Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,321)

Showing posts 46,401 - 46,420 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Closing the school. No, some of my sources are saying this is not the reason. No one is quite sure what is going on with Art Smith.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

For those of those concerned about the issue of priests being falsely accused, there is an feature article on the website, "Spirit Daily".
Gays

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

A new gay pastor was appointed at SS.Peter&Paul in Hamburg. One follows another! Good succession!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Few would believe the power they have in this city and county.
Why are they allowed so much power? Who actually runs the show at 795?
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

anonymous wrote:
Liberal Protestant denominations are shrinking rapidly. Some churches are a clone of the secular culture, nothing is absolutely true or false, right or wrong, but everything's relative. Some people respond by joining Catholic or evangelical churches, which still have fixed doctrines, emphasizing truth. Others respond by drifiting away from Christianity altogether. The older generation may still get dressed up on Sunday, to see their friends, appreciate the music and "culture". The younger generation says why bother?
It's not only liberal Protestant churches shrinking, many religious orders too. The Vatican is evaluating Sisters' orders that have had over 95% decline in vocations. The LCWR claims this is not a problem, but most laity would say it is a problem. The liberal religious orders are following the secular media, and supporting the government, with no doctrine, no conversion, no real emphasis on God. Young women are not joining these communities, but are joining other communities, that emphasize doctrine, conversion, and Catholic Social Teaching, rather than the secular Peace and Justice movement. There are no articles in the Buffalo News about those communities that are growing.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

anonymous wrote:
Rumor going around the parish says that DOB is trying to pressure Art Smith to resign or close the church and that he has been sent to rehablitation center for "insubordination". Any conformation?
Bingo! think resign!
Andy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

SNAP, CRACKLE,POP!!!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they allowed so much power? Who actually runs the show at 795?
There are as many who need to keep secrets in politics as those who need to keep secrets in the church.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Question wrote:
Is Bruce Woody still at Corpus Christie. I see they have a new part time organist listed on their FaceBook feed. Is it to work with him or is he gone?
Who cares, they are selling buildings. The place will close.
I heard the Paulinies are leaving and giving the Church back to the friends of Corpus Christi.
They should have kept Fr. Simon and that tall secretary that ran away with Fr. chalupkta.
Do they really have a love child? I thought she was scary looking. She always scared my kids, and we are not Polish so that can't be the reason.
When we were there last time the organist was from Japan or one of those Made in China places like Hong Kong.
Sio-nara
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares, they are selling buildings. The place will close.
I heard the Paulinies are leaving and giving the Church back to the friends of Corpus Christi.
They should have kept Fr. Simon and that tall secretary that ran away with Fr. chalupkta.
Do they really have a love child? I thought she was scary looking. She always scared my kids, and we are not Polish so that can't be the reason.
When we were there last time the organist was from Japan or one of those Made in China places like Hong Kong.
Sio-nara
Sooner or later,the Paulines will be leaving. The Fransiscans pulled out a long time ago. I don't know if anyone would take it now. The whole place may have to be closed. The Paulines do not enjoy the best of reputations either here or in Poland.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

hey, I just had a thought. Make Eddie Grosz the pastor of Corpus Christi,or Krysa. Maybe Bagienski?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
hey, I just had a thought. Make Eddie Grosz the pastor of Corpus Christi,or Krysa. Maybe Bagienski?
Maybe kRysa because he is at an oratory now and there can't be much going on there. He should have time with such a quiet place. It must be just as quiet there as St. Adalberts it is an oratory also.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe kRysa because he is at an oratory now and there can't be much going on there. He should have time with such a quiet place. It must be just as quiet there as St. Adalberts it is an oratory also.
HELLO, everyone knows some Oratories are punished..........not even allowed weekly Mass on Sunday.
Oooooops some are allowed Mass on Sunday. Oh well, nothing new in the DOB.
What a joke!!
A friend said this am that Fr. Anzelm has asked for transfer to Poland to escape his secret family here in Buffalo.
More bad news and embarrassment for CC.
Anonymous

Clarence, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
HELLO, everyone knows some Oratories are punished..........not even allowed weekly Mass on Sunday.
Oooooops some are allowed Mass on Sunday. Oh well, nothing new in the DOB.
What a joke!!
A friend said this am that Fr. Anzelm has asked for transfer to Poland to escape his secret family here in Buffalo.
More bad news and embarrassment for CC.
Why are certain ones allowed to have Mass and operate as a "parish", whereas others are not allowed. Why?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are certain ones allowed to have Mass and operate as a "parish", whereas others are not allowed. Why?
The bishops's "discretion".
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

From Hartford. Archbishop Mansell was stunned to learn that 3 of the 7 deacons he intended to ordain did not turn up for their ordination. The three,all with Spanish surnames,asked that their ordination be delayed. Weird.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Bishops Wingle,formerly of St. Catherine's,and implicated in a sex abuse cover-up,turned up in Maontreal. He resigned and dissappeared. He is to be served with legal papers.
anonymous

Hamburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Anyone know anything about Father Arthur Matulke and Fr. Patrick O'Keefe? Matulke is now the Pastor at SS Peter and Paul in Hamburg and O'Keefe is Parochial Vicar.
Jessie Stone

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

yes one makes wedding cakes and the other wears the wedding dress
Kojak

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Where does Slubecky get all of his money for gambling at the casions? He is a heavy hitter at the tables.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 46,401 - 46,420 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••