Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59719 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47901 May 7, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Agree about the priests, Esp,in Poland ,most people don't trust them. The Paulines have been involved in quite a few intrigues, money-laundering,wiretapsetc.
Not to speak of bearing children like Fr. Chalupka. Is he really in Poland on vacation, or on Hagen street with girlfriend and daughter.
Come on already! I even saw the cute one yesterday at coffee Sunday. Polish Mass was horrible!
Should have just gone to St. Stan's.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47902 May 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to speak of bearing children like Fr. Chalupka. Is he really in Poland on vacation, or on Hagen street with girlfriend and daughter.
Come on already! I even saw the cute one yesterday at coffee Sunday. Polish Mass was horrible!
Should have just gone to St. Stan's.
I actually went to the PNC (Polish National Catholic) church in Lancaster this past Sunday. I was invited by a friend. What a nice place. Nice people, very friendly. Nice Bishop.
And from what I hear, all the money collected, stays in that church. They don't have to a "mandatory" donation to any diocese.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#47903 May 7, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure that messing with ANY nun is a good idea.(especially the teaching ones)
P.S. do you have a site for that quote?
It's from the keynote address, 2007 Assembly. I found it on the site by the Press-Republican newspaper, but I've seen it other places.

But check also the site of the Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious. These sisters, denounced by "inclusive" LCWR as a "splinter group", are getting almost all the new vocations nowadays in their communities. Young women are voting with their feet. If you want to see the future of religious orders, it's here. They are prolife. Research what LCWR says on abortion.
The Real Thing

Buffalo, NY

#47904 May 8, 2012
CC Update wrote:
Let's see...$8.8 million pledged of the $10.6 million goal. That's 83% of your goal. The "drive that never failed" has become the drive that doesn't have a chance. The antics of Destructo, Fast Eddie, Pepe Le Puma, Sloshbecky et al have cost the DOB their most prized possession-MONEY! The faithful of the Diocese have again seen through the smoke and mirrors of these guys and hit them where it hurts most-the pocketbook, cigar himidor, liquor cabinet and restaurant receipts. Don't worry though, Fast Eddie reassures CC, "IT BODES WELL FOR THE FUTURE AND COMPLETION OF THE APPEAL". Hey pal, the SS DOB hit an iceberg about an hour (really 4 years ) ago, and there's water swamping the bow of the ship, the band is playing "Nearer My God To Thee" and there aren't enough lifeboats. The Journey of Faith and Disgrace looks like a real great plan just about now doesn't it 795? And the shame of it, the people who really need Cathoic Charities are the one's being hurt.
The Catholic Charities Appeal stands at $9,627,334.84, 90.8% of its $10.6 million goal.
Kodak Moment

Buffalo, NY

#47905 May 8, 2012
Kodak Moment in this morning's Niagara Gazette for the pastor of "Divine Family" in NF!
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47906 May 8, 2012
Will wonders never cease! Former DOB priest James Spielman has just completed a book on the history of some Catholic parishes in Hawaii. Some one should tell the local bishop (Silva) to take a look at bishopaccountability.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47907 May 8, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually went to the PNC (Polish National Catholic) church in Lancaster this past Sunday. I was invited by a friend. What a nice place. Nice people, very friendly. Nice Bishop.
And from what I hear, all the money collected, stays in that church. They don't have to a "mandatory" donation to any diocese.
I am not surprized at all that you had a wonderful time at Holy Rosary. Their people and bishops have always been nice to me. I especially remember practicing my Polish with their late bishop Taddeuz Zielinski. Even though,there is a degree over communion bwtween the RC and PNCC,there are still some problems of contraception and divorce. Also, I don't think the PNCC has any relgious communities, such as the Felicians,OFM Conv, or the Paulines. such foundations would contribute to the long term viability of the PNCC.
anonimous

United States

#47908 May 8, 2012
Today, the Washington Post has a full page advertisement inviting Catholics to leave their Church and join that of "Free Opinion." The usual medly of hogwash propined to the masses.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47909 May 8, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I am not surprized at all that you had a wonderful time at Holy Rosary. Their people and bishops have always been nice to me. I especially remember practicing my Polish with their late bishop Taddeuz Zielinski. Even though,there is a degree over communion bwtween the RC and PNCC,there are still some problems of contraception and divorce. Also, I don't think the PNCC has any relgious communities, such as the Felicians,OFM Conv, or the Paulines. such foundations would contribute to the long term viability of the PNCC.
Perhaps some of the "pruned branches" or "lost sheep" should give the PNCC a try (that's if they haven't lost their faith by what the DOB did to them). The mass really is not much different than the RC mass. In fact, most of the prayers are the same. And if you like bingo, they have that. They have festivals, devotions, fish fries, Dozynki (the Polish Harvest Festival), concerts, youth & family events, and also a lot of Polish customs which have been "cut-out" by the DOB's JFG in the closing of many of the Polish parishes in WNY.

By no means am I trying to sell the PNCC to anyone, but for those who have lost their way, don't know where to turn, yet would still like to continue with their faith, this may be the place for them.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47910 May 8, 2012
Polish National Catholic Church website:
http://www.hmrcncc.org/

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#47911 May 8, 2012
The Real Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Charities Appeal stands at $9,627,334.84, 90.8% of its $10.6 million goal.
I gave 'em the shirt off me back and they wanted my drawers.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#47912 May 8, 2012
3 percent of sisters belong to the LCWR, but the media is giving their group enormous attention, to distract people from the religious freedom issue.
The media isn't in favor of convents, of course, they will use any hammer they can to bash the Church. They would promote ANY Catholic group as long as it supports legal abortion. If the LCWR reversed direction and supported prolife, the media would ignore them, just as they ignore other prolife groups, including sisters.
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#47913 May 9, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps some of the "pruned branches" or "lost sheep" should give the PNCC a try (that's if they haven't lost their faith by what the DOB did to them). The mass really is not much different than the RC mass. In fact, most of the prayers are the same. And if you like bingo, they have that. They have festivals, devotions, fish fries, Dozynki (the Polish Harvest Festival), concerts, youth & family events, and also a lot of Polish customs which have been "cut-out" by the DOB's JFG in the closing of many of the Polish parishes in WNY.
By no means am I trying to sell the PNCC to anyone, but for those who have lost their way, don't know where to turn, yet would still like to continue with their faith, this may be the place for them.
I have watched this particular discussion with interest. Before I make my point, I would like to say I fully understand that people may have become disillusioned and may even not want to attend Mass at a place that has disenfranchised them or worse. However, having said that, Faith is Faith. No priest,bishop,pope,nun,etc. can actually make one lose their faith. I submit that the difficulties surface when people confuse faith with an affection with a certain church or the people who run it. Just a thought.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47914 May 9, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched this particular discussion with interest. Before I make my point, I would like to say I fully understand that people may have become disillusioned and may even not want to attend Mass at a place that has disenfranchised them or worse. However, having said that, Faith is Faith. No priest,bishop,pope,nun,etc. can actually make one lose their faith. I submit that the difficulties surface when people confuse faith with an affection with a certain church or the people who run it. Just a thought.
and a good thought at that,too.
The Real Thing

Buffalo, NY

#47915 May 9, 2012
anonymous wrote:
3 percent of sisters belong to the LCWR, but the media is giving their group enormous attention, to distract people from the religious freedom issue.
The media isn't in favor of convents, of course, they will use any hammer they can to bash the Church. They would promote ANY Catholic group as long as it supports legal abortion. If the LCWR reversed direction and supported prolife, the media would ignore them, just as they ignore other prolife groups, including sisters.
LCWR has 1,500 members representing 80% of the 57,000 women religious in the US.
anon

Bloomfield, NJ

#47916 May 9, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched this particular discussion with interest. Before I make my point, I would like to say I fully understand that people may have become disillusioned and may even not want to attend Mass at a place that has disenfranchised them or worse. However, having said that, Faith is Faith. No priest,bishop,pope,nun,etc. can actually make one lose their faith. I submit that the difficulties surface when people confuse faith with an affection with a certain church or the people who run it. Just a thought.
Excellent point!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47918 May 9, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched this particular discussion with interest. Before I make my point, I would like to say I fully understand that people may have become disillusioned and may even not want to attend Mass at a place that has disenfranchised them or worse. However, having said that, Faith is Faith. No priest,bishop,pope,nun,etc. can actually make one lose their faith. I submit that the difficulties surface when people confuse faith with an affection with a certain church or the people who run it. Just a thought.
It's true - a priest cannot make one lose their faith. But believe me, certain ones can make it very easy to question one's faith. After going through lies, manipulation, being treated like dirt, "pruned" (the famous word here on the blogs), etc., etc, during JF&G, it has been very difficult to try to "come back to the fold".
PNC

Buffalo, NY

#47919 May 9, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually went to the PNC (Polish National Catholic) church in Lancaster this past Sunday. I was invited by a friend. What a nice place. Nice people, very friendly. Nice Bishop.
And from what I hear, all the money collected, stays in that church. They don't have to a "mandatory" donation to any diocese.
You are welcome anytime to attend mass and/or join our Church. You are correct, all money is maintained in the Church.
I wonder

Buffalo, NY

#47920 May 9, 2012
TV cameras in the rectories? Will they catch the forked tongues of disgruntled and rejected women?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47921 May 9, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
However, having said that, Faith is Faith. No priest,bishop,pope,nun,etc. can actually make one lose their faith. I submit that the difficulties surface when people confuse faith with an affection with a certain church or the people who run it. Just a thought.
You are absolutely correct!
The only reason people HAVE faith in something anyway, is because they have no absolute proof that that something truly exists. If they did have proof, they wouldn't need faith, would they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carly Fiorina and a Taleof Two Magazine Covers 1 hr Tazo 1
News AIDS data: Blacks hit hardest - AM New York (Mar '07) 14 hr Christine 10
News WTC observatory opens to public 18 hr Just Saying 4
News The Never-Ending List Of 2016 Presidential Cand... 20 hr OId Sailor 1
About a poem Colon el Follon by luis Echecopar ... Mon Luis Echecopar Pe... 4
News Poll: Hillary Clinton most admired woman Mon Billy Ringo 1,128
News No scandal too far-fetched for Bill and Hillary... Sun kuda 12
More from around the web