Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45386 Jan 6, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean ask him where the money for child support comes from? I hope not from the parish accounts in Yonkers or Corpus Christi.
This is very interesting. I know the monks do not get much monthly. Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder?
One thing I know is that the love child's family has no money. Busia, a younger widow, once told me she has to work two jobs just to pay the bills. Then her daughter throws a fatherless bambino into the mix. My guess would be food stamps, WIC, free child care, whatever else the TAXPAYER provides along with whatever else the daddy provides on the sly. I don't believe there is any court ordered child support since the kid has her mother's last name. It's a good bet the father's name does not appear on the birth certificate. In a case like that, the courts are powerless UNLESS the mother takes the father to paternity court and wins the case. I highly doubt that happened here.
Stan Barron

Newark, NJ

#45387 Jan 6, 2012
Brian Schottenheimer (born October 16, 1973) is an American football coach. He is currently the offensive coordinator for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). Before becoming an offensive coordinator, he was the quarterback coach for the San Diego Chargers. His father, Marty Schottenheimer, is formerly the head coach of the San Diego Chargers and his uncle, Kurt Schottenheimer, was the defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers until the 2009 season.
Paul Wieland

Newark, NJ

#45388 Jan 6, 2012
Tony McKegney was drafted 32nd overall by the Buffalo Sabres in the 1978 NHL Amateur Draft. McKegney was the first Black Canadian hockey player to make an impact in the NHL,[2] and has often been referred to as the Jackie Robinson of professional hockey.
McKegney was born in Montreal, but was adopted soon thereafter, and raised by a white family in Sarnia, Ontario. As a teenager he played Jr.'B' hockey in Sarnia. He was following in the footsteps of his older brother Ian, who had been a star with the Sarnia Legionnaires before moving on to the pros. At age twenty, Tony McKegney signed a contract with the now defunct World Hockey Associationís (WHA) team in Birmingham, just to see the owner illegally renege on the deal after fans threatened to boycott the team for having added a black player to its roster.[3] However, the WHAís loss became the NHLís gain, as McKegney would go on to score over 300 career goals, including 40 in the 1987-88 season. His total of 78 points in the same season would remain the highest ever recorded by a black player until Jarome Iginlaís breakout 2001-2002 campaign. He registered nine 20-goal seasons in a career that lasted over 900 games.

After finishing the 1990-91 with the Chicago Blackhawks, McKegney would spend a season in Italy with AS Varese, as well as three games with the Canadian National Team. He would play 23 games with the San Diego Gulls in 1992-93 before retiring.

McKegney currently does periodic work on behalf of the Red Wings Alumni Association and the Buffalo Sabres Alumni Hockey Team
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#45389 Jan 6, 2012
Priests wrote:
<quoted text>Jacek Mazur and co. He paid quite a few dinners for Jacek! He is trying to get him in! Whatever that means!
No, it is not Jacek.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#45390 Jan 6, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I understand what the poster was getting at in relation to the cover-ups that the so called <proper authorities> have done over the years. The long arm of the church extended to high levels of local government.
Tell us more.
Hamburger

AOL

#45391 Jan 6, 2012
What???? Fr. Art Smith will NOT return to St. Mary's on the Lake....just what is it he did???? Who has the scoop????
RRRR

Buffalo, NY

#45392 Jan 7, 2012
Did you enjoy the New Year's Party at the Rio Rancho Ransomville Resort? Which celebrities were present? Did you have enough stew for all 'special guests?' When is the next party? Will Yetter be invited to that party?
Hamburger

AOL

#45393 Jan 7, 2012
Why is everyone so closed mouthed about Fr. Art Smith...no one seems to commet on his situation..is there something to hide?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45394 Jan 7, 2012
RRRR wrote:
Did you enjoy the New Year's Party at the Rio Rancho Ransomville Resort? Which celebrities were present? Did you have enough stew for all 'special guests?' When is the next party? Will Yetter be invited to that party?
Next party? Hmmmm? Ground Hog Day?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45395 Jan 7, 2012
I would like to say that I find this whole thing about Fr. Anselm to be way out there. F.Y.I.-----he is gay. That's probably hard for some of you to hear------but that is who he is. B.T.W.-------not that it is anyones business------but he was in a relationship with someone. Yes-----he was human & fell in love. At least he wasn't some perv who molested an altar boy. He is a man & a good man who is caring & kind.

Believe it or not-----but he is entitled to find himself and be who God wants him to be. He left Buffalo for a chance to think about his future & to see where God is leading him. Everyone deserves a chance to love and be loved by someone. He still loves God but that doesn't mean he has to live unnaturally for the rest of his life.

Dunkirk Connection you wrote articles about him yet these were articles he asked you not to write. He knew enough that someday you would turn on him.

We all owe a lot to him for being such a good person. He did a lot for Corpus Christi & the E. Side of Buffalo. Let's not turn on him for wanting something for himself. We should thank him for at least trying to be a priest. If more people tried there would probably be more priests.

If he were your son, grandson or nephew------you would understand better. But-----he is not therefore you trash him on this website. To those people with a heart & who are decent, God-fearing people-----don't listen to vicious people like Dunkirk Connection. Open your hearts to good people like Fr. Amselm & let them know you are behind them as their friend & not an enemy. I can't say it about everyone but Fr. Anselm would be the first one to reach out to you if you needed him & he wouldn't try to hurt you like some people tried to hurt him.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45396 Jan 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
President's Day?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45397 Jan 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
I would like to say that I find this whole thing about Fr. Anselm to be way out there. F.Y.I.-----he is gay. That's probably hard for some of you to hear------but that is who he is. B.T.W.-------not that it is anyones business------but he was in a relationship with someone. Yes-----he was human & fell in love. At least he wasn't some perv who molested an altar boy. He is a man & a good man who is caring & kind.
Believe it or not-----but he is entitled to find himself and be who God wants him to be. He left Buffalo for a chance to think about his future & to see where God is leading him. Everyone deserves a chance to love and be loved by someone. He still loves God but that doesn't mean he has to live unnaturally for the rest of his life.
Dunkirk Connection you wrote articles about him yet these were articles he asked you not to write. He knew enough that someday you would turn on him.
We all owe a lot to him for being such a good person. He did a lot for Corpus Christi & the E. Side of Buffalo. Let's not turn on him for wanting something for himself. We should thank him for at least trying to be a priest. If more people tried there would probably be more priests.
If he were your son, grandson or nephew------you would understand better. But-----he is not therefore you trash him on this website. To those people with a heart & who are decent, God-fearing people-----don't listen to vicious people like Dunkirk Connection. Open your hearts to good people like Fr. Amselm & let them know you are behind them as their friend & not an enemy. I can't say it about everyone but Fr. Anselm would be the first one to reach out to you if you needed him & he wouldn't try to hurt you like some people tried to hurt him.
Wow, what have you been smokin'? You come on here like you're a supporter and defender of Fr. Anzelm and at the same time announce to the world he's gay? I'm not buying it. As for my columns, he sent a thank you to the Am Pol Eagle for the positive publicity and mentioned me by name. This thank you was published. It was only after he was brainwashed by Miss Preggie that things changed. Can't help but wonder if you are Miss Preggie trying to create a smokescreen.
RRRR

Buffalo, NY

#45398 Jan 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Any imporatnt date will be good for some kind of celebration at Rio Rancho Ransomville Resort. Who will be invited? Who is going to pay for it! Is Carmella going to bring some chicken wings to the party? Is Bishop Zavala with his two sons from California going to be a guest of honor?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45399 Jan 7, 2012
RRRR wrote:
<quoted text> Any imporatnt date will be good for some kind of celebration at Rio Rancho Ransomville Resort. Who will be invited? Who is going to pay for it! Is Carmella going to bring some chicken wings to the party? Is Bishop Zavala with his two sons from California going to be a guest of honor?
Who is Bishop Zavala?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#45400 Jan 7, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I understand what the poster was getting at in relation to the cover-ups that the so called <proper authorities> have done over the years. The long arm of the church extended to high levels of local government.
Explain further. This is an important issue.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#45401 Jan 7, 2012
If the Buffalo News were to design a parish, I think it would closely resemble St. Joseph U. Parish; no doctrine,heavy peace and justice, no prolife emphasis. But what would the opposite look like? What local parish would most closely reflect Pope Benedict's views?
dismayed

Niagara Falls, NY

#45402 Jan 7, 2012
Liturgy wrote:
<quoted text> Communion Service is allowed liturgically only in absolutely necessary and oxtraordinary cases. This is not one of those cases. Les us all write to the Chancery and the Bishop! Jacek Mazur is abusing his power as pastor! No need for Communion Service while there are other churches withing the radius of about 3 miles. Wite to the Bishop now!
Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also. Why should communion ever be denied?
Rosie

Pittsford, NY

#45403 Jan 7, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I know is that the love child's family has no money. Busia, a younger widow, once told me she has to work two jobs just to pay the bills. Then her daughter throws a fatherless bambino into the mix. My guess would be food stamps, WIC, free child care, whatever else the TAXPAYER provides along with whatever else the daddy provides on the sly. I don't believe there is any court ordered child support since the kid has her mother's last name. It's a good bet the father's name does not appear on the birth certificate. In a case like that, the courts are powerless UNLESS the mother takes the father to paternity court and wins the case. I highly doubt that happened here.
Preggies mother was Fr. Poblockis bookeepeer, secretary. Preggie
could afford top notch clothing. St. Josaphats is a place to hide from people that know her.
Anon

Brooklyn, NY

#45404 Jan 7, 2012
Liturgy wrote:
<quoted text> Communion Service is allowed liturgically only in absolutely necessary and oxtraordinary cases. This is not one of those cases. Les us all write to the Chancery and the Bishop! Jacek Mazur is abusing his power as pastor! No need for Communion Service while there are other churches withing the radius of about 3 miles. Wite to the Bishop now!
St Mary's can afford to loose a Mass look how many DM had to lose. That's is what happens when a Priest gets two parishes. He is worn out. Give the man a break. Good for him
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45405 Jan 7, 2012
Rosie wrote:
<quoted text>
Preggies mother was Fr. Poblockis bookeepeer, secretary. Preggie
could afford top notch clothing. St. Josaphats is a place to hide from people that know her.
If Poblocki wasn't such a braggart who has to publish the names of everyone who joins Josaphat's in his bulletin, we would never have known where she was. He loves to brag how many people are joining his REAL Catholic Church. Not a word about those who are leaving. Their names aren't published. LOL. Miss Preggie worked and lived at home. Probably made a minimal contribution to the household if her mother had to work two jobs just to pay the bills. Spent her money on herself, nice clothes etc. So what happened when the baby came and needed 24/7 care? Again, my guess would be FREE child care courtesy of the taxpayers OR lots of financial support from Daddy Warbucks, whoever that may be. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are you voting for in the New York Governor... 19 hr Diamond Daisy 2
Dear White People - REALLY stupid movie Sun spikemike 1
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY Sat stop brown 121
janet koch is new exec. dir. of life's worc Sat DHF1147 1
Secrets of Mexico's flying snake gods Oct 17 JOFFE and TROTSKY 14
New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Oct 17 JustSoYouKnow 16,804
Jehovah's Witnesses sex abuse scandal: Church a... Oct 15 El Cacique 29

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE