Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62038 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49552 Aug 14, 2012
Adding to something I said earlier, I have met many clergy of the Episcopal and Lutheran churches who exhibited a much deeper acceptance of Catholic doctrine,than many Catholic priests.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49553 Aug 14, 2012
Question. How long will Malone's "honeymoon" last in the DOB? Will he ave to inaugurate JF&G II,more quickly than expected?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#49554 Aug 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry. Bishops rarely retain ther predecessors'secretaries. LiPuma will remain for a few months in a transitional role and then get a plum parish. Look at Williamson,Murphy (RIP),Popadick,etc. Give him a few months(six at the most) and LiPuma will be out in the wilderness. Slubecky will stay somewhat longer and also Regina.
Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, Kmiec kept LiPuma who was a carryover from Mansell and even allowed him to run the diocese. LiPuma is one nasty cowboy (remember Fr. Bartnik) and I think a lot of priests and lay people were looking forward to him being removed from the chancery but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49555 Aug 14, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, Kmiec kept LiPuma who was a carryover from Mansell and even allowed him to run the diocese. LiPuma is one nasty cowboy (remember Fr. Bartnik) and I think a lot of priests and lay people were looking forward to him being removed from the chancery but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
You may be right..infortunately. Yes,how strange and sad that people have forgotten about the Bartnik case.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49556 Aug 14, 2012
Whatever happened to Berg's infamous cottage in the Crystal Beach area?
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49557 Aug 14, 2012
Were the alleged financial irregularities at St. Teresa' in Sough Buffalo,that Fr. James Bartnik and Msgr. Voorhees exposed ever resolved?
Anonymous

United States

#49558 Aug 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry. Bishops rarely retain ther predecessors'secretaries. LiPuma will remain for a few months in a transitional role and then get a plum parish. Look at Williamson,Murphy (RIP),Popadick,etc. Give him a few months(six at the most) and LiPuma will be out in the wilderness. Slubecky will stay somewhat longer and also Regina.
Malone does not need a new secretary. Miceli will commute
with him, Portland to Buffalo and back. During Summer,
they will take a detour through Cape Cod.
Serious

Buffalo, NY

#49559 Aug 14, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone does not need a new secretary. Miceli will commute
with him, Portland to Buffalo and back. During Summer,
they will take a detour through Cape Cod.
You are really a sick 'priest' with these stupid comments.
Serious

Buffalo, NY

#49560 Aug 14, 2012
Is Mattulke and Orlowski going to have get together party after they settle in their close by parishes?Who is 'top' and who is 'bottom?'
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49561 Aug 14, 2012
Serious wrote:
<quoted text>You are really a sick 'priest' with these stupid comments.
Yes, I doubt that Miceli will be traveling to Buffalo. He has enough to do where he is. Might come for a friendly visit,but that's about it.
I Love People Now

East Quogue, NY

#49562 Aug 15, 2012
opps me bad
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#49563 Aug 15, 2012
What "retired" Monsignor once shared a dwelling with Berg in Lockport?
Information

Buffalo, NY

#49564 Aug 15, 2012
Msgr. Gerard Green died August 14, 2012.
I Love People Now

East Quogue, NY

#49565 Aug 15, 2012
sorry to hear that
Cape Cod

Buffalo, NY

#49566 Aug 15, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I doubt that Miceli will be traveling to Buffalo. He has enough to do where he is. Might come for a friendly visit,but that's about it.
Micelli was probably told to stay away so as not to raise eyebrows and verify his and Mallone's gay relationship. If there was nothing between them you would have expected him to be here last Friday.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#49567 Aug 15, 2012
Information wrote:
Msgr. Gerard Green died August 14, 2012.
Is he the one with the nickname "Grabber"? Anyone know how he got that nickname?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#49568 Aug 15, 2012
Is this thread filled with collar chasers? There are kids out of school. A little decorum would be nice. You all give yourselves a bad name with your B### S###. Have a nice evening.
Sort of but not really

Buffalo, NY

#49569 Aug 15, 2012
Look up Tokasz's article from June of last year "Settlement is reached in parish firing." St. Teresa's however is still open, alive and and well under their current pastor.
anonymous wrote:
Were the alleged financial irregularities at St. Teresa' in Sough Buffalo,that Fr. James Bartnik and Msgr. Voorhees exposed ever resolved?
Ditz

AOL

#49570 Aug 16, 2012
Good Morning,

Has anyone seen the picture of Brendon Young in procession, in Italy, with the priest who is not in communion with the Catholic Church?
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#49571 Aug 16, 2012
Sort of but not really wrote:
Look up Tokasz's article from June of last year "Settlement is reached in parish firing." St. Teresa's however is still open, alive and and well under their current pastor.
<quoted text>
Ever since this article the business administrator bought 10 or 12 houses. Do they think we're stupid? I saw in the Olean paper that he owns 100 acres there since this all happened. And he still works for the DOB at another parish. Fishy sounding? We know where our Catholic Charities money is going. Forget the poor and settle our dirty laundry. How much money settled all the abuse cases from priests?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 13 Times Russian Hackers Sabotaged Clinton's Pr... 35 min 2brosewilder 486
High Dose Vitamin C Obstructed for Cure of Snak... 4 hr wjabbe 2
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 5 hr Squach 890
News UPDATED: Outlets job fair draws huge crowds (Jun '13) 23 hr Newfoundland 3
HOMELESS? or UNDOCUMENTED? or ? COME TO SAN DIEGO! Thu USA-1 3
call congress and tell him are her if you disli... Feb 22 new party beats ... 2
News Gay groups seek to buy NYC church known for hat... (Feb '16) Feb 22 WasteWater 21
More from around the web