Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61672 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Voorhees

Hamburg, NY

#50093 Aug 30, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Its quite obvious that Kmiec did not have a lot of confidence in Voorhes, which is why he removed him from St. Teresa's the way he did: like a bat out of hell. I think that even Voorhes knows that he simply has not been appreciated and he is dillusional if he thinks that Kmiec really thought highly of him. I think this was confirmed by the fact that when he applied for St. Mary's on the Lake, Kmiec gave the parish to Art Smith instead of Voorhes. I think that Art may even be younger than Voorhes.
He embarrassed Kmiec publicly by not firing Marc and letting Marc go to the D.A.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#50094 Aug 31, 2012
Voorhees wrote:
<quoted text>
He embarrassed Kmiec publicly by not firing Marc and letting Marc go to the D.A.

BUT..........he gained more respect by doing the right thing......there aren't many priests who would.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50095 Aug 31, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT..........he gained more respect by doing the right thing......there aren't many priests who would.
If EUK had himself done the right thing, Bartnik would not be hospitalized to this day, and Voorhees and Marc would not have had to go the the DA. Kmiec brought the embaraasment on his himself by his inaction.
Fly on the Wall

AOL

#50096 Aug 31, 2012
Voorhees wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bishop should have removed Voorhees faculties for giving his assent and letting this happen.
And he would have if it really happened BUT it never did!
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50097 Aug 31, 2012
Fly on the Wall wrote:
<quoted text>
And he would have if it really happened BUT it never did!
Yes, You're right. Such an incident, if it had happened would have given Kmiec every justification for throwing the book at Fred,whom he throughly despises. That no punishment was forthcoming gives the impresion that no offense was committed in the first place.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#50098 Aug 31, 2012
Marc's refusal of Ted Berg's wake being held at the St. Theresa is what caused his problem with LiPuma. Berg was waked at the funeral home until LiPuma intervened. The body was later transferred to the St. Theresa under LiPuma's order. I don't think it was respectful to treat Berg the way Marc did after what Berg accomplished at St. Theresa.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#50099 Aug 31, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, You're right. Such an incident, if it had happened would have given Kmiec every justification for throwing the book at Fred,whom he throughly despises. That no punishment was forthcoming gives the impresion that no offense was committed in the first place.
My friend, grossly inappropriate in your conversation however, I wanted to thank you before I depart. All is good in the hood, as the children say, and our boy was sent home. You have been a beacon of hope and light when things were horribly difficult. I will remember you daily in my prayers.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#50100 Sep 1, 2012
I heard Art Smith is back waiting for his new assignment. What outrageous mistakes will he make this time? Jump in bed with the janitor? Spend all the money at new parish? Cheat on the janitor with someone else? God save us from priests like this!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50101 Sep 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
I heard Art Smith is back waiting for his new assignment. What outrageous mistakes will he make this time? Jump in bed with the janitor? Spend all the money at new parish? Cheat on the janitor with someone else? God save us from priests like this!
Any other banned priests coming back?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50102 Sep 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Any other banned priests coming back?
Supposedly Tom Gresock. Man, he has been away for like close to 20 years.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50103 Sep 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What's next? Speilman? Wood?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50104 Sep 1, 2012
I never even heard what Gresock did. Any idea?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#50105 Sep 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What parish?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#50106 Sep 1, 2012
Anyone know what Bishop Malone will be doing Tuesday that is so important he can't celebrate the funeral Mass for Msgr. Richard Gill? Msgr. Gill was a much beloved diocesan priest in my neck of the woods and until recently, prior stroke and all, still helped out at area churches while in his late 80s. Yet Grosz will be here instead of Malone. Anyone know why?
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50107 Sep 1, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
Anyone know what Bishop Malone will be doing Tuesday that is so important he can't celebrate the funeral Mass for Msgr. Richard Gill? Msgr. Gill was a much beloved diocesan priest in my neck of the woods and until recently, prior stroke and all, still helped out at area churches while in his late 80s. Yet Grosz will be here instead of Malone. Anyone know why?
Maybe,he is visiting his other diocese, Portland?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#50108 Sep 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe,he is visiting his other diocese, Portland?
Shouldn't the funeral of a monsignor take precedence over whatever? Wrong message being telegraphed to his priests already i.e any bishop will do in a pinch. Where's the leadership in this?
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#50109 Sep 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Your bitterness is pitiful. I can not figure out who you are but I am sure I know you. I hope you are a pathetic old broad and not a young person whose parents have filled your head with lies and innuendos.
Observation

Hamburg, NY

#50110 Sep 1, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bitterness is pitiful. I can not figure out who you are but I am sure I know you. I hope you are a pathetic old broad and not a young person whose parents have filled your head with lies and innuendos.
Father Art Smith wasn't always that nice of a guy. Yes, he had good days. Sometimes he would just glare or stare into space like everyone was after him or something like that and he wasn't going to talk to people. He hurt a lot a lot of people at S.T.A. He would be self centered and he only cared about things being his way. If he didn't like you he'd talk about you behind your back and do what he could to hurt you. Most people know this about him. About the only person who didn't see this about him was Fr. Art himself. Are you Fr. Art? F.Y.I. I never had a problem with Fr. Art he never bothered me because I kept my distance from all that stuff that was going on and was too busy with life.
Mary of Magdela

Tonawanda, NY

#50111 Sep 1, 2012
Observation wrote:
<quoted text>
Father Art Smith wasn't always that nice of a guy. Yes, he had good days. Sometimes he would just glare or stare into space like everyone was after him or something like that and he wasn't going to talk to people. He hurt a lot a lot of people at S.T.A. He would be self centered and he only cared about things being his way. If he didn't like you he'd talk about you behind your back and do what he could to hurt you. Most people know this about him. About the only person who didn't see this about him was Fr. Art himself. Are you Fr. Art? F.Y.I. I never had a problem with Fr. Art he never bothered me because I kept my distance from all that stuff that was going on and was too busy with life.
No, I am not but, with all due respect, you are wrong. He is not that young....we all stare. I think you are a nice person, senior moment? Paranoia? Walk one mile in his shoes. But I do appreciate your kind comments and if I hurt your feelings, I am sorry. He is a great priest!
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#50112 Sep 1, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not but, with all due respect, you are wrong. He is not that young....we all stare. I think you are a nice person, senior moment? Paranoia? Walk one mile in his shoes. But I do appreciate your kind comments and if I hurt your feelings, I am sorry. He is a great priest!
Art is around 67-68. He won't be doing tri-athlons any more. And he may have his good days and bad days,like most of us. I still think he's a good priest. And if he's gay, he wont't be the first or last in the DOB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump heads to Long Island for lavish costume p... 2 hr Fcvk tRump 5
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 4 hr Nurse Suzie 208
Gay teen hookup (NYC area) Fri ethan-sam7 4
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) Fri Native 86
News New York Would Rather Defend Illegal Immigrants... Fri Wildchild 3
News News Tough-on-corruption NY prosecutor tells Tr... Fri anonymous 4
News New Rule Bans Smoking In Public Housing Nationwide Thu WTF 3
More from around the web