Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 63338 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#46656 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
These two priests at CC seem stable, unlike the last two.
The next two unstable characters that need to leave CC are Bruce Woody and the altar boy who lives with him, not his own parents.
anon

United States

#46657 Feb 19, 2012
Jealousy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you envious of his sexcapades??? Let his have sone fun!
FUN? Do any of you believe in HEAVEN AND HELL?
Do you think God is a joke? He's a priest for pete's sake! My guess is that most of you on this blog are priests. Do you believe what you profess or did you become priests just to be taken care of by your parishioners, live the good life and have fun and escapades. You are mocking God and His teachings on Eternity. You choose your own eternal destiny. Look where you are choosing to go. Satan is directing your lives and he will be happy to receive you at your death. Please choose wisely.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#46658 Feb 19, 2012
Catholic Directory wrote:
In 2011, St Mary of the Cataract posted 1,425 families. However, in 2012 Catholic Directory says that the same parish has only 550 families. What happened with 875 families since Fr. Burzynski left and Fr. Mazur took over the parish? Where did they go???
Looks like people were not impressed with their new leader and moved elsewhere. The best attended Mass was the Sat. 4:00 p.m. which Mazur changed to 5:30 p.m. People were not happy with this change. I guess 875 familes were not happy!!
Reality

Buffalo, NY

#46659 Feb 19, 2012
anon wrote:
I believe I have had an epiphany! I need to go back over the last six years and try to recall anything negative that I heard or read or was lead to believe about anyone here and rethink it....was it true or not? I believe it was probably not true or if it was actually true, what precipitated it? Everything, I now believe, was 'told' in order to put somebody in a bad light and that is a shame...so much destruction! Such hatred and jealousy! How will we ever recover? I believe we will. I must admit that I had my doubts about EVERYTHING I heard about anyone on here and was deeply upset that people were scandalized in such a way. Certainly not Christian, not the Catholic way!
I will take credit for doubting anything I read. It didn't make sense to me and it didn't make sense to me that it would be exposed, true or not. That is what kept me coming back day after day and I think that is probably what kept all of you coming back day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute. We were all waiting for the 'punchline'. Well, I think we heard the punchline in the last few days and contrary to what I thought about this site, I am glad that we all stayed tuned or we would never have realized the truth. It's an ill wind indeed that doesn't blow some good.
You seem to have it all figured out. The benefactress has been incarcerated and can do no harm, I think. However, some say that from her prison cell she has an unyielding influence upon the new leader that no one likes - especially the hair.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#46660 Feb 19, 2012
To me, it is amazing how accurate this website has been. Diocesan news breaks on this webpage before most Diocesan people know it. That is why the Chancery keeps such a close tab on it. That is why the Chancery tried to skuttle the chatter in the early days by infiltrating the website. That is why they still monitor this webpage, they want to know what the people are thinking as opposed to what the parish staff tells them politically. And then there are some priests that just love to gossip and tear down their competition.
Comparison

Niagara Falls, NY

#46661 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like people were not impressed with their new leader and moved elsewhere. The best attended Mass was the Sat. 4:00 p.m. which Mazur changed to 5:30 p.m. People were not happy with this change. I guess 875 familes were not happy!!
OK Ivan we get that you detest Mazur. What do your stats look like? Equally as important what do your parishioners and neighbors have to say about your performance?
Wrong

Buffalo, NY

#46662 Feb 19, 2012
Comparison wrote:
<quoted text>OK Ivan we get that you detest Mazur. What do your stats look like? Equally as important what do your parishioners and neighbors have to say about your performance?
The post was my post, not the person you are referring to in your post. I am the "Anonymous." A am a layperson. Are you grabbing the last straw before your ship sinks?
Levitation

Buffalo, NY

#46663 Feb 19, 2012
Comparison wrote:
<quoted text>OK Ivan we get that you detest Mazur. What do your stats look like? Equally as important what do your parishioners and neighbors have to say about your performance?
Everybody is waiting for the Levitating Monsignor to come out of the sky from his retirement home in South Buffalo. He can give the 'most accurate assessment on every priest in the diocese.' Wait for your turn!
Levitation

Buffalo, NY

#46664 Feb 19, 2012
Any comments from the Levitating Monsignor about the Mardi Gras festivities hosted by Corbin and Glassmire??? Are they going to be more 'popular' than your protege who purchased your 'hut' on the lake? Bring them down!!!
Levitation

Buffalo, NY

#46665 Feb 19, 2012
Are you going to levitate above the ashes or inside the ashes on Ash Wednesday? Let's see how high you can levitate, and fow how long!?
Levitation

Buffalo, NY

#46666 Feb 19, 2012
Are you an assigned defender of your 'special poodle' in the Falls. Can't he defend himself? Let him face the 'enemies!'
Levitation

Buffalo, NY

#46667 Feb 19, 2012
I am surprised you were not in Rome yesterday! What happened? New cardinals!
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46668 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
To me, it is amazing how accurate this website has been. Diocesan news breaks on this webpage before most Diocesan people know it. That is why the Chancery keeps such a close tab on it. That is why the Chancery tried to skuttle the chatter in the early days by infiltrating the website. That is why they still monitor this webpage, they want to know what the people are thinking as opposed to what the parish staff tells them politically. And then there are some priests that just love to gossip and tear down their competition.
Look it who is talking? You gossiper!
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46669 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, just like Chalupka who has fathered a child, and lives a double life.
He comes to Buffalo for some dedication, and EVERYONe knows he a Phoney.
Everyone had such admiration for him, and now his sexcapades show his true colors.
Who else has he been sleeping with. Wake up Catholics!
Men are pigs!
Who is this Chalupka?
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46670 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Its quite obvious that PhD is a big liar. As an only child he has this need to make himself look better than everyone else - however in reality most people are not fooled, except for Kmiec. Even Grosz one time told someone that PhD can't be trusted and Grosz is not the brightest guy, but he's not stupid.
He never uttered a lie! Father PhD???
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46671 Feb 19, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I believe if that was in fact true, we would see some real evidence of it perhaps on the front page of tomorrows paper. Until then you can 'beLIEve' what you want to believe and I will believe what I see right before my very eyes, day in and day out. I believe that noone but the old leader could 'force' his underlings....I believe that is the way that particular P R O M I S E goes but I/we have actual evidence that supports my beliefs and of course the old leader has to save face as they say....I just wonder if he can save both of them. I doubt that he can, of course that is just my opinion.
You might want to beLIEve that we would believe it is a case of the old leader fiddling while Rome burned but I find with all of the facts I/we have it will be proven that my beliefs are to be believed. And then to add insult to injury the old leader might come out looking like a liar on top of everything else that was ordered to be done. Of course, that is just my opinion for what it is worth.
If you know the old leader perhaps you can give him my undying love and devotion for all of his many kindnesses he has bestowed on me in the last six years but particularly the last 18 months. It certainly opened my eyes.
Your eyes are 'always open' in order to criticise other priests.
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46672 Feb 19, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
But it sounds like you attend the events there too. How else would you you know what goes on? Just like you are gossiping here. So people in the parish are having fun at their property which includes a bowling alley. That club has existed for many, many years. They are trying to revive it. If you want a booze club, why don't you go to the parties that organist Bruce Woody hosted for select people of the parish with alcohol and gossip. Wydmanski made his own alcohol with Bruce. We know how that all turned out.
What happened to Wydmanski? Where is he now?
Sacerdos

Buffalo, NY

#46673 Feb 19, 2012
catholic girl wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Father Poblocki about her stalking, she is so quick to bad mouth him, but she never addresses the fact that he had to get a restraining order against her ! Weirdo!
Fr. Poblocki is very nice and dedicated priest in our diocese. Some are envious!
Comparison

Niagara Falls, NY

#46674 Feb 19, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>The post was my post, not the person you are referring to in your post. I am the "Anonymous." A am a layperson. Are you grabbing the last straw before your ship sinks?
What's your beef with Mazur & Fr. Len? Ivan's is legendary.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#46675 Feb 19, 2012
Is Krysa doing anything about the discrepencies?

Has the usher been removed?

Why has the collection dropped?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton: Free press is under 'open assault' in ... 1 hr inbred Genius 63
News ICE arrests 225 immigrants in New York during '... 4 hr Vorenus 13
News Golisano acquiring high-speed internet provider... 17 hr Isaiah 8
News Male abuse victims seek place Mon Its reality 1
News Neighbours launch legal battle against Mount Pl... Apr 22 Dyin 2 get in 1
News Court orders Raniere to pay $444,000 in legal fees Apr 22 Moses Keatenbaum ODA 2
News Michelle Malkin: Return of the Feckless Chick-F... Apr 21 Tre H 9