Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,322)

Showing posts 46,421 - 46,440 of57,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Kojak wrote:
Where does Slubecky get all of his money for gambling at the casions? He is a heavy hitter at the tables.
Another reason he won't begetting a mitre. His problems are too well known. Whitney gave him a free pass on a lot of issues. Yetter taught him all about gambling.
Kojak

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Diocese says they are broke and taking money from all the parishes ---- is the Diocese broke because they are covering up for Slubecky and others @ 795 Main Street.
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are certain ones allowed to have Mass and operate as a "parish", whereas others are not allowed. Why?
If the Federal Government succeeds in imposing its health ideology on the churches, there will be more mandates imposed on your church, regardless of whether it is called a "parish" or an "oratory". People have grudges about some other parish, or the DOB,or some other ethnic group, sometimes justified, but there is a larger wolf at the door here. The religious options for our children and grandchildren will be permanently affected by our actions, or inaction, in response the religious liberty issue.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Is the DOB going to join the mandate against HHS?
anonomous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Joe Maher from Opus Bono Sacerdotii has responded regarding Fr. Art Smith. Mr. Maher is aware of the issue regarding Fr. Art and looks forward to hearing from him and they are looking forward to helping him.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Is the Pastor or the organist Chinese at Corpus Christi?
I keep hearing different stories.
anonomous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

anonomous wrote:
Joe Maher from Opus Bono Sacerdotii has responded regarding Fr. Art Smith. Mr. Maher is aware of the issue regarding Fr. Art and looks forward to hearing from him and they are looking forward to helping him.
To clarify: Mr Maher would like a friend to pass that information along to Fr. Art Smith, now that he has been made aware.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Kojak wrote:
Diocese says they are broke and taking money from all the parishes ---- is the Diocese broke because they are covering up for Slubecky and others @ 795 Main Street.
It could be broke from lawyer fees or payouts in many different circumstances.Never see a DWI in the DOB.Never see an abuse settlement.Never see what embezzelment cost the DOB.
Questionn

Niagara Falls, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
Is the Pastor or the organist Chinese at Corpus Christi?
I keep hearing different stories.
What happened to this Woody fellow? Why is he gone all of a sudden?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>It could be broke from lawyer fees or payouts in many different circumstances.Never see a DWI in the DOB.Never see an abuse settlement.Never see what embezzelment cost the DOB.
Terrence Connors is probably the most expensive lawyer in the Buffalo area.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Does he have a child (out of wedlock)?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I wonder if "A" was accused by the DOB of having a secret when the secret was really "B"'s. Rather than to reveal "B"'s secret, "A" obeyed the DOB's order perhaps not realizing what horrendous results would come of it.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anon wrote:
I wonder if "A" was accused by the DOB of having a secret when the secret was really "B"'s. Rather than to reveal "B"'s secret, "A" obeyed the DOB's order perhaps not realizing what horrendous results would come of it.
If this is correct, can you tell me how B feels about what he did? How he feels about what A did for him? How he feels about the final 'results' of what A did for him? Does B's family know what he did?
I see/saw no remorse for what B did (how could I?), but after some thought, if this is the true picture, I stand behind what I said yesterday regarding A, if it was a DOB order (regardless of WHO was guilty).
I only know one thing (personally) about B so my original opinion of him, added to this NEW information (if I am correct about it) leads me to believe that A should garner advice before he 'befriends' anyone else. But you can't blame A for that, just for what he does in the future.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anon wrote:
Who is "A" and who is "B"?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
Does he have a child (out of wedlock)?
Does "who" have an illegitimate child?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>If this is correct, can you tell me how B feels about what he did? How he feels about what A did for him? How he feels about the final 'results' of what A did for him? Does B's family know what he did?
I see/saw no remorse for what B did (how could I?), but after some thought, if this is the true picture, I stand behind what I said yesterday regarding A, if it was a DOB order (regardless of WHO was guilty).
I only know one thing (personally) about B so my original opinion of him, added to this NEW information (if I am correct about it) leads me to believe that A should garner advice before he 'befriends' anyone else. But you can't blame A for that, just for what he does in the future.
But, what about the other B? He is the father?
Who does the baby resemble?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Questionn wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to this Woody fellow? Why is he gone all of a sudden?
We, the Polish of this Church had something to say about having a Polish organista.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
But, what about the other B? He is the father?
Who does the baby resemble?
who is 'the other B'?
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I wonder if the Pauline's (when Fr. Anselm was in charge) were ordered by the DOB to put surveillance equipment into SJG and the friend/employee/woman's house? I wonder if Fr. Anselm was told that if they didn't comply, the DOB would destroy him and say that he fathered that child? I wonder if Fr. Anselm, not the father himself, knew who the father is/was but was not at liberty (confessional?) to divulge who the father is/was and could not defend himself so followed DOB orders? I wonder if Fr. Anselm is beside himself because of the results of that surveillance (regarding the continuing horrific sexual abuse of the friend/employee/woman....as it has been years of this abuse by now) and additional reasons. I wonder if the father of the child is the former organist or the other priest who was there when Fr. Anselm was there? I wonder if Fr. Anselm knows that the friend/employee/woman has forgiven him if he was under the order of the DOB and the seal of the confessional, regardless of who is the father of that child?
The Real Thing

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
From Hartford. Archbishop Mansell was stunned to learn that 3 of the 7 deacons he intended to ordain did not turn up for their ordination. The three,all with Spanish surnames,asked that their ordination be delayed. Weird.
Source?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,421 - 46,440 of57,921
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••