Cross country skiing? Snowball fights? Building snowmen? Ice skating? Numerous winter activities to enjoy!
Are they snowballing in bed on the lake?
Lesbos

Buffalo, NY

#52244 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Mattulke and Orlowski as well as Gaglione and Kowalczyk fit perfectly into this category. Good!Ideal examples of 'love.'
Saint

Buffalo, NY

#52245 Dec 8, 2012
RevMsgrGoodski wrote:
Tomorrow is the Immaculate conception . It is also the anniversary of the death of two great Polish American priests.Father Daniel Pokornowski, and the Servant of God,Walter Ciszek,SJ
Fr. Ciszek is definitely a saint without official canonization. Pokornowski was a world traveler for his own personal satisfaction and pleasure. Nothing saintly about that!
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#52246 Dec 8, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What a revelation! Sexual relationships? Mattulke and Orlowski? Ideal pastors? Close by? Inseparable? Never far away from each other even in their assignments as well as in their world tours!
Sex

Buffalo, NY

#52247 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
How about sex at night?
Sauce

Buffalo, NY

#52248 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What will they be cooking?
Mallone will be cooking up a lot of dogmatic BS and a side of hate against homosexuals.
Dialing For Salvation

Buffalo, NY

#52249 Dec 8, 2012
Nolan wrote:
I often wondered whether the Catholic Church condoned the TV show "Dialing for Dollars". Although the show did not promote gambling, it certainly cut into the BINGO crowds at some churches. People could not stay up late at these games, in order to get up early enough to watch DFD on Ch. 7. Also, did Johnny and Jimmy play church hymns?
It also begs the question of whether Promo the Robot from DFD lead-in Rocketship 7 was Catholic? What would he say about parish closings and all the controversy in the church today?
Original ch7 studios were in the former Churchill Tabernacle, a creative reuse for a church. If the diocese closes more churches, one of them could be converted to a media center for Day Break Productions and the diocese could televise 24/7 programs to raise the money it needs to keep Mallone in his splendor on Oakland Pl. They could bring in the boys from EWTN and run a program on the latest in ecclesiastical fashions called designing priests and the list goes on. To appeal to the Polish ladies who fawned over Bialkowskia with their money, music would be provided by Joe Macielag and what he can put together of the Pic a Polka Orchestra. I think Johnny and Jimmy were nicer guys and played better.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#52250 Dec 8, 2012
Wow, this blog is loaded with fruits and nuts.Holy cow.
Mother Mary

Buffalo, NY

#52251 Dec 8, 2012
Mary was obviously a surrogate mother so why shouldn't the church be in favor of surrogate motherhood and other forms of non natural family planning. Also it should welcome gay marriage and non traditional families.
Review the facts

Buffalo, NY

#52252 Dec 8, 2012
No She was not a surrogate mother. Mary was Jesus' real Mother in every sense of the word. She conceived, birthed and raised Him, and was with Him from the womb to the cross to the resurrection and ascension. Re-read your bible, please.
Mother Mary wrote:
Mary was obviously a surrogate mother so why shouldn't the church be in favor of surrogate motherhood and other forms of non natural family planning. Also it should welcome gay marriage and non traditional families.
Remember the Maine

Buffalo, NY

#52253 Dec 8, 2012
Under Malone's helm, the diocese of Portland has been rated tops for observing the Dallas Charter for the protection of minors.

However, it does not say anything about falsely accused priests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NY 'shock camps' a different kind of prison (Sep '12) 13 hr tiaa 8
News Despite High Taxes, millionaires not fleeing Ny Sat Shinichiro Takizawa 27
News D.C.'s Essential Bagels Fri Zeke the Pinhead 5
News New Yorkers Name Their Dogs Weird Things Fri Magic Utah Uwear 5
News Troy Simon's journey from tap dancing on Bourbo... May 25 kelly dj 1
News Hillary Clinton vs. Bernie Sanders: If politics... May 24 Three Days Paleo 1
The eruption of the volcano was Japan's conspir... (Nov '08) May 23 fukuda 13
More from around the web