Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62097 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51244 Oct 25, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Well, this is enlighting. Having said that:
1. How do we get rid of LiPuma?
2. How do we get rid of the biggest phony in the entire diocese, Joe Gatto.
3. How do we restore the DOB to what it was?
Have a great night, peeps!
I say the biggest phonies are Chalupka and Mrs. pregnant!!!!!
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#51245 Oct 25, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the biggest phonies are Chalupka and Mrs. pregnant!!!!!
Well, at least they're not fooling anybody anymore. Remember how Chalupka used to sit at the altar during Mass with his hand on his forehead and looking down? He was copying JPII and trying to appear oh-so-spiritual while Miss Preggie looked on admiringly from the pews. Now that's a phony baloney and then some. You'd have to really go some to trump his act.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#51246 Oct 26, 2012
Does Nogaro want to be a monsignor?
Happy

Buffalo, NY

#51247 Oct 26, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Well, this is enlighting. Having said that:
1. How do we get rid of LiPuma?
2. How do we get rid of the biggest phony in the entire diocese, Joe Gatto.
3. How do we restore the DOB to what it was?
Have a great night, peeps!
Tie up Joe Gatto to Paul Burhardin their cottage together. They will have great fun and they will be very gay.
Happy

Buffalo, NY

#51248 Oct 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Does Nogaro want to be a monsignor?
As ever so he can parade in red to the famous Cathode R. in Allentown.
Falls

Buffalo, NY

#51249 Oct 26, 2012
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least they're not fooling anybody anymore. Remember how Chalupka used to sit at the altar during Mass with his hand on his forehead and looking down? He was copying JPII and trying to appear oh-so-spiritual while Miss Preggie looked on admiringly from the pews. Now that's a phony baloney and then some. You'd have to really go some to trump his act.
Is J. Mazur imitating this ideal priest in everything? Is their another JPII in the Falls.
A Kiss Up

Buffalo, NY

#51250 Oct 26, 2012
"A STATEMENT TO THE PARISHIONERS OF
ST. STEPHEN REGARDING THE STATUS OF MR. FRANK CANNATA"

I have been asked by Bishop Edward Kimiec to share with you the following information:

"After consulting with Bishop Kimiec, and after prayerful consideration of the situation, we have decided that Frank Cannata should remain on temporary leave from his position as Music Director while his legal mater is pending. In the meantime, I ask you to join me in supporting Frank and in making him feel most welcome in our Church and in our parish community."

"I would like to give a brief further explanation. After considering the opinions of many parishioners sent through various communications, I felt that it might be good to allow Frank to return the weekend of January 23rd. This past week, the Bishop asked me to meet with him to discuss the matter. He had previously talked to me by phone in December.

I want to make it clear that the Bishop was very open and understanding. I felt that he was trying to be sensitive to our situation in our 45-minute meeting. I attempted to communicate as best I could the feelings of the majority of our parishioners and their support for Frank. After consulting with his legal counsel, the Bishop felt that a prudential decision be made to issue the collaborative statement above. Despite my personal feelings, as a priest and pastor in this Diocese, I join him in making this statement.

I apologize to parishioners and to Frank if any course of action on my part has added to the roller coaster of emotions we have all felt during these past two months. I look forward to a time in the future when by prayer and patience we may know healing.

As members of God's people, we have a right to communicate our opinions in a thoughtful and charitable manner. Please feel free to do so to me or to the Bishop (795 Main, Buffalo 14203). You may also call the office of either of us.

Unless there is some major development in this matter, I will not comment beyond this statement in any public forum or to the media.

God Bless!

Fr. Paul Nogaro
February 5, 2005
A Crazy Kiss Up 2

Buffalo, NY

#51251 Oct 26, 2012
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51252 Oct 26, 2012
Does anyone know how Paul and his lover are doing? Paul recalls his vow of obedience..........
does he remember his other vow? Or isn't that vow important? Perhaps he should give that vow prayerful consideration.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51253 Oct 26, 2012
A Crazy Kiss Up 2 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JzOcmw0BvPAXX
Paul always enjoyed playing dress up. He could invite his pal LiPuma over and have a tea party and dress up for the occasion. Enoug
Laczynski

Buffalo, NY

#51254 Oct 26, 2012
A Crazy Kiss Up 2 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JzOcmw0BvPAXX
What a gay show that was. You gotta love all the lace. There were plenty of gays in the pews. One question for the celebrant, did anyone wear any leather? Then it could have been a real leather and lace event just like those put on by the drag queens in Allentown.
concerned

Lancaster, NY

#51255 Oct 26, 2012
anybody have an update on how Father Gary Kibler's surgery went yesterday?
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#51256 Oct 26, 2012
Laczynski wrote:
<quoted text>What a gay show that was. You gotta love all the lace. There were plenty of gays in the pews. One question for the celebrant, did anyone wear any leather? Then it could have been a real leather and lace event just like those put on by the drag queens in Allentown.
I remember Fr. Chris Puehn's comments of may years ago. "Lace,which is worn by women and monsignors."
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#51257 Oct 26, 2012
Bishop Malone's statement on same-sex marriage is avaliable through the "National Catholic Reporter" website.
iEvangeline

Buffalo, NY

#51258 Oct 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Bishop Malone's statement on same-sex marriage is avaliable through the "National Catholic Reporter" website.
Let'd hurt more gays.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51259 Oct 26, 2012
Anonymous of Buffalo- Must you always be so nasty. It bores after awhile.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#51260 Oct 26, 2012
Other indications I have received indicate that LiPuma has been encouraging priests and lay people to emphasize Joe Moreno's problems and the DOB's attempts of "help" him.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51261 Oct 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Other indications I have received indicate that LiPuma has been encouraging priests and lay people to emphasize Joe Moreno's problems and the DOB's attempts of "help" him.
With all due respect, the only problems are LiPuma and Gatto. They have destroyed this diocese in their quest for power and control.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#51262 Oct 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
LiPuma is SO predictable.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#51263 Oct 26, 2012
I don't understand how LiPuma got into the chancery in the first place. Every Vice-Chancellor I know has at least a JCL degree. One eparch, I know selected a new vice-chancellor,but immediately enrolled him in canon law school,as he had no specialized canon law training. He got his JCL. Another eparch also "borrowed" a Latin rite Canon lawyer for a few years,until he got his own canonist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 8 hr mossy 1,030
News Watertown and Massena JCPenney stores not part ... 19 hr agree 2
News Spicer: Former campaign chairman had 'very limi... 20 hr Death on 2 Legs 2
News Trump Fires Wall Street Enforcer Bharara Who Re... Wed Agents of Corruption 14
for adults Wed pattyboiman1 1
trump ryne care will rep vote BIG NO for Wed vote no for trump... 1
Lost my id need a new one Mar 20 Twizidgod 1
More from around the web