Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61264 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50859 Oct 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Didn't Mazur close St. James and St. Gerard?
Yes he did. I guess the fate of St Lawrence was to be next.
We Now Know Malone

Buffalo, NY

#50860 Oct 14, 2012
We now know Malone and do not have to wonder about him. He too is less than truthful and forthright in saying Moreno was being "transferred." If he was being transferred, Joe Moreno would be going from one assignment to another. That was not the case here! In this case, Moreno was being removed without getting an assignment. He was told he could "live" at St. Bernadette's, not be assigned there.

When Moreno was told he would NEVER be a pastor, he then asked about being a hospital chaplain. There Malone said he was "open to that possibility" (notice Malone's words here - he is careful in how he commits himself). Observe Malone's eyes and body language which indicates he is being less than truthful.

The rug was pulled out from underneath Fr. Joe without any sensitivity or concern. Malone took the cue from LiPuma and Slubecky (just as lazy Kmiec did).

Well, the hope some of us had in Malone that we could trust him and have confidence in him has gone down the drain. He should examine how poorly he responded to this situation and publicly come clean. He did not come to heal, but to deal. He a smooth talking con artist and he is quite talented at it.

Well, Richard, you and your secretary make a great pair. People here do not trust the Diocese and you have helped to keep it that way.
Slick Dick

Buffalo, NY

#50861 Oct 14, 2012
Slick Dick also tells 80% of the truth, but then plays with words to SLIGHTLY give the impression that he wants the listener to believe and accept. I think Slick Dick needs to go for another plane ride with Johnice and fly back to Portland for good.
Anonymous

United States

#50862 Oct 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
And don't forget Whitney and Weldgen on the Personnel Board. Both to them really damaged morale among DOB priests.
And don't forget Sr.Regina Mundi. She knows everything and plans everything for the DOB and beyond.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#50863 Oct 15, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget Sr.Regina Mundi. She knows everything and plans everything for the DOB and beyond.
Sister Destructo knows how to make the men in collars dance to her tune.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50864 Oct 15, 2012
It appears that Malone's honeymoon with the DOB is over. I always suspected that he was a system man and no real change would occur. I did have some hope, but it now looks things are going to continue as they did under EUK.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#50865 Oct 15, 2012
We Now Know Malone wrote:
We now know Malone and do not have to wonder about him. He too is less than truthful and forthright in saying Moreno was being "transferred." If he was being transferred, Joe Moreno would be going from one assignment to another. That was not the case here! In this case, Moreno was being removed without getting an assignment. He was told he could "live" at St. Bernadette's, not be assigned there.
When Moreno was told he would NEVER be a pastor, he then asked about being a hospital chaplain. There Malone said he was "open to that possibility" (notice Malone's words here - he is careful in how he commits himself). Observe Malone's eyes and body language which indicates he is being less than truthful.
The rug was pulled out from underneath Fr. Joe without any sensitivity or concern. Malone took the cue from LiPuma and Slubecky (just as lazy Kmiec did).
Well, the hope some of us had in Malone that we could trust him and have confidence in him has gone down the drain. He should examine how poorly he responded to this situation and publicly come clean. He did not come to heal, but to deal. He a smooth talking con artist and he is quite talented at it.
Well, Richard, you and your secretary make a great pair. People here do not trust the Diocese and you have helped to keep it that way.
Same old, same old. Just more of the same - they are all cut from the same mold. Don't expect the DOB to change.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#50866 Oct 15, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Sister Destructo knows how to make the men in collars dance to her tune.
So Malone has kept here in power yet again - more closings, more destruction, more devastation, more lies, more manipulation. Evangelization????? Yeah, right!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50867 Oct 15, 2012
Dementia wrote:
I know for a fact the secretary who prepares the Bulletins is a 106 years old!! Don't blame the Liturgy Committee.
and someone in the sixth grade does the bulletin at Corpus Christi
Marcin Kromer

Boston, MA

#50868 Oct 15, 2012
Does anyone know WHY the DOB wouldn't give Fr. Joe a pastoral assignment? Was it because of his struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder? Not trying to be devil's advocate here, just wondering what the other side of the story is. What's in that personnel file?
Sacerdos

North Tonawanda, NY

#50869 Oct 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
And don't forget Whitney and Weldgen on the Personnel Board. Both to them really damaged morale among DOB priests.
These two are the worst of all, Whitney and Weldgen, the infamous Batavia Barn Boys. The Peronnel Board should be abolished immediately. They are subjective, vindictive, and biased. Down with the Personnel Board. Let the Bishop decide by himself. LiPuma is part of the problem. Fr. Joseph Moreno killed himself with a gun with the bullet in the head.
Sacerdos

North Tonawanda, NY

#50870 Oct 15, 2012
About LiPuma wrote:
It became official tonight..........LiPuma was behind the suicide.
He likes to act as little bishop. Nothing new under the sun with this man.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50871 Oct 15, 2012
Marcin Kromer wrote:
Does anyone know WHY the DOB wouldn't give Fr. Joe a pastoral assignment? Was it because of his struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder? Not trying to be devil's advocate here, just wondering what the other side of the story is. What's in that personnel file?
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a complete joke in this case. Yes, he felt bad at what he saw..........who wouldn't? It was not causing him any emotional problem........that was 11 years ago and he moved on. I knew him and I know this whole thing is BS and it disgusts me. They told him he couldn't be a pastor now or ever because they didn't like his way of doing things. Now they're saying he had a heart of gold but before they told him he should stop doing the very things they are now praising him for doing. Does this make sense? On Friday Father LiPuma raised his voice to Father Joe when he told him he would never be a pastor. That's when he asked if he could at least do something else. They told him they'd consider it. Consider it? What? And now they're praising him to the cameras.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50872 Oct 15, 2012
LiPuma gave him until this coming Wednesday to vacate the rectory at Saint Lawrence. He gave him a little over a weeks notice.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50873 Oct 15, 2012
Did anyone notice Fr.Butch Mazur on the news hugging and mourning? All he did was talk against Father Joe and said he didn't know what he was doing.
UR are a LIAR MALONE

Buffalo, NY

#50874 Oct 15, 2012
We Now Know Malone wrote:
MALLONE IS FULL OF BALONE!

He has to answer carefully because he knows there are witnesses to the sequence of events.

COME CLEAN BISHOP MALONE!

TELL PEOPLE WHAT HAPPENED!

STOP YOUR CATHOLIC SECRET GAME?
anon

Hamburg, NY

#50875 Oct 15, 2012
I was dismayed but not surprised to hear Bishop Malone say on wben radio this morning that the assignment had nothing to do with his taking his life. He claims he met with him for half hour and he was fine. Are you kidding me!? It just shows how little he knew of the fine priest and his dedication to the community he served. Very out of touch and insensitive comment only to try to protect his own image in this case. How sad and how telling of what we can expect. Let's pray for the soul of Fr. Joe and remember all his fine works. Those that really knew Fr. Joe will know his heart and know what set this off.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50876 Oct 15, 2012
Why don't they get rid of Lapuma?
anon

Hamburg, NY

#50877 Oct 15, 2012
I guess if you ever thought working in corporate America was a tough gig filled with disposable workers and tyranical bosses you can now see that the Catholic diocese has them beat hands down. What happened to charity, love thy neighbor and compassion?
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#50878 Oct 15, 2012
Since going through the turmoil of JF&G, my attitude towards the DOB and most clergy has made a 180 degree turn. Don't trust any of them, don't believe a word they say.

And...when there is a good priest among the people, look how he is treated. I personally don't know Fr. Moreno, but knowing what I know about the DOB and their lies and deception, they probably destroyed this poor man and now they are spinning the truth once again. How very sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 43 min Injudgement 787
Missing Nominees Make 2016 Presidential Debates... 2 hr LetSteinandJohnso... 2
News Trump family values: bonding over bricks, morta... 6 hr Hitler ll 3
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 6 hr ClintonRacism 111
News a Shooting of Dwayne Wade's Cousin a Breaks Our... 7 hr ClintonRacism 1
Assassinations Are Mostly Japan's Conspiracy 7 hr fukuda 2
trump got a problem 7 hr trump vs woman 1
More from around the web