Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59897 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anon

Redmond, WA

#42374 Aug 20, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they were able to afford it after selling Chalupks's expensive blue Subaru turbo Impreza that he drove around in.
Now that is an expensive car.
He drives a grey volkswagon now that I see on Hagen St. Once in a while.
What's with priests and hot cars.Fr.Ward drove a blue caddy in the '60's.Needless to say it was often filled with boys from Baker.
Catholic girl

Lancaster, NY

#42375 Aug 20, 2011
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
When the mother, grandmother and baby all joined the same church (take a guess which one), the baby had the mother's last name in the bulletin. So give me another reason why she would be wearing a belted up trench/raincoat inside the Sears center crowded with people and it's hotter than hot? You could see her big stomach anyway. So go ahead give me another reason. And everything I've said on here about Poblocki or Krysa is the truth, so help me God. As bizarre as it may sound, it is what it is.
Dunkirk Dupa, All you do is spread rumors about Father Poblocki..what's wrong, he didn't give you enough attention..you gave him TOO much that he had to get a restraining orders against you....now that is just creepy.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#42376 Aug 20, 2011
Catholic girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunkirk Dupa, All you do is spread rumors about Father Poblocki..what's wrong, he didn't give you enough attention..you gave him TOO much that he had to get a restraining orders against you....now that is just creepy.
The only person Fr. Poblocki needs to be protected from is himself.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42377 Aug 20, 2011
CCC wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of the Paulines should pay for their actions. The last one with his girl friend and daughter, and this one for hanging out at Cathode Ray, and then DWI.
Bring them both back to pay the piper.
Sounds like they both were just trying to have a little fun.
The Pauline Fathers from Corpus Christi in Buffalo 'were trying to have a little fun.' And Fr. John Mack from Christ the King Seminary likes to frequent the famous Rochester Spa. Is that educational or what???
CCC

Buffalo, NY

#42378 Aug 20, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> The Pauline Fathers from Corpus Christi in Buffalo 'were trying to have a little fun.' And Fr. John Mack from Christ the King Seminary likes to frequent the famous Rochester Spa. Is that educational or what???
Who cares about having a little fun. Everyone does it once in a while.
But when you have a love child-to be an absentee father is not nice.
I really( and I mean it) would like to know what the Dunkirk Connection thinks should happen for this poor unfortunate child.
Going to the spa, and drinking too much is not the same. Was anyone hurt?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#42379 Aug 20, 2011
CCC wrote:
<quoted text>
I really( and I mean it) would like to know what the Dunkirk Connection thinks should happen for this poor unfortunate child.
I think whoever the father of that child is should be a man,step up to the plate, put his name on the birth certificate, give the child his last name and either pay child support for 18 years or marry the mother.
survivor

Redmond, WA

#42380 Aug 20, 2011
CCC wrote:
<quoted text>
The behavior hurts the believers that were taught by the "good Ladies" that priests were second to God.This is why they were chaste. This is why they gave up having a family. This is why they lived in a rectory to devote themselves to God.Yes. there behavior hurt others.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42381 Aug 20, 2011
survivor wrote:
<quoted text>Check out stories of children sexually abused by nuns especially stories originating in Ireland.We have been very naive.
Who is 'we'?
How were 'we' naive? Because when they told 'us' they wouldn't 'do it anymore', we believed them?
Then the next day, they 'did it again'...
and the day after that and the day after that and so on and so forth....Naive is NOT QUITE the Word I would use; try non-caring, couldn't-care-less, disinterested, no-longer-need-you......yeah, try some of those, but naive? No, not naive.
And another good word is 'angry' and how about 'disenchanted' and maybe 'vengeful-now', and how's about lawsuit?
How's that for a word?
anonymous

Westtown, NY

#42382 Aug 20, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like some with serious psychological problems and addicton to alcohol and sex joined the DOB ranks because the knew they would be protected.
Unfortunately,you're probsbly right.
anonymous

Westtown, NY

#42383 Aug 20, 2011
When wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are absolutely correct. When did the downfall of the DOB begin? Who were the main culprits?
In the 1960's The causes were probably multiple. esp.during the McNulty era. I dought if a single factor can be cited, however spiritual discipline did start to slide,
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42384 Aug 21, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Who is 'we'?
How were 'we' naive? Because when they told 'us' they wouldn't 'do it anymore', we believed them?
Then the next day, they 'did it again'...
and the day after that and the day after that and so on and so forth....Naive is NOT QUITE the Word I would use; try non-caring, couldn't-care-less, disinterested, no-longer-need-you......yeah, try some of those, but naive? No, not naive.
And another good word is 'angry' and how about 'disenchanted' and maybe 'vengeful-now', and how's about lawsuit?
How's that for a word?
Some of those nuns were exibiting their very strange and 'bitchy behaviour' toward children. What a shame! What is 'motherly love and understanding? And compassion???
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42385 Aug 21, 2011
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately,you're probsbly right.
Oh, I AM RIGHT!!
There is no question about that.
The question lies in whether or not 'big brother' can ever be held accountable for their actions (or more appropriately, their in-actions).
Time will tell.
I will give it 'my all'.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42386 Aug 21, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>What is 'motherly love and understanding? And compassion???
Yes, I recall THEM using those exact words, as a matter of fact they were written right here in this space some many months ago (I have near-total recall). However, due to the length of this ridiculous 'process', some posters are no longer nearby but there is no disputing how they rallied until they achieved their own purpose only to be left exposed and unarmed without the benefit of their 'lawful' hand to come down in my defense when the purpose served THEM!
Well, what goes around, comes around.
anon

Denver, CO

#42387 Aug 21, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like some with serious psychological problems and addicton to alcohol and sex joined the DOB ranks because the knew they would be protected.
Do we have any good priests in the DOB? Is there ANY hope left?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42388 Aug 21, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have any good priests in the DOB?
Answer: Most of them in the DOB are good priests...but they never get the 'press' that the others get (human nature).
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there ANY hope left?
Answer: Depends on what exactly you are asking about....?
anonymous

Westtown, NY

#42389 Aug 21, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer: Most of them in the DOB are good priests...but they never get the 'press' that the others get (human nature).
<quoted text>
Answer: Depends on what exactly you are asking about....?
I suspect you're right. If a priest's name has not appeared on this blog, he is probably doing a good job.
Catholic girl

Lancaster, NY

#42390 Aug 21, 2011
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person Fr. Poblocki needs to be protected from is himself.
I guess the majority of people who know you or read this blog, are in agreement, you certainly do have a problem. Why the obsession with priests, maybe to you, they are the forbidden fruit?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42391 Aug 21, 2011
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there ANY hope left?
On second thought, I will answer that as though you were one/some of the offenders and you CARED what I thought (in the event that whoever you ARE, you might enlighten them yourself):
1) Put an end to the code of silence
2) Send forth an 'angel' to explain 'things' to all of us (including all who doubt me) thereby reuniting me with ALL of those who I hold dear
3)Bring charges against he/those who have violated every fiber of my being continuously without penalty. Penalize them now. Protect me from him/them now and in the future.
4)Reunite me with my privacy. It has been a very, very long time since I have had any. Whatever privacy must remain challenged, make me aware of it and where I might go to have some privacy.
Do all of this within the next five days (till the end of Friday's workday) and I will not hold you responsible.
I doubt that this will happen because it isn't in your agenda however I will give it one last try to get your attention.
Also, You haven't responded to my pleas for privacy since you 'got your man/woman', therefore I can only assume you do not consider me.
Here is your chance.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42392 Aug 21, 2011
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect you're right. If a priest's name has not appeared on this blog, he is probably doing a good job.
FYI: Many whose names HAVE appeared are also doing a good job. Some of those have issues they should deal with/get help for (not meaning anything unlawful) just as some non-clergy have.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#42393 Aug 21, 2011
Catholic girl wrote:
<quoted text> I guess the majority of people who know you or read this blog, are in agreement, you certainly do have a problem.
I have no doubt that I have people 'in my corner'...I definitely feel the love and for that I am more than grateful....it is a very bright light in what has become a dismally dark life. I will love and respect them until the day I die. They know who they are. I may have had dinner with some of them recently. Not enough good can be said about them.
I will even go out on a limb and say that some of those who are NOT nearby might support me.
This latest incident where my 'stalker' has made contact with my unenlightened partner has brought another very scary element to this fiasco and there is very little room for patience and/or forgiveness for him or for those who let it continue unpenalized. He needs to be incarcerated and no longer a threat.
To those who came up with this 'plan': Face it, it was not perfect. It was flawed. Fix it now while you still can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jews for Jesus Hit Town and Find a Tough Crowd (Jul '06) 5 min messianic114 1,363
News Building heat for Central New York peaks Wednesday 19 hr jamal 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 20 hr Fart news 670
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... 21 hr tomin cali 1
News Live gardening chat Monday, July 27 at Mon eat-warning-issued 1
Windows 8 is infuriating Mon anonymous 2
kinky fun Mon hotOlivia 1
More from around the web