Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
47,881 - 47,900 of 58,541 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

Cathode Ray wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were getting your hair done at that time. It must have been hard to hear the TV with your head under a hair dryer.
LOL. If you must know, my hair appointment was for noon for a cut, perm and sun glitz. I didn't get home till 4 p.m., turned on EWTN and the installation was still going on. Guess I was just meant to hear Bishop Malone thank "his" secretary,Fr. LiPuma. It sure made my day -- NOT! How will I ever get LiPuma to stop tampering with my ecclesiastical mail? I'll never be able to get a letter to Bishop Malone!
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. If you must know, my hair appointment was for noon for a cut, perm and sun glitz. I didn't get home till 4 p.m., turned on EWTN and the installation was still going on. Guess I was just meant to hear Bishop Malone thank "his" secretary,Fr. LiPuma. It sure made my day -- NOT! How will I ever get LiPuma to stop tampering with my ecclesiastical mail? I'll never be able to get a letter to Bishop Malone!
Not to worry. Bishops rarely retain ther predecessors'secretaries. LiPuma will remain for a few months in a transitional role and then get a plum parish. Look at Williamson,Murphy (RIP),Popadick,etc. Give him a few months(six at the most) and LiPuma will be out in the wilderness. Slubecky will stay somewhat longer and also Regina.
Interesting

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Pope Benedict XVI’s former butler was indicted Monday (Aug. 13) by a Vatican judge on charges of stealing the pontiff’s private papers and leaking them to the press, a ruling that revealed for the first time that a second person was involved in a scandal that has been rocking the Vatican for months.
The so-called Vatileaks affair led to the publication of confidential documents revealing allegations of corruption, power struggles and personal rivalries behind the Vatican’s walls.
Paolo Gabriele, Pope Benedict’s personal assistant, was arrested by Vatican police on May 23 and will be tried for “aggravated theft,” according to the 20-page indictment by Vatican judge Piero Antonio Bonnet.
Gabriele, 45, was held in solitary confinement in a Vatican cell for almost two months before being granted house arrest.
Claudio Sciarpelletti, a computer expert working at the Vatican Secretariat of State, also was indicted for aiding and abetting Gabriele, but according to the Vatican chief spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, he only played a minor role and will probably incur a light sentence should he be convicted.
Gabriele, meanwhile, faces a six-year jail term, which could be lengthened to eight years should judges find one or more “aggravating factors.”
A raid at the butler’s Vatican apartment revealed he had amassed a large amount of papal documents, including a check made out to Pope Benedict for 100,000 euros ($123,000).
Both men will be tried by a court composed of three lay Vatican judges, who are also law professors at Italian universities. The earliest the trial would start would be late next month since the Vatican court is in recess until Sept. 20.
During the investigation, Gabriele told judges that he leaked the pope’s documents to journalist Gianluigi Nuzzi, who then published them in the best-selling book “Sua Santita”(”His Holiness”) with the aim of “bringing the church back on the right track” through a media “shock.”
He said he was convinced that “evil and corruption” were “everywhere” in the church and that the pope was not adequately informed.“In a certain sense, I felt as an infiltrator ... of the Holy Spirit,” he told prosecutors on June 5.
Two psychiatrists visited Gabriele on the Vatican’s behalf during the investigation. While they found the butler of sound mind and capable of standing trial, they also reported signs of paranoia and warned that he could be easily manipulated.
The indictment hints that Gabriele, besides copying confidential letters and memos from the pope’s personal office, might have also been receiving documents by other people inside the Vatican.
A sealed letter marked “Personal P. Gabriele” was found in Sciarpelletti’s desk at the Secretariat of State. According to Sciarpelletti himself, it had been given to him by an unnamed source, identified only as “W’’ in the indictment.
Vatican prosecutor Nicola Picardi stressed that his investigation was only “partially completed,” leaving the door open to further developments. A second, parallel investigation by an ad hoc cardinals’ commission created by Pope Benedict has completed its work but its findings are still unknown.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Adding to something I said earlier, I have met many clergy of the Episcopal and Lutheran churches who exhibited a much deeper acceptance of Catholic doctrine,than many Catholic priests.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Question. How long will Malone's "honeymoon" last in the DOB? Will he ave to inaugurate JF&G II,more quickly than expected?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry. Bishops rarely retain ther predecessors'secretaries. LiPuma will remain for a few months in a transitional role and then get a plum parish. Look at Williamson,Murphy (RIP),Popadick,etc. Give him a few months(six at the most) and LiPuma will be out in the wilderness. Slubecky will stay somewhat longer and also Regina.
Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, Kmiec kept LiPuma who was a carryover from Mansell and even allowed him to run the diocese. LiPuma is one nasty cowboy (remember Fr. Bartnik) and I think a lot of priests and lay people were looking forward to him being removed from the chancery but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, Kmiec kept LiPuma who was a carryover from Mansell and even allowed him to run the diocese. LiPuma is one nasty cowboy (remember Fr. Bartnik) and I think a lot of priests and lay people were looking forward to him being removed from the chancery but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
You may be right..infortunately. Yes,how strange and sad that people have forgotten about the Bartnik case.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Whatever happened to Berg's infamous cottage in the Crystal Beach area?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Were the alleged financial irregularities at St. Teresa' in Sough Buffalo,that Fr. James Bartnik and Msgr. Voorhees exposed ever resolved?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry. Bishops rarely retain ther predecessors'secretaries. LiPuma will remain for a few months in a transitional role and then get a plum parish. Look at Williamson,Murphy (RIP),Popadick,etc. Give him a few months(six at the most) and LiPuma will be out in the wilderness. Slubecky will stay somewhat longer and also Regina.
Malone does not need a new secretary. Miceli will commute
with him, Portland to Buffalo and back. During Summer,
they will take a detour through Cape Cod.
Serious

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone does not need a new secretary. Miceli will commute
with him, Portland to Buffalo and back. During Summer,
they will take a detour through Cape Cod.
You are really a sick 'priest' with these stupid comments.
Serious

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Is Mattulke and Orlowski going to have get together party after they settle in their close by parishes?Who is 'top' and who is 'bottom?'
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Serious wrote:
<quoted text>You are really a sick 'priest' with these stupid comments.
Yes, I doubt that Miceli will be traveling to Buffalo. He has enough to do where he is. Might come for a friendly visit,but that's about it.
I Love People Now

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

opps me bad
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

What "retired" Monsignor once shared a dwelling with Berg in Lockport?
Information

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Msgr. Gerard Green died August 14, 2012.
I Love People Now

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

sorry to hear that
Cape Cod

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I doubt that Miceli will be traveling to Buffalo. He has enough to do where he is. Might come for a friendly visit,but that's about it.
Micelli was probably told to stay away so as not to raise eyebrows and verify his and Mallone's gay relationship. If there was nothing between them you would have expected him to be here last Friday.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Information wrote:
Msgr. Gerard Green died August 14, 2012.
Is he the one with the nickname "Grabber"? Anyone know how he got that nickname?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Is this thread filled with collar chasers? There are kids out of school. A little decorum would be nice. You all give yourselves a bad name with your B### S###. Have a nice evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses develop new evangelism tactic 10 min How I See It 60
New York City Approves Controversial 'Poor Door... 5 hr Richard 3
To Fight Inequality, Blue States Need To Shift ... 15 hr UTB 1
NY agencies collecting more gender data 21 hr Marcavage s Emission 15
NYC mayor shrewdly crafts everyman political image Thu FL TAG RHH 308 6
Monday, July 21 Commentary Wed take TTC or train maybe 1
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
•••
•••