Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62513 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Ditz

AOL

#49613 Aug 17, 2012
Brendon appears in the Fatima Crusader...pictured with Gruner
Ditz

AOL

#49614 Aug 17, 2012
Is that where he is going at the end of the month...to the "Gruner" seminary?
Overheard in vestibule
#49615 Aug 17, 2012
No, Ditz. On Sunday I heard him tell a parishioner that after a pilgrimage in France and Italy he will be studying at LMU in Munich for the year. Be careful where you say things, you never know who's going to repeat them.
Ditz wrote:
Is that where he is going at the end of the month...to the "Gruner" seminary?
Anono

Buffalo, NY

#49616 Aug 17, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Casarotto admitted to having sex (fact).........end of story for a priest who took a public vow of celibacy.
Then what about Fr. Anzelm and his daughter? And what about the poor mother who always looks so sad?
Anonomouse

Buffalo, NY

#49617 Aug 17, 2012
Overheard in vestibule wrote:
No, Ditz. On Sunday I heard him tell a parishioner that after a pilgrimage in France and Italy he will be studying at LMU in Munich for the year. Be careful where you say things, you never know who's going to repeat them.
<quoted text>
Last Thurs I heard he got money from some priest, and he will study abroad.
Unbelievable
#49618 Aug 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they had sex? The woman? her lawyer? the police?
I did not read it anywhere.
The article used the term "sexual contact", which is rather evasive. It seems to me that it was the Canadian woman's lawyer who was using the term. Nevertheless, the greater issue is this: was she really assaulted as the Jewish lawyer claims? I find it hard to believe that an elderly man was able to lure an unsuspecting female to his bedroom and take her panties down without her consent (if indeed that really happened).
Just the facts
#49619 Aug 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they had sex? The woman? her lawyer? the police?
I did not read it anywhere.
S E C O N D O C A S S A R O T O

Per the DA on the news.

The DA was defending him saying Secondo was nervous when the police questioned him, but admitted it.

It was not criminal if it was mutual, but he would have broken his vows.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#49620 Aug 17, 2012
Ditz wrote:
Brendon appears in the Fatima Crusader...pictured with Gruner
He's everywhere.......he's everywhere.

Corpus Christi

Saint Ann's

Saint Louis

Our Lady Help of Christians

Saint Anthony's

Etc.

Does he have a life or does he chase priests/money?
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#49621 Aug 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin's family used to go to St. Anthony's because
Fr. Segundo was a good evangelizer.
And look what they did to him.
No, look at what the nut did to himself.

Some complain when priests get away with things, but they are the first to cry foul if they know and like the priest.

So, they are equally to blame along with the church officials.
ANON
#49622 Aug 17, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Casarotto admitted to having sex (fact).........end of story for a priest who took a public vow of celibacy.

Must we now go into a definition of what having sex means? Why not ask the real victims of assault in Erie County? These two women have whored out for money. There was no case to take to trial and they would have lost anyway. The Diocese and Order only care about themselves. They seem to be more than happy to throw Fr. Segundo on the trash heap. This person came a long way to HARRASS HIM. She had to cross the bridge, pay tolls and everything! That costs money. My wish for her is that she will gain all her weight back and will be a contestant on the biggest loser because that's what she is.
Rumors

Buffalo, NY

#49623 Aug 17, 2012
I know he goes to the Latin Mass and that would explain St. Anthony's, OLHC and St. Louis. There was a one time Latin Mass there last year. People who attend the Latin Mass generally go wherever it is held. He was at Corpus Christi for a while but I asked a parishioner if she had seen him and she said he hasn't been there all year. I heard that he got the money to go and study in Germany from a Jesuit priest who died a few years ago.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He's everywhere.......he's everywhere.
Corpus Christi
Saint Ann's
Saint Louis
Our Lady Help of Christians
Saint Anthony's
Etc.
Does he have a life or does he chase priests/money?
Question

Buffalo, NY

#49624 Aug 17, 2012
Why is Jane Doe in this case allowed to remain anonymous? She can ruin a priest's reputation, but if she is so brave why doesn't she come out in public?

Also her statement where she says "I wanted to press criminal charges but was not allowed to proceed" contradicts the January Buffalo News article: "Authorities asked the woman to assist them in finding evidence to support her version of events, but she refused, Sedita said.“It’s a combination of lack of corroboration and lack of cooperation,” Sedita said.“All you have is the claim of the victim.”

Think about it...
Yeah right

Buffalo, NY

#49625 Aug 17, 2012
"Friendly" parish communities?! I came from a truly friendly parish. When my church closed and we were absorbed into another nearby parish, they were not very "friendly." They gloated that they were left open and were smug that their "competition" was gone. They were so friendly that I never went back.
anonymous wrote:
Evangelism in the DOB is almost exclusively "social". The idea on the website is that lots of people are looking to "belong", parishes should just be friendly, don't bring up doctrine till later (or never). This ignores the fact that many people in recent decades HAVE been converting from Protestant or no religion, into the Catholic Faith, because the Catholic Faith is IS logical, it does answer questions that many folks have. Many people have read their way into the Catholic Faith, or flip channels to EWTN, and found some explanation that satisfied them, and caused them to look deeper. I am not against "friendly" parish communities, just pointing out the DOB's "friendly communities" strategy has not been that successful, they need new strategies in addition. The DOB's evangelism program and the RCIA "process" have focused exclusively on getting people into the Catholic Church, and ignored getting people into the Catholic Faith.
Dollar Signs

Buffalo, NY

#49626 Aug 17, 2012
Who told her not to press charges? Look at the money she and her lawer would have grabbed! Or perhaps, they knew that a trial would have turned the table around.
Question wrote:
Why is Jane Doe in this case allowed to remain anonymous? She can ruin a priest's reputation, but if she is so brave why doesn't she come out in public?
Also her statement where she says "I wanted to press criminal charges but was not allowed to proceed" contradicts the January Buffalo News article: "Authorities asked the woman to assist them in finding evidence to support her version of events, but she refused, Sedita said.“It’s a combination of lack of corroboration and lack of cooperation,” Sedita said.“All you have is the claim of the victim.”
Think about it...
Anonymous
#49627 Aug 17, 2012
Rumors wrote:
I know he goes to the Latin Mass and that would explain St. Anthony's, OLHC and St. Louis. There was a one time Latin Mass there last year. People who attend the Latin Mass generally go wherever it is held. He was at Corpus Christi for a while but I asked a parishioner if she had seen him and she said he hasn't been there all year. I heard that he got the money to go and study in Germany from a Jesuit priest who died a few years ago.
<quoted text>
Jesuits don't leave bequests when they die because they take a vow of poverty.
Anonymous
#49628 Aug 17, 2012
Question wrote:
Think about it...
He ruined his own reputation by his actions!
Anonymous
#49629 Aug 17, 2012
Not only did the diocese reach the decision on Secondo but the order did too. Why? Because he did something wrong and now he is hiding in Italy.
anonymous
#49630 Aug 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
He ruined his own reputation by his actions!
Her name has not been revealed because she is a victim and revealing her name would further victimize the woman. Her abuser admitted his crime. No one took away his passport.
Actually
#49631 Aug 17, 2012
Actually he has been living at the Provincial Residence on Staten Island. He came back from Italy months ago. Parishioners know this and have kept in touch with him.
Anonymous wrote:
Not only did the diocese reach the decision on Secondo but the order did too. Why? Because he did something wrong and now he is hiding in Italy.
Rumors
#49632 Aug 17, 2012
This Jesuit (wasn't an academic) established a scholarship which is in his name years before he died. He also had many friends in high places who donated to that fund. He was also known to have helped inner city parishioners in need and send kids of any income to high schools and colleges.
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesuits don't leave bequests when they die because they take a vow of poverty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 29 min USA R0CKS 2,367
News Hillary Clinton: Gay rights pioneer Edith Winds... Tue Ted Haggard s Mas... 23
News The Latest: US envoy calls for all nations to a... Sep 15 CodeTalker 3
News Hillary Clinton signs copies of new book at NYC... Sep 13 hc books amazon link 2
News Senator Schumer, Stop the Iran Deal (Aug '15) Sep 11 Boehner 2
News US commemorates 9/11; thousands expected at gro... Sep 11 Jeff Brightone 2
News victims to victory; Deshaun ellington; tia moor... (Aug '10) Sep 8 lakerad 3
More from around the web