Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 63335 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Saint James, NY

#51733 Nov 15, 2012
Gay drug dealing ex DOB priest, Frank Tuchols, is now a social worker in Connecticut. He is living with his partner.
anonymous

Saint James, NY

#51734 Nov 15, 2012
Bishop James Lagona headed to jail. Some priest had told me to avoid this guys years ago. I am glad I followed his advice.
The Psychic

Lancaster, NY

#51735 Nov 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Bishop James Lagona headed to jail. Some priest had told me to avoid this guys years ago. I am glad I followed his advice.
I knew you would write that.
anonymous

Saint James, NY

#51736 Nov 16, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Gay drug dealing ex DOB priest, Frank Tuchols, is now a social worker in Connecticut. He is living with his partner.
"Mean" and "incendiary",but true.
Hmmm

Buffalo, NY

#51737 Nov 16, 2012
Was he going to incardinte you?
anonymous wrote:
Think before you write

Buffalo, NY

#51738 Nov 16, 2012
"But when they continued asking him, he straightened up and said to them,ôLet the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone..." - John 8:7
Enticing

East Amherst, NY

#51739 Nov 16, 2012
anonymous wrote:
He is not the only with living with his parter. How many priest are living in DOB with their parter at night? Take the famous Mattulke and Orlowski as an example. What is that special relationship all about?
Enticing

East Amherst, NY

#51740 Nov 16, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Was Lagona instructed by Grosz in any way?
Jail

East Amherst, NY

#51741 Nov 16, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What jail did he go to? Is he allowed any visitors from DOB?
Marital Union

East Amherst, NY

#51742 Nov 16, 2012
Nuptuals wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that special. More assignments to keep him from dealing with what need to be done here in Buffalo. As for marriage and family life, he sure is an expert given his relationship with Fr. Micelli.
Which one is going to officiate the merital union between Mattulke and Orlowski?
Baltimore Catechism

Buffalo, NY

#51743 Nov 16, 2012
So Malone and the boys have been meeting in Baltimore for the last few days. What do they do in their spare time, pray, fast and visit the sick and poor? Or do they do as other boys when out of town, hit the hotel bar, smoke cigars, eat big steak dinners and hit the gay bars?
Anonynous

United States

#51744 Nov 16, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on what I hear, it sounds like if Msgr. Voorhes leaves.........the parish will close. What's that saying......cut off your nose to spite your face?
If St. Anthony's is a rich parish, many priests will apply. If it is a poor parish, even more priests will because there is plenty of work to do.
Polish National

United States

#51745 Nov 16, 2012
loreli wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Voorhees was told by the DOB that he couldn't live in the rectory. I seriously doubt he enjoys the trip back and forth every day, especially with winter coming. You may not like him, but you ought to be thankful you have him. If the DOB is planning on shutting SAofP down, whether you like him or not will soon be a moot point anyway, so quit your bitching and be grateful you even have a priest. With the shortage of priests in this diocese, you're lucky to have anyone.
What about living at the cathedral?
Or are some nuns eager to move in at St. Anthony's?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51746 Nov 16, 2012
Anonynous wrote:
<quoted text>
If St. Anthony's is a rich parish, many priests will apply. If it is a poor parish, even more priests will because there is plenty of work to do.
It's not rich.......so nobody will be applying on both of those points.

It will close!
Ciuso

Buffalo, NY

#51747 Nov 16, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not rich.......so nobody will be applying on both of those points.
It will close!
I think the whole Catholic Church should close.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51748 Nov 16, 2012
Write to the Bishop at 795 Main St. Buffalo 14202 and tell him Msgr. Voorhes could live at St. Joseph's Cathedral if the rectory at St. Anthony's isn't good enough for him to live.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#51749 Nov 16, 2012
Priest Boys Club wrote:
<quoted text>
Priests like Freddy the Freeloader and Fatso Seil are greedy men who feed off others. These leaches feel entitled because of their collar.
He may be FATSO-- but he is very light on his feet-- not unlike Jackie Gleason---"and away we go!"

BTW, couldn't you come up with an "S" word meaning "Fatso" for Seil-- keep the alliteration going?
The Psychic

Lancaster, NY

#51750 Nov 16, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He may be FATSO-- but he is very light on his feet-- not unlike Jackie Gleason---"and away we go!"
BTW, couldn't you come up with an "S" word meaning "Fatso" for Seil-- keep the alliteration going?
I predict you will write more anon-sense this weekend.
anonymous

Saint James, NY

#51751 Nov 16, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Slubecky.
anonymous

Saint James, NY

#51752 Nov 16, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Write to the Bishop at 795 Main St. Buffalo 14202 and tell him Msgr. Voorhes could live at St. Joseph's Cathedral if the rectory at St. Anthony's isn't good enough for him to live.
Kmiec and Voorhees in same building. Can't wait to see the fireworks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ICE arrests 225 immigrants in New York during '... 1 hr Build the wall 12
News Clinton: Free press is under 'open assault' in ... 5 hr Born In The USA 60
News Golisano acquiring high-speed internet provider... 10 hr Isaiah 8
News Male abuse victims seek place Mon Its reality 1
News Neighbours launch legal battle against Mount Pl... Apr 22 Dyin 2 get in 1
News Court orders Raniere to pay $444,000 in legal fees Apr 22 Moses Keatenbaum ODA 2
News Michelle Malkin: Return of the Feckless Chick-F... Apr 21 Tre H 9