Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62472 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Still laughing

Lockport, NY

#37734 Mar 14, 2011
No power wrote:
<quoted text>
The laity has no power and no say. The Chancery can move a priest any time, anywhere. "The people won't let him go." I don't think so. Kmiec (or should I say, Reggie) has the last word.
"The people won't let him go."

As stated above, "THE LAITY HAS NO POWER." How much power did the laity have during JFG? I rest my case.
No Opinion

Buffalo, NY

#37735 Mar 14, 2011
In the end wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be one huge defamation suit replete with damages. His reputation will never be fully repaired. His pastorate was terminated. His good name spoiled.
Then there will be the pain and suffering he endured during this attrocity of a stunt.
Hopefully it will be indicative of the kind of people who began the fiasco too. In the end it will destroy the very people who wanted to destroy Father.
DREAMER
NO LONGER NAIVE

Buffalo, NY

#37736 Mar 14, 2011
NF guy wrote:
Mazur is a simple priest. He is not a YES man. He is actually very moderate in spending. I don't think people of DM will let him go. That parish is growing and some "people from Holy Trinity " that used to be in favor of him cannot stand the situation because it is not their church. So sad, that some of "his own people" turned their backs on him. He is doing very well also as an administrator. That parish is in a much better shape than ever thanks to him. I'm sure they will find somebody for SJG. But trust me, it will not be Mazur. You are really wrong about him. You really are. <quoted text>
You are so naive about Father Mazur and his capabilities as a Priest and as an administrator...Watch your back and be careful...The knife is still in mine...
NO WAY

Union Point, GA

#37737 Mar 14, 2011
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT:Nothing called a restraining order was ever issued to me by anyone. And certainly not by Fr. Rick, you silly fool. Judges issue restraining orders, not priests.
FACT: Fr. Rick did not "ask" to leave Dunkirk.an angry mob of St. Hyacinth parishioners rode him out of town on a rail, in a manner of speaking. And it is obvious he has never forgiven any of us, even the few who asked his forgiveness. Another priest told me fr. Rick never refers to st. hyacinth's by name; only calls it the "Synagogue of Satan." And if you look at the st. josaphat website, you will see there is no mention in his bio of him being pastor of st hy from 1997-98. Like he never was there but instead spent that year at his previous parish.
Rick never got any restraining order any more than he fixed the many leaks in the basement! He is too irresponsible to have even entertained the thought of restraining anything even water damage!

Rick's reference to the Synoguge of... is idicative of his patholigical behavior. A priest calling a church "satan's synegogue" shows the deep seated duplicity that is present; he is allegedly such a staunch conservative and so "holy" and yet refers to the People of God in this way?
SICK

Union Point, GA

#37738 Mar 14, 2011
<quoted text>
FACT: It's a whopper all right. A whopper of a bald-faced lie. I never said any such thing and I never would. But I do give somebody an A for creativity. If you're looking to destroy someone's credibility, that certainly would be the way to go. I must confess though that every time I tell somebody about what our "truth seeker" wrote, I burst out laughing. And spare me the visual, P-U-H-L-E-E-Z-E!!!!!!
To say Ricky had sex with anyone other than himself is fantasy.

Further, who would even WANT to have sex with that thing?
CCC

Buffalo, NY

#37739 Mar 14, 2011
Anzelm knew damn well who you were and what you were capable of and that's why he told you that he didn't want any articles written about him or Corpus Christi and basically told you to get lost, even though you registered as a parishioner. Or do you deny that too, even though they published your name in the bulletin when you joined?
<quoted text>
FACT: I went to some of Mansell's anniversary Masses in my county and some First Sunday of the Month Masses at st.Joe's cathedral. Main topic of conversation was once again having a catholic high school in dunkirk.
FACT: LiPuma told me I was always welcome at any of the bishop's Masses. Ask him.
FACT: I wrote four columns about Corpus Christi for the am Pol eagle including fr. anselm's farewell Mass at which he made mention of "the two Dunkirk people" from the pulpit and later personally thanked us for coming.
CCC

Buffalo, NY

#37740 Mar 14, 2011
FACT: YOU are wrong!

This was Anzelm's only mention of "Dunkirk" made from the pulpit at the closing Mass which I carefully transcribed from the audio file on the Corpus Christi website:

"The ladies from Canada, they can be prophets, they may be saying 'Oh no, not me Father,' or even maybe somebody from Dunkirk, and we have some from Buffalo, bravo!"

And those (more than a few!) who knew exactly what he truly thought of you and your trouble-making which he squashed at the beginning knew that's why he very carefully made fun of you!

Nor did he say anything including "Dunkirk" or "two Dunkirk people" in his closing remarks!

So where did he make mention of "two Dunkirk people"?
<quoted text>
FACT: I wrote four columns about Corpus Christi for the am Pol eagle including fr. anselm's farewell Mass at which he made mention of "the two Dunkirk people" from the pulpit and later personally thanked us for coming.
LIAR

Union Point, GA

#37741 Mar 14, 2011
CCC wrote:
Anzelm knew damn well who you were and what you were capable of and that's why he told you that he didn't want any articles written about him or Corpus Christi and basically told you to get lost, even though you registered as a parishioner. Or do you deny that too, even though they published your name in the bulletin when you joined?
<quoted text>
Anzelm spoke highly of Dunkirk; I heard him myself.

When I spoke to Anzelm in NY he even asked about her in very friendly and complimentary terms.

He even credited her with keeping the Dunkirk church open and was the only voice for Polish people who called the big machine of the diocese to task.

To say Anzelm held her in anything other than high esteem is a LIE.
THE REASON FOR IT

Union Point, GA

#37742 Mar 14, 2011
<quoted text>
FACT: Yes, I came to many of his Masses but I did not come alone, I brought a co-worker with me. Went to the morning Mass about a half dozen times. We sometimes arrived a half hour (not 45 minutes) early because coming from 50 miles away during morning rush hour it's hard to judge so we erred on the side of caution so as not to be late for the Mass. Waited in my car until the janitor unlocked the door and then we went in the chapel. And exactly what kind of sin or crime would that be? Let me know.
FACT: Well, whether or not I was monopolizing Fr. Rick's time after Mass depended on which fr. rick showed up to say the Mass that day. There was one fr. rick who was kind, supportive and happy to see me but heaven help me if the other fr. rick showed up cuz then I was treated as if I were the devil incarnate.
FACT: I have known Fr. rick since 1997 and have walked into his sacristy exactly twice in all that time. Once at st. hy and once at queen of peace.
Why bother defending yourself about this person who is clearly obsessed with you. Obsession is indicative of fear. Thus, the person is afraid of you. I would read that as a compliment. You are not afraid to call a spade a spade; that is shocking behavior to clergy and clearly to the Chancery who are more inclined to spin or more commonly called: lie. So, your writing and speaking the truth scared the poopy out of the little boys and girls and thus they have to try to discredit you in an attempt to make an ad homninem attack instead of simply addressing the truth of the issue. It is an age-old tactic that should give you great satisfaction, Dunkirk, because you have clearly ruffled feathers that have been long overdue for a ruffling!
In Paradisum

Union Point, GA

#37743 Mar 14, 2011
Rest in Peace wrote:
Rest in Peace, Fr. Tony Lutostanski, died over the weekend. What a wonderful priest he was!
God rest this gentleman.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#37744 Mar 14, 2011
CCC wrote:
FACT: YOU are wrong!
This was Anzelm's only mention of "Dunkirk" made from the pulpit at the closing Mass which I carefully transcribed from the audio file on the Corpus Christi website:
"The ladies from Canada, they can be prophets, they may be saying 'Oh no, not me Father,' or even maybe somebody from Dunkirk, and we have some from Buffalo, bravo!"
And those (more than a few!) who knew exactly what he truly thought of you and your trouble-making which he squashed at the beginning knew that's why he very carefully made fun of you!
Nor did he say anything including "Dunkirk" or "two Dunkirk people" in his closing remarks!
So where did he make mention of "two Dunkirk people"?
<quoted text>
Okay, so maybe he didn't say TWO Dunkirk people. I was winging what he said which was quite a while back. Apparently I wasn't obsessed enough with him to "carefully" transcribe his last Mass. I never said anything about his closing remarks. He thanked us personally at the door, Brainiac.Since you seem to know everything about Corpus Christi, maybe you can solve this mystery. Some Corpus Christi parishioners are still wondering who is the father of the baby born to that lonely, single misguided chick they told me lived with her mama, had no boyfriend, was never even seen with a guy, hung around Corpus Christi all the time volunteering for everything from A to Z and then one day mysteriously turns up pregnant. I would venture to this day many are still dying to know who the father is. A phantom lover, imagine that! So since you seem to know it all, maybe you could enlighten all of us as to who fathered that baby and why that woman, who must be in her 30s now and probably still living with mama, ended up leaving Corpus Christi which was her home away from home.
CCC

Buffalo, NY

#37745 Mar 14, 2011
I had to listen to the homily and his closing remarks and wrote down exactly what he said - what you lied about.

I noticed that you didn't bother responding to the truth!

And the woman in question's boyfriend who's not religious (I've seen them together outside of CC), she had a disagreement with someone in the parish which is why she left, but came back over a year ago - so try again. Not that it's any of your business, Mary Ann.
<quoted text>
Okay, so maybe he didn't say TWO Dunkirk people. I was winging what he said which was quite a while back. Apparently I wasn't obsessed enough with him to "carefully" transcribe his last Mass. I never said anything about his closing remarks. He thanked us personally at the door, Brainiac.Since you seem to know everything about Corpus Christi, maybe you can solve this mystery. Some Corpus Christi parishioners are still wondering who is the father of the baby born to that lonely, single misguided chick they told me lived with her mama, had no boyfriend, was never even seen with a guy, hung around Corpus Christi all the time volunteering for everything from A to Z and then one day mysteriously turns up pregnant. I would venture to this day many are still dying to know who the father is. A phantom lover, imagine that! So since you seem to know it all, maybe you could enlighten all of us as to who fathered that baby and why that woman, who must be in her 30s now and probably still living with mama, ended up leaving Corpus Christi which was her home away from home.
Dunkirk Dupa

AOL

#37746 Mar 14, 2011
<quoted text>
WOW!!! That's all I can say. I go away to sunny Orlando for a nice vacation and come back to this crapola. Fasten your seatbelts, folks, I'm about to enlighten this so called truth-seeking blogger to the real facts.
Were you at Disney World for Gay Days with your daughter?
Traditional Cleric

AOL

#37747 Mar 14, 2011
<quoted text>
FACT:Nothing called a restraining order was ever issued to me by anyone. And certainly not by Fr. Rick, you silly fool. Judges issue restraining orders, not priests.
FACT: Fr. Rick did not "ask" to leave Dunkirk.an angry mob of St. Hyacinth parishioners rode him out of town on a rail, in a manner of speaking. And it is obvious he has never forgiven any of us, even the few who asked his forgiveness. Another priest told me fr. Rick never refers to st. hyacinth's by name; only calls it the "Synagogue of Satan." And if you look at the st. josaphat website, you will see there is no mention in his bio of him being pastor of st hy from 1997-98. Like he never was there but instead spent that year at his previous parish.
Fr Rich comes off as a Tridentine traditionalist with such anti semitic comments. He must realy like the word perfidipous.
Daddy

AOL

#37748 Mar 14, 2011
<quoted text>
Are you saying Fr Anzelm was the father? No wonder he left town.
Lavender Lover

AOL

#37749 Mar 14, 2011
I like it when Dunkirk Doublewide Dupa shows up on here. She livens things up. I await her comments on Bialkowski. Do you think she will drive up to Buffalo to visit him. Any chance she might storm the chancery in protest?
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#37750 Mar 14, 2011
CCC wrote:
And the woman in question's boyfriend who's not religious (I've seen them together outside of CC), she had a disagreement with someone in the parish which is why she left, but came back over a year ago - so try again. Not that it's any of your business, Mary Ann.
<quoted text>
Well, not so much my business but rather that of many longstanding CC parishioners who had their own guessing game going as to who fathered that baby.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#37751 Mar 14, 2011
Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying Fr Anzelm was the father? No wonder he left town.
No, I'm not saying that. I have no idea who her phantom lover was.
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#37752 Mar 14, 2011
Lavender Lover wrote:
I like it when Dunkirk Doublewide Dupa shows up on here. She livens things up. I await her comments on Bialkowski. Do you think she will drive up to Buffalo to visit him. Any chance she might storm the chancery in protest?
Who knows? Maybe I'll ask Bill Parks to put up a website devoted strictly to lavenders and their lovers. Now that would be a hoot!
Yippity, skippity doo!!!
Fr Toni RIP

Buffalo, NY

#37753 Mar 14, 2011
Just heard that Fr. Antoni Lutostanski from St John Kanty passed away, he had just moved to Jacksonville, Florida a few days ago to try to build up his health again. A truly holy and caring priest. May he rest in peace!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYC to Change ID Rules for Transgendered (Nov '06) 3 hr C Kersey 28
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 10 hr The Guy Nextdoor 2,178
News RBJ Snap Poll: Plurality disagrees with Trump o... Wed perfect eats dix 5
News NYRI official: project could lead to more upsta... (Feb '07) Aug 14 Hot air 3
News Hillary Clinton wants to be a lay preacher. Her... Aug 13 Cordwainer Trout 7
News The Latest: Trump tweets back at 'Morning Joe' Aug 13 NymeriaStark 12
News Reporters were 'reluctant' to cover the Bill Cl... Aug 12 supremeliberal 2
More from around the web