Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61252 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51142 Oct 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
A few Catholic priests became Protestant ministers; most went to the seminary in the 1960’s or earlier, and obviously had stopped believing the Catholic Faith by the 1970’s, a time when Catholic teaching wasn’t being presented much. Now, almost no recently ordained men are switching from Catholic to Protestant, but many are CURRENTLY moving from Protestant to Catholic. Dozens became Catholic priests in 2011-2012, including a few former Episcopal bishops. Dozens more are in the process of becoming Catholic priests. Thousands of former American ministers – in the past decade – have become Catholic laity. Catholic doctrine has not changed, but is now being presented more consistently. Protestant doctrine, as presented by most churches, HAS changed, in the sense that they believe less and less
When you have to lie to yourself, you have a bigger problem.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51143 Oct 21, 2012
Kathy,

Are you jealous that Fr. Joe got more attention than you?

I hope you are not thinking of doing what Father Joe did.

I'll intercede for you and get them to excuse your bare feet.

P.S. Always remember: THEY'RE WATCHING YOU!
A Song for Kathy

Buffalo, NY

#51144 Oct 21, 2012
Helicopter

Buffalo, NY

#51145 Oct 21, 2012
Pay no attention to the helicopter flying overhead; he is part of the railroad.
Martimonial Advice

Buffalo, NY

#51146 Oct 21, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Well, did you ALL enjoy that? For those of you who aren't criminals nor law enforcement who monitor my every moment, YOU just missed a huge fight about this in my house. Doesn't happen often, matter of fact, it never happened in over 38 years before this began. During it I had NO CHOICE but to fill everyone in on what I know and think I know has transpired. But they probably didn't hear it in Connecticut nor New York, so if someone would be so kind as to send a tape to those folks to keep them abreast of my state of marriage so they shouldn't be concerned with how THAT is faring throughout all of this impossible ordeal, I would appreciate it wholeheartedly.
Let him stay in the basement and calm down. Are you willing to compromise on the bare feet thing? How about we agree thatolics from you'll wear socks at all times. I don't care myself but canon law forbids Catholics from exposing their bare feet before Bishop who is an Ordinary of a Diocese unless the Bishop in his wisdom should instruct it.
anon

New York, NY

#51147 Oct 21, 2012
Martimonial Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Let him stay in the basement and calm down. Are you willing to compromise on the bare feet thing? How about we agree thatolics from you'll wear socks at all times. I don't care myself but canon law forbids Catholics from exposing their bare feet before Bishop who is an Ordinary of a Diocese unless the Bishop in his wisdom should instruct it.
Silly! I always wear sox, even to bed so you must not be watching that closely or perhaps your busy doing something else or maybe you are the ONE of the other persuasion!?!!
foot fettish

Buffalo, NY

#51148 Oct 21, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Silly! I always wear sox, even to bed so you must not be watching that closely or perhaps your busy doing something else or maybe you are the ONE of the other persuasion!?!!
They look like hooves from here!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#51149 Oct 21, 2012
Gospel according to Grosz wrote:
Eddie is not one to tell tales out of school, but if what he is saying is true, LiPuma is on his way out the door. He is hoping "Slubecky & Company" (as he put it) soon are gone as well. Ed is still hurt that at the installation Mass, Malone never mentioned that he was looking forward to working with Bishop Grosz. He feel that he has been treated poorly by Kmiec and now Malone. He said, that at least, Kmiec did delegate more things to him. We all know, that was only because Kmiec was lazy. Kmiec would delegate to the Devil if it meant he didn't have to do it (oh, I forgot, he did that's LiPuma).
Yes, he is really tight lipped and that is probably why Bishop confides in him so much.
anon

New York, NY

#51150 Oct 21, 2012
foot fettish wrote:
<quoted text>
They look like hooves from here!
Oh Msgr, I'm so broken hearted! I thought you and your partner-viewer liked me! Guess the closer it gets to starting your sentence, the less likely watching me will 'do it' for you. I know the two of you wanted me to just 'get over it' but I opted for jail for both of you. You can each 'do it; in the privacy of your cells after that.
dunkirk diva

Dunkirk, NY

#51151 Oct 21, 2012
does anyone have the details on why Father John from BLessed Mary Angela is leaving, i thought Matt brought him over from Poland, is John under the diocese approval or what
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#51152 Oct 21, 2012
dunkirk diva wrote:
does anyone have the details on why Father John from BLessed Mary Angela is leaving, i thought Matt brought him over from Poland, is John under the diocese approval or what
Fr. John accepted an assignment at the Catholic Church in Clymer. Apparently, no other priest wanted it and Fr. John felt he was ready to have a parish of his own. His English is pretty good now. He will be deeply missed. A very fine priest.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#51153 Oct 21, 2012
The DOB doesn’t have the same percentage of converts as other dioceses. For many years, the emphasis here was on Peace and Justice, and evangelism meant “everybody be friendly to everybody”. There was little attention to doctrine, no encouragement for Protestants to convert, because the DOB was trying to be cozy with the mainline, liberal denominations. In the DOB there was hardly any mention of sin, so Buffalonians see no need for any Church that can forgive sins; few people in Buffalo go to confession. The Mass here is often presented as a “community gathering”; Protestants locally don’t see much need for Mass, since they have community gatherings of their own. Thus they don’t see as much need to become Catholic. In other dioceses, there is more emphasis on doctrine, Catholic social teaching, etc. They get more converts than Buffalo because they have more obvious Catholicism than DOB.
Anonymous

United States

#51154 Oct 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
The DOB doesn’t have the same percentage of converts as other dioceses. For many years, the emphasis here was on Peace and Justice, and evangelism meant “everybody be friendly to everybody”. There was little attention to doctrine, no encouragement for Protestants to convert, because the DOB was trying to be cozy with the mainline, liberal denominations. In the DOB there was hardly any mention of sin, so Buffalonians see no need for any Church that can forgive sins; few people in Buffalo go to confession. The Mass here is often presented as a “community gathering”; Protestants locally don’t see much need for Mass, since they have community gatherings of their own. Thus they don’t see as much need to become Catholic. In other dioceses, there is more emphasis on doctrine, Catholic social teaching, etc. They get more converts than Buffalo because they have more obvious Catholicism than DOB.
I've attended a few Latin masses in Cheektowaga, Buffalo and
also in Rochester and I saw many adults and children going to confession. I guess, that's why they call them traditionals.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51155 Oct 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Kathy,
Are you jealous that Fr. Joe got more attention than you?
I hope you are not thinking of doing what Father Joe did.
I'll intercede for you and get them to excuse your bare feet.
P.S. Always remember: THEY'RE WATCHING YOU!
Your previous post made sense. Do not incite the nuts. That is mean. If I may be so rude as to say!!!!!
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#51156 Oct 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a tiny amount compared to what the billionaires who own the media are spending on the other side. President Obama is on the same side as the billionaires supporting gay marriage, opposing the K of C. It's going to take a lot of prayer to even things out.
You are more than entitled to your opinion. However, having said that, all you ever do is complain about the gay population and the fact that Vatican II happened. If you are very old, I apologize. If you are under the age of 69, where have you been? The K of C is a drunkards club and gay is gay.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#51157 Oct 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I've attended a few Latin masses in Cheektowaga, Buffalo and
also in Rochester and I saw many adults and children going to confession. I guess, that's why they call them traditionals.
When will the Latin Masses be starting in Niagara Falls?
anonymous

New York, NY

#51158 Oct 21, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
You are more than entitled to your opinion. However, having said that, all you ever do is complain about the gay population and the fact that Vatican II happened. If you are very old, I apologize. If you are under the age of 69, where have you been? The K of C is a drunkards club and gay is gay.
You got that right. Unfortunately they had more problems than being drunkards.
Missa Latina

East Amherst, NY

#51159 Oct 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
When will the Latin Masses be starting in Niagara Falls?
As soon as 'divine diva' comes back from Poland.
Knights of Columbus

Buffalo, NY

#51160 Oct 22, 2012
So tell me that they are not gay parading around with the swords, capes and plumes. Swords by the way are phalic symbols.
Harmful

Buffalo, NY

#51161 Oct 22, 2012
So what type of harm is Bishop Malone causing today for priests of the Diocese of Buffalo and gays of the State of Maine? Will the Knights of Columbus honor him with their chalice of the year award?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... Thu Fa-Foxy 5
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Wed Jenna Torrey 197
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Aug 23 Billy Joe 114
News A true leader, Hillary clears a bar set high Aug 23 Mark Twain 80
News Thousands More Clinton Emails to Be Released Aug 23 Stephany McDowell 1
News The Latest: Trump pledges probe of Clinton Foun... Aug 23 Stephany McDowell 1
Rape is fun Aug 22 Kim 2
More from around the web