Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59914 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#52091 Nov 29, 2012
Gays wrote:
The list continues:James O'Connor,Patrick O'Keefe,Robert Orlowski, Michael Parker,sold his dick to Snyder,Martin Pavlock,Robert Perelli, Sebastian Pierro?,Richard Poblocki, Peter Popadick, still in the closet, Joseph Porpiglia, Michael Putich, and aphrodite, Thomas Quinlivan,George Reger,Ted Rog, Joseph Rogliano, the famous one.To be continued at some point.
Who cares which priest is gay and which 1 is not. This means nothing to me. Let me ask you all a question, if you work or are now lucky enough to be retired and happened to have a co-worker that was gay, did you go and plaster their name all over a blog, probably not!!! Why does it matter so much??? Btw seeing how this board is I am happily married to a women.
Daughter of Anzelm

Hamburg, NY

#52092 Nov 29, 2012
God will bring justice to those hurt by those using his name in vain at Corpus Christi Church. My Earth Father and Mother are bonded by love and part of the Immaculate Ejaculation. Did you think God my Father wouldn't see you fools at Corpus Christi for who you really are? You try to preserve stone, you try to preserve paintings, you try to preserve Polish heritage, and you try to preserve your lies built on hate. You are the destroyers of faith. You don't care about the neighborhood or its people. Most of you are racist, homophobic, and live behind a wall of religious deceit. You take communion in your filthy mouths without having any clue as what it means to be a Christian.
SMOLC parishoner hamburg

Lancaster, NY

#52093 Nov 29, 2012
The thing I care about the most is that the parish is financially stable, growing and that a priest is there on the weekend to say mass. The rest of this stuff is National Enquire magazine stuff.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#52094 Nov 30, 2012
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Poblocki - no way! This poster has lost any and all credibility now.
To those who have judged my post "funny", "racy" and "touching":
N.B. It is none of the above. I am merely pointing out that putting Poblocki on the "gay" list has destroyed the credibility of the person posting this list. What exactly is funny, racy or touching about that???
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52095 Nov 30, 2012
Most likely the gay lists are posted to draw attention to how the diocese is run. There is a long running legal case going on and more than likely, some of the gay priests listed are in support of keeping the diocese as it is (with the gay leadership for the last 17 years or so--not the bishop). Some of them have been promoted in their pastorates etc. simply because they are gay and share the same values as the gays in charge. Some of the gays on the list would not like to see the administration change because they might have to share the promotions with non-gays, limiting their rewards to promotion by merit instead of promotion by sexual orientation. The non-gays listed in the gay list are most likely those who have been denied their just rewards because they are not gay or have preached against active homosexuality, as prescribed by the Catholic faith. They too are probably involved in this never-ending court drama, attempting to change the course of the diocese of Buffalo thus ridding it of its criminal element at the same time.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52096 Nov 30, 2012
Just a note: If someone would argue that some gays are not rewarded, maybe even punished, I would guess that those unrewarded or punished, do not play the game required to be in the 'in-crowd'. Look around...it is not hard to see.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52097 Nov 30, 2012
...or basically: My way or the highway....he/she said. My guess would be that some non-gays posed as gay in order to be promoted...or at least subscribe to the 'don't ask, don't tell' motto in the clergy in order to get anywhere.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52098 Nov 30, 2012
I ask the court: Are any of the supporters of 'the diocese-as-it-is', straight? Well, how would you know? Take a moment and look around. Although you can't always tell, those supporting the dob-as-it-is are probably living the gay-lifestyle and you shouldn't have to go too far to see that. These gay priests are proud of their sexual orientation and for the most part don't mind people knowing.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52099 Nov 30, 2012
anon wrote:
Most likely the gay lists are posted to draw attention to how the diocese is run. There is a long running legal case going on and more than likely, some of the gay priests listed are in support of keeping the diocese as it is (with the gay leadership for the last 17 years or so--not the bishop). Some of them have been promoted in their pastorates etc. simply because they are gay and share the same values as the gays in charge. Some of the gays on the list would not like to see the administration change because they might have to share the promotions with non-gays, limiting their rewards to promotion by merit instead of promotion by sexual orientation. The non-gays listed in the gay list are most likely those who have been denied their just rewards because they are not gay or have preached against active homosexuality, as prescribed by the Catholic faith. They too are probably involved in this never-ending court drama, attempting to change the course of the diocese of Buffalo thus ridding it of its criminal element at the same time.
Replying to myself: Is this case being dragged out to extend it past some kind of statute of limitations? Being no lawyer myself, I wonder if the length of this court drama is in order for time to pass so justice cannot/will not be served.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#52100 Nov 30, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Replying to myself: Is this case being dragged out to extend it past some kind of statute of limitations? Being no lawyer myself, I wonder if the length of this court drama is in order for time to pass so justice cannot/will not be served.
Maybe some deal is in the works and the court delays are intended to give time for the deal to be completed.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52101 Nov 30, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe some deal is in the works and the court delays are intended to give time for the deal to be completed.
'Some deal' as in: real estate changing hands before the gavel can fall.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52102 Nov 30, 2012
WarsawPhil wrote:
And don't forget Pecararo,McAndrew,and Thaller.
I never heard of these priests... are they still alive? Or bashing the dead?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52103 Nov 30, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea. Perhaps these priests have 'stepped out': left the RC priesthood. Who knows: maybe they wouldn't comply with 'suggestions' made and wouldn't deal with the consequences of those who 'buck the system' as it is for the last 17 years. Maybe someone who knows them could elaborate.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52104 Nov 30, 2012
By the way, if my idea has merit maybe those priests would not be under obedience to the bishop any longer and might be willing to talk. Who knows? Maybe when given the choice by 'his/her nibs' of my way or the highway, they chose the highway? Gay or straight, some people have values and morals and don't chose to play that game. Granted the his/her that I speak of is NOT the bishop but he does and has called the shots for a very, very long time. Some priests have probably left for these politics...hard to get anywhere in the dob if you don't play by his/her rules, which by the way are not the rules of the Catholic church. In the business world, he/she would be charged with sexual discrimination among other serious violations.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52105 Nov 30, 2012
Also, I am no homophobe. I refer to him/her so as not to confuse any reader that I am referring to this or any bishop.
One of them

Buffalo, NY

#52106 Nov 30, 2012
Thaller wasn't allowed to be ordained. WarsawPhil/WestMilford/Trenton knows why and many others do too. Since seminary he's played priest by being a pastoral associate, currently Our Lady of Not Much Hope on Lafayette and living in rectories, currently the former SFX now BRAC in Black Rock.
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
anon

Buffalo, NY

#52107 Nov 30, 2012
One of them wrote:
Thaller wasn't allowed to be ordained. WarsawPhil/WestMilford/Trenton knows why and many others do too. Since seminary he's played priest by being a pastoral associate, currently Our Lady of Not Much Hope on Lafayette and living in rectories, currently the former SFX now BRAC in Black Rock.
<quoted text>
Should he be allowed to do that? Is it something he should not be doing but it is overlooked for some reason? Is he friends with him/her?
Rainbow Pride

North Java, NY

#52108 Nov 30, 2012
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Poblocki - no way! This poster has lost any and all credibility now.
Yes, you are such and authority on homosexuality, after all your daughter Roxelle is a lesbian on a baseball scholarship at Edinborough State. Does she come home on breaks with all her lesbian friends? How about an article about them in the Ampol. I am sure Roger would readily approve it for publication.
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#52109 Nov 30, 2012
How many priests in DOB have died of AIDS? Co-ordinator of AIDS services in WNY --one-time priest Ronald Silverio, a classmate of sex-abuser Spielman.
WarsawPhil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#52110 Nov 30, 2012
Yes, Ron Thaller always enjoyed playing priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 23 hr Fart news 708
News New York lawmakers at odds over proposed Billy ... Aug 2 goonsquad 5
News Jews for Jesus Hit Town and Find a Tough Crowd (Jul '06) Jul 30 messianic114 1,395
News Sarah Palin would be welcome in a Donald Trump ... Jul 29 Merv Griffin 1
kelly ripa has ruined michael strahan (Mar '13) Jul 29 imaloump 76
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday Jul 27 jamal 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web