Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61131 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

In the know

Clarence, NY

#51671 Nov 14, 2012
Msgr. Voorhes is trying his hardest to keep St. Anthony's open. Parishioners etc. just received letter about the establishment of a Heritage Museum in the basement of the Church....would he do this if he felt the DOB was about to close the place?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#51672 Nov 14, 2012
In the know wrote:
Msgr. Voorhes is trying his hardest to keep St. Anthony's open. Parishioners etc. just received letter about the establishment of a Heritage Museum in the basement of the Church....would he do this if he felt the DOB was about to close the place?
We know that he came to serve and not to be served but we just don't know why he served himself our money. Priests live in rectories and that is where he should be living. Why can't he live in our rectory? Fr. Secondo lived there and so did the other priests.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51673 Nov 14, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that he came to serve and not to be served but we just don't know why he served himself our money. Priests live in rectories and that is where he should be living. Why can't he live in our rectory? Fr. Secondo lived there and so did the other priests.
Let me see if I understand this. You are more concerned with were the priest lives than whether this parish will close or remain open. What is wrong with this picture? No wonder it is so easy for the DOB to slip in and rip the parish away from the "faithful".
Per Noreen

Buffalo, NY

#51674 Nov 14, 2012
On the pilgrimage to Washington just this past October, which was led by PHD,he lost one of his people. Though PHD counted, his PHD obviously has nothing to do with his mathematical abilities, as he didn't realize someone was missing when he told the bus to pull away. The poor woman! Other passengers on the trip told him he better start using his toes to help count. The Bus driver got the SOS 14 miles into the trip back from the rest stop and had to turn around to pick up the passenger. I sure hope he counts the collection better; we do know he is able to count relics fairly well, even if he doesn't have documentation on most of them. Perhaps he was just making merry with the champagne. Needless to say, people were not positively impressed!
Jacek

Buffalo, NY

#51675 Nov 14, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I understand this. You are more concerned with were the priest lives than whether this parish will close or remain open. What is wrong with this picture? No wonder it is so easy for the DOB to slip in and rip the parish away from the "faithful".
Jacek has bought new furnishings for his home. Didn't he say he came from a poor family? Who is paying for these things?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51676 Nov 14, 2012
Monsignor Voorhes is working hard to keep the parish afloat. He could have come in there and knocked out the Latin Mass and reduced the Sunday Mass down to one, if he wanted to sabotage the place. I think perhaps those who are being critical may be listening to the wrong person. Consider the motives of those who are being critical. The rectory there is a dump, so whoever is saying it is beautiful either has not been inside or their standards of living are very low. As for St. Secondo of Cassrotto, he was considered by most who would meet him to be nuts. I am sure he had good qualities too, but he was nuts.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51677 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the Larger young man named Brendone Young, I think?
Sorry, I did not mean this to sound negative, He is very friendly, outgoing and a clever chap.
I do not think he steals anything or gossips like I am hearing on this blog.
Margie

Buffalo, NY

#51678 Nov 14, 2012
Jacek wrote:
<quoted text>
Jacek has bought new furnishings for his home. Didn't he say he came from a poor family? Who is paying for these things?
I am paying for, never mind someone else's private and secretive life in a lake hut in Ransomville.He is not the only one living in a private hut.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51679 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I did not mean this to sound negative, He is very friendly, outgoing and a clever chap.
I agree!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51680 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The name is BRENDAN
He is a thief!
He is in Buffalo!
Beware!
Beware of Bozos

Caldwell, NJ

#51681 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The name is BRENDAN
He is a thief!
He is in Buffalo!
Beware!
You are the only person who thinks this way. Using different screen names does not multiply the # of people who spread your inflammatory rhetoric.
Bosco III

Lancaster, NY

#51682 Nov 14, 2012
Jacek wrote:
<quoted text>
Benefactors with very deep pockets my son, very deep pockets.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51683 Nov 14, 2012
Beware of Bozos wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only person who thinks this way. Using different screen names does not multiply the # of people who spread your inflammatory rhetoric.
Lots of people think that way Brendan, including some priests in the Diocese from whom you have taken things. I also don't trust you and this is the first time I ever wrote about you. Think what you please, but because you think it...it doesn't make it the truth.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#51684 Nov 14, 2012
Bosco III wrote:
<quoted text>Benefactors with very deep pockets my son, very deep pockets.
Where does he find these people????!!!!!
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#51685 Nov 14, 2012
50,000 Blogs! Woo Hoo!
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51686 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Ever been in a rec? They are all over the joint! They have other names.....dollies, cc's... LOL!
Bosco III

Lancaster, NY

#51687 Nov 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You meet them in your parish, in your social circle when attending functions. They can be business owners, some are professionals who serve as directors on various boards throughout our community.
Jacek

Buffalo, NY

#51688 Nov 14, 2012
Bosco III wrote:
<quoted text>Benefactors with very deep pockets my son, very deep pockets.
I have good benefactors. Plus, I charge a lot for the funerals. That is how I make my money for my cottage.Clear?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#51689 Nov 14, 2012
Lazy Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.......tell him to give us back our $20,000.00 and use his family money.
Fred will never be named a pastor.

Ed Grosz said that Bishop Kmiec detested the mention of Fred's name when it was mentioned.
Kramer

Lancaster, NY

#51691 Nov 14, 2012
depew wrote:
thats right beware buffalo brendan young is back
The Kavorka!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 7 hr TRUMP FAN 16
News Women in Russia, Ukraine unite online against s... 19 hr George 28
News Hillary Clinton gave inequality speech in $12K ... Jul 20 trump fan 13
Will Hillary seek Obama pardon? Jul 18 bulgingcrotch 2
News Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady (Dec '14) Jul 18 Henry 12
News 3 people in New York have contracted Zika throu... Jul 18 friend of blue 2
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Jul 18 josephbarkley 156
More from around the web