Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62737 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Happy Guys

Buffalo, NY

#46133 Feb 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
AP's obituary on Cardinal Bevilacqua notes the his policy of weeding out gay seminarians was regraded as rare. What does that say about the DOB and SJV/CTK, where even some of the Seminary professors and diocesan administrators are known to be gay. No wonder, the DOB has so few seminarians.
Is Bob Yetter still trying to 'win' the 'young stud' from the Falls by paying him special dinners? Any luck?
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#46134 Feb 1, 2012
Hey,guys,it's going to take a lot more than Yetter getting his special friend. The number of seminarians a diocese has is usually a good indicator of the morale of the diocese. Judging by the DOB numbers, morale is almost moribund. Let's see if the next bishop can improve the situation. ( I doubt that he can.) (Also, leave Yetter alone. I don't know or care about his personal life, but he has done a good job in his current parish.)
Life

Buffalo, NY

#46135 Feb 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Hey,guys,it's going to take a lot more than Yetter getting his special friend. The number of seminarians a diocese has is usually a good indicator of the morale of the diocese. Judging by the DOB numbers, morale is almost moribund. Let's see if the next bishop can improve the situation.( I doubt that he can.)(Also, leave Yetter alone. I don't know or care about his personal life, but he has done a good job in his current parish.)
Parish life and personal life are two different and diametrically opposed realities. He is good administrator, and also an excellent 'manipulator.' Nothing wrong with that! Who is going to be next for his piercing eyes?
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#46136 Feb 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>More likely to Ogdensburg. Erie generally gets bishops with strong intellectual backgrounds, which Eddie does not have.(He's not stupid,either.) Look for Eddie to head to Ogdensburg. Will the DOB get a new auxiliary bishop? Do we really need one these days?
More likely to the mail room at the Catholic Center, especially now that a certified letter has been lost.

PRESS RELEASE

To correct the problem of the cerrtified letter being lost, the Bishop has appointed Bishop Edward Grosz as Auxillary Bishop in Charge of Incoming Mail. This is effective immediately and Bishop Grosz will spend 100% of his time "sifting" out the problems in the mail room. In this role, he will wear his mitre at all times and his mitre will be used as the depository of certified letters. All other letters he will pick up with the help of his crosier.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#46137 Feb 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
More likely to the mail room at the Catholic Center, especially now that a certified letter has been lost.
PRESS RELEASE
To correct the problem of the cerrtified letter being lost, the Bishop has appointed Bishop Edward Grosz as Auxillary Bishop in Charge of Incoming Mail. This is effective immediately and Bishop Grosz will spend 100% of his time "sifting" out the problems in the mail room. In this role, he will wear his mitre at all times and his mitre will be used as the depository of certified letters. All other letters he will pick up with the help of his crosier.
Why do people love to hate Eddie Grosz?
Crosier

Buffalo, NY

#46138 Feb 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESS RELEASE
Which crosiers will he use?
Judy D

Hamburg, NY

#46139 Feb 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESS RELEASE
Hey this is really good!!! LOL!!!
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#46140 Feb 1, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
PRESS RELEASE
This bears repeating. The only letter I ever sent Kmiec was certified and LiPuma admitted in front of the bishop and me that he did not give it to him but sent it to the Priests Personnel Committee instead. And this despite the fact I had cc'd a copy to that committee. So we know for a fact LiPuma handles certified letters and decides where they go. The letter was not a complaint but one recommending Fr. Parker to stay on and take over our merged parish. The rest is history. Fr. Czeslaw "Train Wreck" Krysa was sent here instead.
Revelations

Niagara Falls, NY

#46141 Feb 1, 2012
Innocent wrote:
<quoted text>He is innocent like the 'flagpole cinderella priest' in the Falls who is fixated on vestments and animals, and off course dog feces.
except it is not the one you call Cinderella, it's Deveaux lavender who is fixated on those things because of his obsession with his gardening.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#46142 Feb 1, 2012
I have been checking several vocations and seminary websites over the past few weeks. Quite a few of these insitutions mandate an HIV test. What does this say about the groups from which our seminarians are coming.(To be fair,the military and other institutions are doing the same. AIDS is no longer primarily a sexually transmitted disease, largely in the "gay" community.)
julie from buffalo

Hamburg, NY

#46143 Feb 1, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
This bears repeating. The only letter I ever sent Kmiec was certified and LiPuma admitted in front of the bishop and me that he did not give it to him but sent it to the Priests Personnel Committee instead. And this despite the fact I had cc'd a copy to that committee. So we know for a fact LiPuma handles certified letters and decides where they go. The letter was not a complaint but one recommending Fr. Parker to stay on and take over our merged parish. The rest is history. Fr. Czeslaw "Train Wreck" Krysa was sent here instead.
Hey Dunkirk, I remember you writing that a long, long time ago. That is somewhere on this blog from a few years back/at the beginning for those of us who were arounf back then. I heard from a priest who I know well tthat it was Monsignor LiPuma who rec'd the letter and who they are calling "an employee."
Landscaping

Buffalo, NY

#46144 Feb 1, 2012
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text>except it is not the one you call Cinderella, it's Deveaux lavender who is fixated on those things because of his obsession with his gardening.
Run down the places like DM and the Cataract certainly is great neglect by ther 'faithful leader' who is busy with his 'private escapades.' His obssession is his 'personal privacy' even in the rectory building where secretaries are relegated to the 'cages' from which they are not allowed to 'stick their heads' to the kitchen, or even to the lavatory.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#46145 Feb 1, 2012
One reason for the medicrity in both quality and numbers for the priests of the DOB was Paul Whitney's policy of eliminating anyone he thought would be a troublemaker. Whitney had positioned himself as chief "selector' of seminarians, abetted by Zahm, Zielinski, Weldgen, and a few others drove out many creative and innovative guys who could have been of great value to the DOB today. He also got seminarians to spy on each other, but missed those would become real problems later.
revelations

Niagara Falls, NY

#46146 Feb 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Why do people love to hate Eddie Grosz?
Because he is nothing more than a placator and is a fixture in the system that enables errant priests and he has quite the temper.
Do not dare exasperate him or else....
Niagara Fancy Bakery

East Aurora, NY

#46147 Feb 1, 2012
WOW!
Starting watching and posting on this site 5 years ago.
Nice to see that things really haven't changed much.... kinda like watching a Soap Opera, only nastier.

Carry on!:)
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#46148 Feb 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Chalupka also is hiding in Doylestocwn. What is going on around here? I suppose he has not gone to Europe because of the love child.
Do you think Fr. Anzelm will come home for the Childs birthday later this month?
Can he get away? Does need permission? How does Miss Preggie feel about all of this? Does it make her mad?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#46149 Feb 2, 2012
Niagara Fancy Bakery wrote:
WOW!
Starting watching and posting on this site 5 years ago.
Nice to see that things really haven't changed much.... kinda like watching a Soap Opera, only nastier.
Carry on!:)
Certainly a wealth of information these past 4-1/2 years. These blogs have certainly opened our eyes to what REALLY goes on throughout the DOB. My attitude towards priests, parish, etc. have made a complete turn around. I've seen the "nastiness" first hand.
Finance

Buffalo, NY

#46150 Feb 2, 2012
revelations wrote:
<quoted text>Because he is nothing more than a placator and is a fixture in the system that enables errant priests and he has quite the temper.
Do not dare exasperate him or else....
Oh, Jacek is upset with Grosz? Why? Did he do something wrong? Financially? Or otherwise? Any clues? Anybody? His trustees must know something! His Finance Committee should know where the money go! Don't you think so?
Batavia Barn Boy

Buffalo, NY

#46151 Feb 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
One reason for the medicrity in both quality and numbers for the priests of the DOB was Paul Whitney's policy of eliminating anyone he thought would be a troublemaker. Whitney had positioned himself as chief "selector' of seminarians, abetted by Zahm, Zielinski, Weldgen, and a few others drove out many creative and innovative guys who could have been of great value to the DOB today. He also got seminarians to spy on each other, but missed those would become real problems later.
Weldgen upon his retirement purchase a house in Wheatfield for a 250,000 dollars paid in cash. Did he get some money from his 'famous secretary' to buy this 'priest palace.' Is this called 'priestly poverty?' He was awfully vicious and conniving while he was on the Personnel Board Committee! His intrigues were very much present with his 'brotherly concern.' What a mistake? After toal debacle of 500,000 dollars missing from St. Christopher's Parish, he should have been sent fro 'psycho treatment.' And he is not the only one!His cousin Whithney was extremely cynical to say the least.
Lake Hut

Buffalo, NY

#46152 Feb 2, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Fr. Anzelm will come home for the Childs birthday later this month?
Can he get away? Does need permission? How does Miss Preggie feel about all of this? Does it make her mad?
Bring him to the 'lake hut' together with his posterity. He wanted to leave some visible trace of his body here on earth! Are you envious of it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kurt Russell to Play Santa Claus in Netflix Chr... 51 min ERIC 10
News Survey: SUNY Geneseo, Binghamton among nation's... (Jan '08) 1 hr crap hitting the fan 26
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 8 hr Trumps Army 218
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 21 hr Common sense 2,787
International dating changed my mind Dec 14 loving35 1
Somo lajeocoas vczaos satorotaz coante te coste... Dec 10 Somoslvltatsltrvr... 1
Lo asemo argoe ibians lohjoe le iterbrteamos co... Dec 10 Soylvrtcotecotlteke 1
More from around the web