Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60839 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45348 Jan 5, 2012
At a time when Congressional approval ratings are at an all time low, Congressman Brian Higgins controls the most bloated staff of anyone. Are these staffers doing the peoples' work? Not if you check the phone records. Frank Max, who aspires to be the next Democratic Chairman called Higgins' staff 177 times during work hours. If you believe these calls are related to Cheektowaga sanitation, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Anyone with half of a brain knows these calls relate to Democratic politics and not policy...

Martin obtained Max’s 2010 phone records and found Max had made 177 calls to Rep. Brian Higgins’ office, as well as others to Leonard R. Lenihan, G. Steven Pigeon and other prominent Democrats. Nearly all of the calls, Max said, were with Jackie Schmid, Higgins’ executive assistant.

“It’s a crime to use town resources for personal and political reasons,” Martin said.

The point? Congressman Higgins' staffers are being paid $80,000/yr by you and I to conduct political business on taxpayer time. In a time when businesses are cutting jobs and politicians are asking citizens to do more with less, wouldn't it be nice to see the people we elect lead by example?
Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45349 Jan 5, 2012
Jackie,

I'm still waiting to hear about the $$$ from the Crabapple Fest which was 3 years ago.

When were you getting back to us?

My letter to the Ampol Eagle was ignored.
Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45350 Jan 5, 2012
To all readers:

Jackie runs a lot of events but she also handles a lot of $$$. She doesn't always give a good accounting for the $$$ she handles.

Congressman Higgins and Jackie:

We need some accountability. Lead by example by looking into your own staff.
Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45351 Jan 5, 2012
Jackie,

Could you explain the checks you've rec'd from associations like the the "Progressive Democrats?" Some were for as much as $500.00.

Congressman Higgins, where is the accountability with this staffer?
Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45352 Jan 5, 2012
Jackie,

What about the checks you rec'd from the Cheektowaga Democratic Committee? They were for $426.96 and 466.57. Could you explain these to us?

Congressman Higgins, when will this be investigated.
Roy

Buffalo, NY

#45353 Jan 5, 2012
Jackie has been on my radar for some time and she knows that I have questions for her.

More accountability is necessary for these so called political fundraisers and charitable events.

Many have called on Congressman Higgins for accountability, especially with certain staffers.
madMax

Buffalo, NY

#45354 Jan 5, 2012
Roy wrote:
At a time when Congressional approval ratings are at an all time low, Congressman Brian Higgins controls the most bloated staff of anyone. Are these staffers doing the peoples' work? Not if you check the phone records. Frank Max, who aspires to be the next Democratic Chairman called Higgins' staff 177 times during work hours. If you believe these calls are related to Cheektowaga sanitation, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Anyone with half of a brain knows these calls relate to Democratic politics and not policy...
Martin obtained Max’s 2010 phone records and found Max had made 177 calls to Rep. Brian Higgins’ office, as well as others to Leonard R. Lenihan, G. Steven Pigeon and other prominent Democrats. Nearly all of the calls, Max said, were with Jackie Schmid, Higgins’ executive assistant.
“It’s a crime to use town resources for personal and political reasons,” Martin said.
The point? Congressman Higgins' staffers are being paid $80,000/yr by you and I to conduct political business on taxpayer time. In a time when businesses are cutting jobs and politicians are asking citizens to do more with less, wouldn't it be nice to see the people we elect lead by example?
Congressperson Kathy Hochul is only spending 30% of the money she was offered to run her office. The rest she is giving back to the taxpayers. If this becomes a trend Brian Higgins might have to tell Bonnie Kane Lockwood, Chris Fahey, Rick Finnegan, and the rest of his bloated fat cats to get off the public dole and find work in the private sector. Too many political HACKS.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45355 Jan 5, 2012
Roy wrote:
If Jackie Schmid is making $80,000 a year, why would she need to be doing what she is being accused of on this blog? I don't know her personally, but she is single. Why would she need more than $80,000 a year to live on? Doesn't make sense to me.
b fair

Niagara Falls, NY

#45356 Jan 5, 2012
Have you heard wrote:
I have been told that there is suspicion that Jackie Schmid has her finger in the cookie jar at certain fundraisers for SJG. This came as a surprise to me because I know that Jackie Schmid works for Congressman Brian Higgins and she writes for the Ampol Eagle. I heard she was supposed to be a great gal and a devout Catholic.
From what I hear, Jackie only seems to volunteer for situations when she can handle money. I'm told that she often handles the money by herself without another person to act as a witness. I'm also told that when questioned on some things that she walked out and refused to answer.
The people who told me, have cautioned me to watch Jackie and have have warned me that she is trouble.
Has anyone heard about this and can they tell us what is going on? Is Fr. Mike really allowing her to handle money by herself? Is someone checking on her?
I would hate to see Jackie Schmid's reputation tarnished, if this were untrue. I think an immediate investigation should get underway and if she is innocent, her name deserves to be cleared. If she is guilty, the DA should be called and she should make full restitution.
P.S. I am told that her mother has nothing to do with any of this and has done nothing wrong.
The people who told me this have told me this in confidence, so that is why I wanted to put it on this website. After all, it's hard to keep a secret on something like this.
If you truly didn't want to see her reputation tarnished you would have handled this in a more discreet manner. You are seeking cheap thrills & probably have an agenda against this woman. Grow up
Madeline

Buffalo, NY

#45357 Jan 5, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jackie Schmid is making $80,000 a year, why would she need to be doing what she is being accused of on this blog? I don't know her personally, but she is single. Why would she need more than $80,000 a year to live on? Doesn't make sense to me.
Why do so many priests steal? They too are single, do not pay living expenses and receive a salary. Because she is single and gets a salary would not mean she would have to be innocent. The executives of Adelphia Cable were millionaires many times over anf yet they stold.
Madeline

Buffalo, NY

#45358 Jan 5, 2012
b fair wrote:
<quoted text>If you truly didn't want to see her reputation tarnished you would have handled this in a more discreet manner. You are seeking cheap thrills & probably have an agenda against this woman. Grow up
To "b fair" - I have heard a lot of priest's mames mentioned when nobody seemed concerned about their reputations. Your concern for this woman sounds like you feel this person should be treated differently. I wonder as to why you felt a need to defend her reputation and not that of any of the others mentioned. Do you have an agenda?
L M A O

Buffalo, NY

#45359 Jan 5, 2012
b fair wrote:
<quoted text>If you truly didn't want to see her reputation tarnished you would have handled this in a more discreet manner. You are seeking cheap thrills & probably have an agenda against this woman. Grow up
When you do things that can tarnish your own reputation, don't blame others for talking about it.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#45360 Jan 5, 2012
Philadelphia and Boston are heading for more parish and school closing. Can Buffalo be far behind. BTW,Chaput of Phialdelphia is selling his mansion, Maybe the next bishop will sell 77 Oakland Pl.? At least, it would be a good PR move.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#45361 Jan 5, 2012
Madeline wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do so many priests steal? They too are single, do not pay living expenses and receive a salary. Because she is single and gets a salary would not mean she would have to be innocent. The executives of Adelphia Cable were millionaires many times over anf yet they stold.
These people get a rush from getting away with a crime.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45362 Jan 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Why is my post judged mean, racy and incendiary??? Are you people illiterate? All I was saying is I'm not buying what someone is trying to peddle on here without some concrete evidence which I don't think there is. Someone seems to have a vendetta and the rest is speculation. Now I suppose that's mean, racy and incendiary.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45364 Jan 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Maybe Fr. Anzelm doesn't read the blog. To those who are going, let us know if Miss Preggie attends. It would be foolish for her to bring her 4 year old girl though. You never know what will come out of the mouth of babes. Oops ...
I totally agree. I really can't believe he his coming and taking such a chance for this to get out to the public.
Most of the parishioners either suspect, or assume, or know that he is the father. Maybe there will be some sort of special announcement made during this important celebration.
But, how can anyone even take him seriously after he has been such a Phoney for so long?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#45365 Jan 5, 2012
Actually, DOB priests are among the lowest paid in the USA. But I don't think too many of them are starving.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45366 Jan 5, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Actually, DOB priests are among the lowest paid in the USA. But I don't think too many of them are starving.
Agree. They wouldn't be buying "lake houses" if they were destitute. Most people who earn more than the DOB priests can't afford a lake house.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45367 Jan 5, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. They wouldn't be buying "lake houses" if they were destitute. Most people who earn more than the DOB priests can't afford a lake house.
I wonder where they get the money for child support?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#45368 Jan 5, 2012
Yetter off to sunnier realms for vacation? I wonder who went with him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witnesses List Another Brooklyn Heigh... 4 hr El Cacique of NYC IP 6
News Today in history: Hitler commits suicide (Apr '15) 19 hr Phil 30
News Today in history: 'Houston, we've got a problem' Fri Three Days 1
kelly ripa has ruined michael strahan (Mar '13) Thu Hhgdttfrtcrg13366 98
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Apr 26 Zeke the Pinhead 64
The eruption of the volcano was Japan's conspir... (Nov '08) Apr 26 fukuda 12
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) Apr 25 Meroche4 82
More from around the web