Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 1,781)

Showing posts 35,601 - 35,620 of58,525
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Attention SJG Parishioner

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, perhaps I missed it, but what is the allegation being made against Fr. David? Could someone please spell it out?
We know that from what we've been able to research that there are no charges filed or police involvement. According to what we are told if any laws were broken the Diocese would have been obligated to report the matter to the authorities.

Most of what we know is what the three troublemakers have called to tell people.
Clueless Karen

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Tell Clueless Karen to mind her own business. I know she is the person behind all these protests for Mr. Wonderful. Karen and Lavern are the president and vice president of the Mr. Wonderful Fan Club. Tell Clueless to go marry another old man for his money.
Listen carefully

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Attention SJG Parishioner wrote:
I just spoke to our canon lawyer. He stressed to me that Bishop Kmiec has a right not to renew a pastor once the term has expired. That is not the legal issue. The issue would center around Father's status as a functioning priest. There would also be concern as to how the allegation has been handled. He referenced a "charter" which Bishop's must follow. I let the lawyer know that our concern is for Father David's ability to function as a priest without limitation.
If there is any other pastor in the diocese serving more than two or three terms (whatever the limit is) there is a loophole in the administration of the term limit protocol. If the term was not renewed for David it should be the same across the board.

If David was suspended, it follows that he cannot function. Suspension might be the key issue. The reason for the suspension, if he is suspended, could be nearly anything - not just an "allegation."

If an allegation, then the Charter must be followed.

What is more concerning is if, in fact, LiPuma is giving out information pursuant to personnel matters.

Kmiec has a right not to renew a term. But did he not renew a term or did he remove a pastor?
Listen carefully 2

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
We know that from what we've been able to research that there are no charges filed or police involvement. According to what we are told if any laws were broken the Diocese would have been obligated to report the matter to the authorities.
Most of what we know is what the three troublemakers have called to tell people.
An allegation of impropriety is not necessarily criminal and thus would not necessarily have to be reported.

Example: If a priest has a homosexual relationship or heterosexual relationship (sexual or otherwise) with an adult or if a priest was caught going to gay bars or female strip clubs. These would be internally handled situations that may result in suspension or another penalty but not reported to civil authorities.
Clueless Karen

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

This is all because Clueless Karen and Lavern want baby back. Sure he has a million dollars in the bank. Clueless, her mother and best friend Lavern put that money there to make baby look good. They have all these people behind them because the parish is nuts and needs to be closed. Tick tock
Nota Bene

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Bishop Grosz was telling another priest about Bialkowski. This guy said he couldn't figure out what Bialkowski did that was wrong. All of it sounded like hearsay.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ok, so what have they told the people that tehy have called?
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

When U ASSume wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct first & last name, but different middle initial.
This David that you mention is 62 has a wife named Patricia who is 61 and they two children Jeffrey and Sandy living at the address.
When you don't know something for sure.........it's best to do your homework before you speak/write.
SHOCKED! I am SHOCKED to see that there is misinformation on this blog!
Very concerned

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

These postings naming individuals has got to stop, now. None of you knows the damage you are doing to people's reputations and lives. It's very sad to read these vindictive postings by people who are much too consumed by personal hatred for others. This is hardly a christian attitude. The problems the Catholic Church faces are many, but it doesn't help to air this filth to everyone on the internet. You people are way off base on some of these topics, nor are you aware of the truth, as the diocese is. This forum has been notified of these libelous postings and they had better be removed immediately.
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Very concerned wrote:
These postings naming individuals has got to stop, now. None of you knows the damage you are doing to people's reputations and lives. It's very sad to read these vindictive postings by people who are much too consumed by personal hatred for others. This is hardly a christian attitude. The problems the Catholic Church faces are many, but it doesn't help to air this filth to everyone on the internet. You people are way off base on some of these topics, nor are you aware of the truth, as the diocese is. This forum has been notified of these libelous postings and they had better be removed immediately.
Go blow it out your ear!

How much do you want to bet that those comments stay right where they are?

Who do you think you be?
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
SHOCKED! I am SHOCKED to see that there is misinformation on this blog!
I know, some things are like listening to a priest on Sunday.
Judge Judy

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Very concerned wrote:
These hated posters have no idea who or what they are dealing with. Notice nothing has been said about all of the ones from SJG who have written these horrible things about individuals and also notice they have not retaliated in any way shape or form only ASSUME WITHOUT ANY PROOF that who are behind these posts are who they are.

Read the warning. STOP NOW!
Very concerned

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Anonymous: I am a concerned citizen protecting another citizen's rights. Just because this is an open forum, doesn't give others legal permission to libel others. Keep it up and this vehicle for airing your views will end. Seems to me you have nothing better to do.
Wadowiceguy

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Very concerned wrote:
Anonymous: I am a concerned citizen protecting another citizen's rights. Just because this is an open forum, doesn't give others legal permission to libel others. Keep it up and this vehicle for airing your views will end. Seems to me you have nothing better to do.
You are right. But a good deal of the gossip and supicion on this site is due to the lack of openness and straight forward information coming from 795 Main Street.
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Very concerned wrote:
Nobody died and put you in charge as hall monitor. Your threats are quite laughable. If it makes you feel tough, you just go on pretending that you can fulfill your threats. LOL!
Very concerned

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody died and put you in charge as hall monitor. Your threats are quite laughable. If it makes you feel tough, you just go on pretending that you can fulfill your threats. LOL!
I already have. Some people do the right thing.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Judged:

Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
These hated posters have no idea who or what they are dealing with. Notice nothing has been said about all of the ones from SJG who have written these horrible things about individuals and also notice they have not retaliated in any way shape or form only ASSUME WITHOUT ANY PROOF that who are behind these posts are who they are.
Read the warning. STOP NOW!
I haven't seen any names; I don't know what you mean. If you feel guilty, don't blame anyone else. You must accept responsibility for your actions. When you roll in the mudd, don't complain when your clothes get dirty.
Very concerned

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not threatening anyone. Just informing. The terms of service of this forum only protect the hosting site. It does not protect the individual posters from legal prosecution from attacks on members of the public. The people that own this site have the right to delete or censor any postings and I already informed them of several that need to be deleted.
You know NOTHING

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any names; I don't know what you mean. If you feel guilty, don't blame anyone else. You must accept responsibility for your actions. When you roll in the mudd, don't complain when your clothes get dirty.
I will repeat myself again. Stop the posts or else!
From Garden Grove

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

Clueless was married to an old fart named Ted. They were about 32 years apart. Angeline was a whole other story. Are my contacts good clueless?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 35,601 - 35,620 of58,525
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••