Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62218 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43745 Oct 7, 2011
How was the Cure of Ars celebration.i.e. Eddie Grosz' farewell party?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#43746 Oct 7, 2011
anonymous wrote:
You mean, his retirement????
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43747 Oct 7, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, his retirement????
No,transfer.
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43748 Oct 7, 2011
No blogs today. I know why. First Friday adoration and then it's off to the Rochester Spa for the long weekend.
Smacznego

Buffalo, NY

#43749 Oct 7, 2011
Just marvelous! Msgr. Lipuma began the standing ovation for Grosz. It was beautiful!
anonymous wrote:
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#43750 Oct 8, 2011
anonymous wrote:
No blogs today. I know why. First Friday adoration and then it's off to the Rochester Spa for the long weekend.
Right, baby! They are all heading to the Rochester Spa for the long weekend! Any idea who is going to be there? John Mack will lead 'the famous procession' to that 'pilgrimage place.'
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#43751 Oct 8, 2011
Smacznego wrote:
Just marvelous! Msgr. Lipuma began the standing ovation for Grosz. It was beautiful!
<quoted text>
Who is so much impressed with this 'chatter box?'
Code Red

Buffalo, NY

#43752 Oct 8, 2011
There was no 4:00 PM Mass @ Saint Mark's today.
People were sent home. Where was the priest?
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43753 Oct 8, 2011
Code Red wrote:
Rochester Spa? Toronto?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#43754 Oct 8, 2011
Code Red wrote:
Did he go to see Grabowski?
The Prognosticator

Fombell, PA

#43755 Oct 8, 2011
The terna for the Diocese of Buffalo.

Priests:

Rev. Donald J. Harrington, CM, President, St. John's University (NY)
Rev. Kevin McKenna, Diocese of Rochester (NY)
Rev. Msgr. Walter Rossi, National Shrine of immaculate Conception (DC)

Bishops:

Most Rev. Frank Caggiano (Brooklyn)
Most Rev. Chris Coyne (Indiana)
Most Rev. Arthur Kennedy (Boston)
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43756 Oct 8, 2011
The Prognosticator wrote:
The terna for the Diocese of Buffalo.
Priests:
Rev. Donald J. Harrington, CM, President, St. John's University (NY)
Rev. Kevin McKenna, Diocese of Rochester (NY)
Rev. Msgr. Walter Rossi, National Shrine of immaculate Conception (DC)
Bishops:
Most Rev. Frank Caggiano (Brooklyn)
Most Rev. Chris Coyne (Indiana)
Most Rev. Arthur Kennedy (Boston)
You might have something here. Coyne is now in Indianopolis as Apostolic Administrator. They might want to leave him there and even give him the Archdiocese. I doubt that the 3 priests you mention will get it. Rome will probably be looking for bishops who has some expereince in episcopal office. Rossi will get a diocese sooner or later
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43757 Oct 8, 2011
Another problem with the above "terna" is the date of retirement. Kennedy is to retire in 2017, which would give him only five years of service,while Caggiano is due to retire in 2034,which would give him too long a term of office,unless bigger responsiblities are due for him later. I don't think the appointee will be over 68,as Rome usually likes to keep a bishop in his see for at least seven years, Cunningham's "reign" in Ogdensburg was an exception.
anonymous

White Plains, NY

#43758 Oct 8, 2011
How about Fred Voorhees for auxuliary bishop?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#43759 Oct 9, 2011
anonymous wrote:
How about Fred Voorhees for auxuliary bishop?
This is the best choice ever mentioned on this blog! I hope he gets the DOB!
Anonymous

Depew, NY

#43760 Oct 9, 2011
The 'special gathering' is scheduled this afternoon in the Rochester Spa with the presider, John Mack from CKS in East Aurora! Guys, get ready for this 'pilgrimage!'
Anonymous

Depew, NY

#43761 Oct 9, 2011
Do anybody know if there are any peepshows in the Rocherster Spa? Some guys are interested in those 'specialties.'
Anonymous

Depew, NY

#43762 Oct 9, 2011
Is Ronald Mierzwa going to venture out of his seclusion in Ellicottville, and get to the Rocherster Spa tonight?He loves to be 'in cognito.'
Anonymous

Depew, NY

#43763 Oct 9, 2011
Where is 'the golden boy' of tha Falls going to dine tonight? Is "JUdge Judy" take him out for nice meal to the Steakhouse? Is Carmella going to pay his dinner?
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#43764 Oct 9, 2011
Recently Fr. Poblocki banned a community organization from having their meetings at St. Josaphat, because a "Catholic" politician who opposes Catholic teaching was involved. In some ways this seems a little extreme, but unfortunately it is necessary today. Just about every recently promoted "Catholic" politician is pro-abortion (think Higgins and Hochul). Evangelism depends not only on friendliness, but credibility. If someone like him had been at St. Catherine's parish for the past 20 years, he would never have allowed the pro-abortion peace and jusice groups in, or the non-Christian New Age religion to be promoted on parish property. The parish lost a lot of its credibility, and thus half its membership, even though it was friendly right up to the end. Sadly, Buffalo has lots of friendly, but mostly empty Catholic and Protestant churches. If people don't find doctrinal content, lived out consistently, they stop coming, no matter how strong the "parish community" is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox News execs forced black women to arm wrestl... 2 hr Frogface Kate 6
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 4 hr Squach 1,149
young and the restless going off the air (Nov '10) 23 hr Debbie1619 11
Trummpp Sat Jim 1
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... Apr 22 Yeti 29
News Quebec City Mosque Shooting Leaves 6 Dead, 8 Wo... Apr 21 Kevin J Johnston 1
News Stumbleupon Apr 21 Kevin J Johnston 1
More from around the web