Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61265 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Monsey, NY

#42030 Jul 29, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Is the 'princess' in Rome waiting the appointment for the vacant-to-be Diocese of Buffalo?
No. Maybe Erie.
anonymous

Monsey, NY

#42031 Jul 29, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
How about Sullivan for a bishop???
No. Too old.
anonymous

Monsey, NY

#42032 Jul 29, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Is Slubecky hoping to be the next bishop of Buffalo?
If Grosz goes to Ogdensburg,then Slubecky is aiming to be auxiliary. I don't think he knows too much Polish.
anonymous

Monsey, NY

#42033 Jul 29, 2011
anonymous wrote:
With the death of Archbishop Pietro Sambi, the succession in Buffalo will be delayed. You can expect Kmiec to be around a little longer.
I know at least one contributor has disageed with my prediction of a delay in the succession in the DOB due to the unfortunate passing of Archbishop Sambi. A recent analysis of the situation by Rocco Palmo supports my prediction about a delay,maybe,even more substantial,than I had predicted. Check it out on "Whispers in the Loggia".
watch out

Buffalo, NY

#42034 Jul 29, 2011
TOO BAD wrote:
<quoted text>
He is calling protestant church organists trying to get a job as an organist because the catholic church doesn't want him. SNAP has been notified.
I think the Protestant Church should be very careful.
fess up

Buffalo, NY

#42035 Jul 29, 2011
True wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree you are right, we shouldnt, however the polish ones are the ones who have done the most harm to their parishioners and have put themselves in the spotlight because of their egos around buffalo. Its a shame but its true. White the bishop and that nun were tearing the churches down the polish priests were running wild and people saw that! Parties, envelopes, gifts, its no secret. I dont believe for a second that Chalupka was innocent either! You dont come to buffalo, save a church and just bail after 6 years giving to someone else. Sorry but its how I feel.
Don't even think for one minute that Chalupka was innocent.
It is high time he moves back to Buffalo, or wherever with his girl friend and daughter!
He should support them in the real world like everyone else with a real job!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42036 Jul 29, 2011
fess up wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even think for one minute that Chalupka was innocent.
It is high time he moves back to Buffalo, or wherever with his girl friend and daughter!
He should support them in the real world like everyone else with a real job!
Fr. Chalupka was always dressed in white like a virgin, and now he heas a girlfriend and a child according to this blogger. Difficult to believe! Perhaps, the virgin Chalupka is not 'virgin'any more.
anonymous

Monsey, NY

#42037 Jul 29, 2011
Interesting observaton. Loville Martlock,whose name is listed on bishopaccountability.org , still has his name in the Diocesan Directory.
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#42038 Jul 30, 2011
Another HOT weekend with no AC. Start fanning yourself with your bulletin!!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42039 Jul 30, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Another HOT weekend with no AC. Start fanning yourself with your bulletin!!
The 'golden boy ' with his two female friends, D. and D., will take you to the Steakhouse at the Casino to cool you off. Get ready after the masses!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42040 Jul 30, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Fr. Chalupka was always dressed in white like a virgin, and now he heas a girlfriend and a child according to this blogger. Difficult to believe! Perhaps, the virgin Chalupka is not 'virgin'any more.
Just like the billboard says-----
"Take time to be a father today"
anon

United States

#42041 Jul 30, 2011
anonymous wrote:
Interesting observaton. Loville Martlock,whose name is listed on bishopaccountability.org , still has his name in the Diocesan Directory.
Where is Martlock living? Hope he isn't near children.
Attic Treasures

Niagara Falls, NY

#42042 Jul 30, 2011
Very hot day in Candyland today. All the main characters were there. Except King Kandy. The M&M girls sold hot dogs all day. What a bunch of fools you are? Isn't it completely obvious you all have been kicked to the curb. All this for Ac? I almost felt sorry for you guys.
Anonymous

East Amherst, NY

#42043 Jul 31, 2011
Attic Treasures wrote:
Very hot day in Candyland today. All the main characters were there. Except King Kandy. The M&M girls sold hot dogs all day. What a bunch of fools you are? Isn't it completely obvious you all have been kicked to the curb. All this for Ac? I almost felt sorry for you guys.
Whe you are blind, you are blind. Are you overtaken by 'golden boy's' plastic smile?
Anonymous

East Amherst, NY

#42044 Jul 31, 2011
No AC in iether of the 'golden boy's' parishes. Go to other parishes with AC, like St. Joseph, St. Teresa and Prince of Peace.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42045 Jul 31, 2011
Did the Diocese ever think of following up on the parishes that were merged to see how how much was gained or lost in the mergers? St. Bonaventure Parish had an active youth group attracting young people for friendship and service. An afterschool program provided care for many neighborhood children. A summer program attracted over eighty children at an affordable price, giving parents peace of mind while they worked. Funeral breakfasts were offered to families in their time of need. The homebound were SOUGHT out and visited, and the needy were taken care of at the parish food pantry. Parishioners met weekly to pray and discuss the weekly readings. Teams worked at a local soup kitchen. The parish provided meals and shelter to families that were temporarily homeless. The Parish was active in tne local Ecumenical group and participated in the Lenten services at the various churches. Blood drives were held on a regular shedule. There programs are no longer functioning. Do you think the wrong parish was closed?
Anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#42047 Jul 31, 2011
Attic Treasures wrote:
Very hot day in Candyland today. All the main characters were there. Except King Kandy. The M&M girls sold hot dogs all day. What a bunch of fools you are? Isn't it completely obvious you all have been kicked to the curb. All this for Ac? I almost felt sorry for you guys.
Wasn't the third M girl there?
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#42048 Jul 31, 2011
Attic Treasures wrote:
Very hot day in Candyland today. All the main characters were there. Except King Kandy. The M&M girls sold hot dogs all day. What a bunch of fools you are? Isn't it completely obvious you all have been kicked to the curb. All this for Ac? I almost felt sorry for you guys.
Where was King Kandy? I'm sure he was there when they handed over the profits (which I don't believe was very much).
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#42049 Jul 31, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Whe you are blind, you are blind. Are you overtaken by 'golden boy's' plastic smile?
They too will learn. Eventually, they will see through the plastic smile.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#42050 Jul 31, 2011
anonymous wrote:
Did the Diocese ever think of following up on the parishes that were merged to see how how much was gained or lost in the mergers? St. Bonaventure Parish had an active youth group attracting young people for friendship and service. An afterschool program provided care for many neighborhood children. A summer program attracted over eighty children at an affordable price, giving parents peace of mind while they worked. Funeral breakfasts were offered to families in their time of need. The homebound were SOUGHT out and visited, and the needy were taken care of at the parish food pantry. Parishioners met weekly to pray and discuss the weekly readings. Teams worked at a local soup kitchen. The parish provided meals and shelter to families that were temporarily homeless. The Parish was active in tne local Ecumenical group and participated in the Lenten services at the various churches. Blood drives were held on a regular shedule. There programs are no longer functioning. Do you think the wrong parish was closed?
I can't help but think the same about Ascension Church, NT.
That place was so full of the true spirit of God, and all those programs that were so healthy, are dead.
who is responsible for evaluating the outcome of All of these closures?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winnipeg-born priest makes the case for Mother ... 1 hr Slum Dog Millionaire 2
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 4 hr okimar 128
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 5 hr southern at heart 792
News Boy, 13, and girl, 12, hospitalized after accid... Tue Ivyawe 1
News Trump family values: bonding over bricks, morta... Tue Go Blue Forever 4
News NY system for driver's license photos helping t... Tue Stephany McDowell 1
News Man arrested in shooting of ex-boss outside NY ... Tue Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web