Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62032 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Corky and Morky

Buffalo, NY

#45328 Jan 4, 2012
anon wrote:
In the most concrete sign yet of his plans to thoroughly reshape the beleaguered church he’s inherited, Philadelphia’s Archbishop Charles Chaput OFM Cap. is giving up the mansion at the city’s edge which his predecessors have called home for the last 75 years.
Less than four months after taking the reins of the 1.2 million-member Northeastern “supertanker,” Chaput reportedly decided to seek a buyer for the historic, 12,600 square-foot Cardinal's Residence and its 8.9-acre grounds over recent weeks, according to archdiocesan sources. No official announcement of the move is expected to be made.
Seen by many locals as the quintessential symbol of the “complacency and pride” that have long marked the city’s ecclesial culture, the property's placement on the market is said to have received “strong support” both from Chaput's Finance Council and Council of Priests, who were consulted on the move over the last six weeks. As the value of a successful deal is almost certain to exceed the canonical threshold for a bishop’s alienation of diocesan property on his own initiative (currently $7.5 million for larger US dioceses), a transfer of ownership would require the approval of the Holy See.
Are these two 'ideal former priests' still around? What is going on? Are they still hiding somewhere in the country?
Closings

Buffalo, NY

#45329 Jan 4, 2012
More churches will be closed around the diocese since their is great shortage of priests. The new bishop will have to review the distribution of priests across the diocese, and get those guys out that are spending to much time in their cottages, and being too busy with their pets.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45330 Jan 4, 2012
Plastic Smile wrote:
No word for so long from the 'famous Judge Judy.' Where is she hiding herself these days? She should rush and help her 'special client.'
Who is Judge Judy?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45331 Jan 4, 2012
Plastic Smile wrote:
<quoted text>Chalupka is not the only one in the diocese. There are more Chalupkas around. Some are hiding themselves in their cottages for 'special entertainments.'
Chalupka hides on Hagen St. This is his special place. This weekend will be very special for him.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45332 Jan 4, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Chalupka hides on Hagen St. This is his special place. This weekend will be very special for him.
This is a very special weekend for CC. I hope there is no bad publicity with this Chalupka issue.
He should stay away.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45333 Jan 4, 2012
The Polish Chicken wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont forget about the queen of gualbert and doat!
Andrew, are you playing anywhere? Miss you!
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45334 Jan 4, 2012
IF Chalupka is indeed a "family man," it would be the height of hypocrisy to show up at CC resplendent in his white robe. That baby is 4 or 5 years old now. IF he is her daddy, that would mean at least 5 years of leading a double life. If he shows up, why doesn't someone confront him and tell him he's been spotted on Hagen Street numerous times and what is that all about? I'd do it myself but he isn't worth the price of the gas.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#45335 Jan 4, 2012
Maybe EUK's successor will sell 77 Oakland Place? And what are they going to do with SJV/CTK? It's likely going to be on the market soon. Well, at least no one is denying the ppossibility,or rather probability.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45336 Jan 4, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
IF Chalupka is indeed a "family man," it would be the height of hypocrisy to show up at CC resplendent in his white robe. That baby is 4 or 5 years old now. IF he is her daddy, that would mean at least 5 years of leading a double life. If he shows up, why doesn't someone confront him and tell him he's been spotted on Hagen Street numerous times and what is that all about? I'd do it myself but he isn't worth the price of the gas.
I have to be honest with you, I do not have a problem with him having a child, I do have a problem with him fooling us all these years!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#45337 Jan 4, 2012
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
SEND THE WOMAN A GAS CARD!!! Although I find that excuse a little odd given her other recorded travels!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#45338 Jan 4, 2012
Los Angeles Archbishop Jose Gomez announced the “sad and difficult” news in a letter to Catholics in the archdiocese. He said Bishop Zavala, who was auxiliary bishop for the San Gabriel Pastoral Region, had informed him in early December that he was the father of two minor teenage children who live with their mother in another state.
In the letter, Gomez announced that Zavala was no longer in ministry and would be living privately. Gomez also said the archdiocese had reached out to the mother to offer spiritual and financial support.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45339 Jan 4, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
SEND THE WOMAN A GAS CARD!!! Although I find that excuse a little odd given her other recorded travels!
Is Miss preggie Mrs. chalupka?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45340 Jan 4, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Miss preggie Mrs. chalupka?
Miss Preggie bore the much talked about and gossiped about Corpus Christi love child. No one ever saw her with a guy. No one knows who the father is for sure except the parents and probably busia whom they live with. When Chalupka was pastor, she was at Corpus Christi ALL THE TIME volunteering. After he was transferred, Miss Preggie, the love child and busia all joined St. Josaphat's. YOU be the judge.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45341 Jan 4, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
That was then and this is now. How many times can you be disillusioned by so many different priests and bishops before you find a more productive use for your time? That's why. AND Chalupka is not worth the gas.
Have you heard

Lancaster, NY

#45342 Jan 4, 2012
I have been told that there is suspicion that Jackie Schmid has her finger in the cookie jar at certain fundraisers for SJG. This came as a surprise to me because I know that Jackie Schmid works for Congressman Brian Higgins and she writes for the Ampol Eagle. I heard she was supposed to be a great gal and a devout Catholic.

From what I hear, Jackie only seems to volunteer for situations when she can handle money. I'm told that she often handles the money by herself without another person to act as a witness. I'm also told that when questioned on some things that she walked out and refused to answer.

The people who told me, have cautioned me to watch Jackie and have have warned me that she is trouble.

Has anyone heard about this and can they tell us what is going on? Is Fr. Mike really allowing her to handle money by herself? Is someone checking on her?

I would hate to see Jackie Schmid's reputation tarnished, if this were untrue. I think an immediate investigation should get underway and if she is innocent, her name deserves to be cleared. If she is guilty, the DA should be called and she should make full restitution.

P.S. I am told that her mother has nothing to do with any of this and has done nothing wrong.

The people who told me this have told me this in confidence, so that is why I wanted to put it on this website. After all, it's hard to keep a secret on something like this.
About JACKIE

Lancaster, NY

#45343 Jan 4, 2012
What is going on? I heard the news! Can anyone shed some light on what is happening?
Marie

Lancaster, NY

#45344 Jan 4, 2012
Have you heard wrote:
I have been told that there is suspicion that Jackie Schmid has her finger in the cookie jar at certain fundraisers for SJG. This came as a surprise to me because I know that Jackie Schmid works for Congressman Brian Higgins and she writes for the Ampol Eagle. I heard she was supposed to be a great gal and a devout Catholic.
From what I hear, Jackie only seems to volunteer for situations when she can handle money. I'm told that she often handles the money by herself without another person to act as a witness. I'm also told that when questioned on some things that she walked out and refused to answer.
The people who told me, have cautioned me to watch Jackie and have have warned me that she is trouble.
Has anyone heard about this and can they tell us what is going on? Is Fr. Mike really allowing her to handle money by herself? Is someone checking on her?
I would hate to see Jackie Schmid's reputation tarnished, if this were untrue. I think an immediate investigation should get underway and if she is innocent, her name deserves to be cleared. If she is guilty, the DA should be called and she should make full restitution.
P.S. I am told that her mother has nothing to do with any of this and has done nothing wrong.
The people who told me this have told me this in confidence, so that is why I wanted to put it on this website. After all, it's hard to keep a secret on something like this.
I too thought Jackie was a great girl and never have I known a younger girl who was more religious and holy. As a child, she attended Saint John Gualbert School. She was always a pillar of our Church. This all comes as a real shock to me about this situation. Please pray for Jackie and for all who are involved in this sad affair. Please remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty.
Anonymous

AOL

#45345 Jan 4, 2012
recent posting on Broadway Fillmore Alive...

Former Pastor Anzelm Chalupka is coming to the special services this weekend!!!

Surprise to this blog???? ha... I think not....so maybe being an Hagen St was not so far off....where is Hagen Street??? Off Genesee or Delavan????
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#45346 Jan 5, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
recent posting on Broadway Fillmore Alive...
Former Pastor Anzelm Chalupka is coming to the special services this weekend!!!
Surprise to this blog???? ha... I think not....so maybe being an Hagen St was not so far off....where is Hagen Street??? Off Genesee or Delavan????
I can't beliieve he would come here when everyone knows about his secret family.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#45347 Jan 5, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't beliieve he would come here when everyone knows about his secret family.
Maybe Fr. Anzelm doesn't read the blog. To those who are going, let us know if Miss Preggie attends. It would be foolish for her to bring her 4 year old girl though. You never know what will come out of the mouth of babes. Oops ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 2 hr USA R0CKS 871
News Gay groups seek to buy NYC church known for hat... (Feb '16) 6 hr john 22
News After 5-year hiatus, North Korean officials pre... 12 hr Prophet Atlantis 1
News Obama gives last-day interview to Ryan Seacrest (Nov '10) 13 hr Big Johnson 99
News Spoiling for Fight With Canada, U.S. Dairies Pu... 18 hr Drink 1
kelly ripa has ruined michael strahan (Mar '13) Feb 19 Cindy Simmons 108
News Biologists find weird cave life that may be 50,... Feb 18 Emerald 3
More from around the web