Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Mary of Magdala

Lockport, NY

#47818 Apr 29, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Eliminator" from CC was sighted at the German Mass last week, is he a spy for the DOB? He has done much damage at CC. Why Would he want to hurt St. Ann,s?
Sadly, I may know. When I saw the news report tonight, I almost fainted when I saw who the priest was. They think they are throwing out what they consider the trash. Very,very sad.
Legal

Niagara Falls, Canada

#47819 Apr 29, 2012
Simple wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are the former organist, you need to tell us where did the three rapes happen and who were they?
Wouldn't the prosecuting attorney be able to answer that?
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#47820 Apr 29, 2012
The Leadership Conference of Women Religious is currently demanding that the Vatican continue to give them the Vatican's recognition. The Vatican is likely to deny them official recognition, partly because of LCWR's support of NETWORK, which supports legal abortion. Locally, St. Joseph University Parish promotes NETWORK. Are there any other parishes hostile to prolife like this?
Bishop Kmiec approves of the prolife movement. But many of the new bishops are, themselves, prolifers. If the new bishop of Buffalo is a prolifer, look for the DOB to raise the standard for parishes on abortion. St. Joseph is probably the ideal parish from the view of many in the chancery, and the Buffalo News, but the DOB will change.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47821 Apr 30, 2012
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I may know. When I saw the news report tonight, I almost fainted when I saw who the priest was. They think they are throwing out what they consider the trash. Very,very sad.
Standard Operatng Procedure for the SOBs from the DOB! They like to surprise people by waiting until the last minute so that nobody can mount a counter-offensive. It has made Fast Eddie and Sister Destructo's weekend. Oh and by the way, everybody give more to the Catholio Charities Appeal. What do you mean you don't have a parish? Just mail it in.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47822 Apr 30, 2012
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this is why CC is taking a nose dive. They just eliminate the people they think are trash. It does not matter if you are a volunteer, an employee, or just a regular Church member. If they do not like you, or if you just are not Polish enough, out you go. They push you out even when Jesus is calling you there. My husband and I have seen it time and time again, and we will not return. Who is in charge there? I don't think it is Jesus. Very, very sad.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47823 Apr 30, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Standard Operatng Procedure for the SOBs from the DOB! They like to surprise people by waiting until the last minute so that nobody can mount a counter-offensive. It has made Fast Eddie and Sister Destructo's weekend. Oh and by the way, everybody give more to the Catholio Charities Appeal. What do you mean you don't have a parish? Just mail it in.
Don't give anything to CC. Teach them a good lesson.
Miracle Worker

Buffalo, NY

#47824 Apr 30, 2012
All St. Ann's needs is Dunkirk Dupa to stand at the curb in front of the church and raise her hands to heaven and all the stone work will be miraculously repaired. Then the AmPol and all the East Side activists will have further credence to claim that St. Ann's has some Polish American relevance and further reason to believe that JFG is anti Polish American.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47825 Apr 30, 2012
Miracle Worker wrote:
All St. Ann's needs is Dunkirk Dupa to stand at the curb in front of the church and raise her hands to heaven and all the stone work will be miraculously repaired. Then the AmPol and all the East Side activists will have further credence to claim that St. Ann's has some Polish American relevance and further reason to believe that JFG is anti Polish American.
Polish Prince Seraphin was there, Is that what caused it's demise? The D connection should handle him.
And, actually I like what she has to say. In her own way she has worked miracles. Maybe she could come to help St. Ann's. It is sad to see what has become of my family Church.
Duh

Buffalo, NY

#47826 Apr 30, 2012
He sits at the right hand of Kmiec and smirks on command.
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with Slubecky? He always seemed OK to me.
Obispos

Buffalo, NY

#47827 Apr 30, 2012
A larger "talent pool" of priests to choose bishops from? "Alien" priests are not welcome
in many USA dioceses. Twenty years ago, the National Council of Priests' Senates admitted that the issue of ethnicity always comes up at the nomination of a new bishop. How many foreign-born bishops are there in this country and how many foreign Catholics? "No Strangers In The Church". Perhaps.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47828 Apr 30, 2012
Tell My beloved children to fast and pray for your country. It is in dire straits. There are so many plots being planned to bring down your economy and other things to devastate your county and the people living in the country. You have to be aware of these things My dear children since it wonít be long before this all happens. There are radical groups throughout the country who will all be told when they should start their tactics. It wonít be safe for anyone in the downtown areas of their cities. There will be roving gangs instigated by these radicals to start destroying property and anyone who tries to stop them. I know this all sounds hard to believe My dear ones, but this has been in the planning stage for a very long time. Stay in prayer with your families. My little ones, this is just the beginning of what you have been warned about. Only a miracle will save your country. This is why it is so important to have a good moral leader who can rally forces to stop these revolutionaries out to destroy your country. Now you know why you have been told to pray, fast, and make extra sacrifices for your country. My dear ones, as bad as all this sounds you can still overcome your feelings of fear by staying focused on the Lord and staying in prayer. These things wonít last a long time, so donít lose hope for the future. Once your country is back in the hands of God fearing men things will gradually get back to normal. Remember, My precious children, you are all being prayed for and watched over by all of Heaven.
Also

Los Angeles, CA

#47830 Apr 30, 2012
Legal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the prosecuting attorney be able to answer that?
This could be the altar server someone from the diocese one of the accusers. Dont put all your eggs on one basket.
Oracle

Buffalo, NY

#47831 Apr 30, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Polish Prince Seraphin was there, Is that what caused it's demise? The D connection should handle him.
And, actually I like what she has to say. In her own way she has worked miracles. Maybe she could come to help St. Ann's. It is sad to see what has become of my family Church.
Dunkirk is such a nice lady and so supportive of all the clergy. For what she has to say I would certainly call her a prophetess. She has a message, perhaps she is another Faustina Kowalska. Maybe Dziwisz will start her on the road to sainthood while she is still alive. Bialkowski could be the advocate of her cause.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47832 Apr 30, 2012
Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>Dunkirk is such a nice lady and so supportive of all the clergy. For what she has to say I would certainly call her a prophetess. She has a message, perhaps she is another Faustina Kowalska. Maybe Dziwisz will start her on the road to sainthood while she is still alive. Bialkowski could be the advocate of her cause.
She says it HOW IT IS!!
The Dunkirk Connection

Westfield, NY

#47833 Apr 30, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
She says it HOW IT IS!!
You got that right. And I sure have my share of detractors because of it.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47834 May 1, 2012
Jesuits have left St. Ann's. When will they leave St. Michael's
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#47835 May 1, 2012
Next bishop in September? It's already May 1st and still no replacement for EUK. Rome will shut down at the end of June after the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. Unless things speed up dramatically,we may have to wait till September or later to find out who will be our next shepherd. The Vatican has been dragging its feet ion these matters and apparently no onr wants to shuffle off to Buffalo. Don't worry,more of the same. More parish closings and the shut down of SJV/CTK. Regina,get your clipboard out.
Mary of Magdala

Lockport, NY

#47836 May 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Jesuits have left St. Ann's. When will they leave St. Michael's
I am not sure they can unless they start using the college chapel
for the high school. Then again, anything is possible around here.
code red 1

AOL

#47837 May 1, 2012
Why is Father Joe Gullo in the hospital? Is it true he had a stroke?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#47838 May 1, 2012
Is it true Corpus Christi is starting a "Friends of St. Ann's" Group ?
I hope not!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 1 hr Robert Burns 16,790
White mayor, black wife: NYC shatters an image (Nov '13) 3 hr Phoenix Ascended 133
Hillary Clinton Discusses 9/11 Health Act at La... Thu Obama Bad 13
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY Wed take my picture 109
The Musket Room's Matt Lambert Explains New Zea... Sep 17 Church Mowree 1
Smokers in NYC increase to 1 million Sep 16 smokers R sooo st... 4
Why do LIBERALS always BLAME WHITE MEN for what... Sep 14 GOLDSTONE REPORT 2
•••

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••