Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61080 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#34822 Sep 11, 2010
Any insight to wrote:
People are trying to understand why Fr. Joe Rogliano is leaving 14 Holy Helpers Church. Not so much because they will miss him, but because it happened so fast. Before the usual 6 years (I think he was in his 4th or 5th). Does anybody have any insight to this? He said it was his choice, but he could hardly turn the Bishop down.
He doesn't have to present a reason. Maybe things weren't turning out the way he wanted and needed a change.
Claire

Buffalo, NY

#34823 Sep 11, 2010
Any insight to wrote:
People are trying to understand why Fr. Joe Rogliano is leaving 14 Holy Helpers Church. Not so much because they will miss him, but because it happened so fast. Before the usual 6 years (I think he was in his 4th or 5th). Does anybody have any insight to this? He said it was his choice, but he could hardly turn the Bishop down.
It is not so unusual for a priest to leave a parish after four or five years,so why are you making an issue out of it. There is a situation, two newly linked parishes, that need someone to take them through what probably will be a tirbulant time and both he and the Bishop feel he would be someone who could handle what needs to be done.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#34824 Sep 12, 2010
Any insight to wrote:
That's correct. The bishop reached out and asked him to do this. His original term may have been for six years, but the actually appointment letter reads more like "or until a subsequent appointment is received." So, he received a subsequent appointment.
Greetings

Naples, Italy

#34825 Sep 12, 2010
It is interesting to read of Buffalo!
Bill

Fishers, NY

#34826 Sep 12, 2010
No the ignorance is yours! Even Jesus went into the synagogue to pray. Since I see your are ignorant of Scripture I'd be glad to cite several more examples that even Jesus and His followers prayed at what you call "Organized Religion"
Please, if you are going to talk about this topic have at least common sense and some basic knowledge of it.
Or perhaps your an Atheist....That explains your lack of content!
faith wrote:
<quoted text>
One can "practice" faith very well without ever entering the realm of organized religion.
You spout ignorance as though it were truth.
Learn, think and then speak.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#34827 Sep 12, 2010
Greetings wrote:
It is interesting to read of Buffalo!
Infatti devi sapere che qui sono quelle pettegole con niente da fare ma crescere le menzogne.
What he said

AOL

#34828 Sep 12, 2010
Bill wrote:
No the ignorance is yours! Even Jesus went into the synagogue to pray. Since I see your are ignorant of Scripture I'd be glad to cite several more examples that even Jesus and His followers prayed at what you call "Organized Religion"
Please, if you are going to talk about this topic have at least common sense and some basic knowledge of it.
Or perhaps your an Atheist....That explains your lack of content!
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "When you pray, go to your room, shut the door and your hevaenly Father who sees what you do in secret will hear you..."

He went to synagogue as good Jew. Are you a Jew now? He did that so that he could establish a new covenant and fulfill the law.

Sheesh, get a book about theology before you comment.
What he said

AOL

#34829 Sep 12, 2010
Any insight to wrote:
Read back some....

Joe said that he would go IF the bishop asked him.

It was posted way before the announcement was ever made and was revealed on this blog before the announcement.

So,the explanation is easy - Joe was asked by the bishop.

Now, what is going to be rather interesting is which chancery bigwigs will get parishes...

Kimmie was to reward the arse kissers!
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#34830 Sep 12, 2010
If Fr. Simon is looking to bring down Corpus Christi (and it certainly appears that way) then he should hire Krysa to say the Polish Masses. Simon may accomplish his goal in half the time.
Bill

Fishers, NY

#34831 Sep 12, 2010
Since this conversation is going no where fast...pointless as a matter of fact...I am going to terminate your little tit for tat.

I would turn this over to my 12 year old since you seem to be on his level of discussion; No... he for sure knows more about the Faith (that's with a capital meaning Catholic Faith...sorry but I had to spell it out for you) than you do.

Oh, by the way I did attend Father Simon's Mass this morning and he was great! I intend to invite 2 neighbors of mine for his next homily.
You can view it at: http://corpuschristibuffalo.org/site/

Tell your mommy and daddy to drive you to church next Sunday o.k little boy....or...little girl...or whatever you are!
What he said wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "When you pray, go to your room, shut the door and your hevaenly Father who sees what you do in secret will hear you..."
He went to synagogue as good Jew. Are you a Jew now? He did that so that he could establish a new covenant and fulfill the law.
Sheesh, get a book about theology before you comment.
Rosie

Rochester, NY

#34832 Sep 12, 2010
Bill wrote:
Since this conversation is going no where fast...pointless as a matter of fact...I am going to terminate your little tit for tat.
I would turn this over to my 12 year old since you seem to be on his level of discussion; No... he for sure knows more about the Faith (that's with a capital meaning Catholic Faith...sorry but I had to spell it out for you) than you do.
Oh, by the way I did attend Father Simon's Mass this morning and he was great! I intend to invite 2 neighbors of mine for his next homily.
You can view it at: http://corpuschristibuffalo.org/site/
Tell your mommy and daddy to drive you to church next Sunday o.k little boy....or...little girl...or whatever you are!
<quoted text>
Thank You Bill> I too heard the homily in church. It was great! Maybe some of these people will have their eyes opened if they listen on line.
Maestro

United States

#34833 Sep 12, 2010
I also attended the Mass this am at Corpus Christi.
I agree, It was very good! Some brand new thoughts were offered and some sides of the attendance, and Mass worship issue were also discussed that I have never thought of before.

I liked it, and I felt welcome there.

This place is not closing, it is growing. And with this way of thinking, and with someone who is not afraid to touch on these issues it will grow even more. The most important reason to come to Church is Eucharist!
Amen.
Retarded Polish Mooch

Lockport, NY

#34834 Sep 12, 2010
AmPol wrote:
<quoted text>
Infatti devi sapere che qui sono quelle pettegole con niente da fare ma crescere le menzogne.
Hi dere, dis is Jimmy,

You must be talk it high brows Polish. I dunt fingers it out.
Talk it dat dere AmPol talk watt you say it at bowlink alley.

You must be it dat dere highest classy Polack from dat Elma or West Seneca. Come it down to ert and speak it watt regular Polack speak it.

Bye Bye
I talk by you later
Jimmy
Rosie

Rochester, NY

#34835 Sep 12, 2010
Maestro wrote:
I agree, It was very good! Some brand new thoughts were offered and some sides of the attendance, and Mass worship issue were also discussed that I have never thought of before.
This place is not closing, it is growing. And with this way of thinking, and with someone who is not afraid to touch on these issues it will grow even more. The most important reason to come to Church is Eucharist!
Amen.
YEAH!!!! Finally some good thoughts about the church. Hope this will bring in some of the skeptics.
Donald

Rochester, NY

#34836 Sep 12, 2010
Adj. 1. pissed off - aroused to impatience or anger; "made an irritated gesture"; "feeling nettled from the constant teasing"; "peeved about being left out"; "felt really pissed at her snootiness"; "riled no end by his lies"; "roiled by the delay"
annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, riled, roiled, stung, steamed
displeased - not pleased; experiencing or manifesting displeasure

( Used by millions of people. Clergy do get angry at times also.)

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Beg to differ

AOL

#34837 Sep 12, 2010
Maestro wrote:
Amen.
I beg to differ.

At the meeting regarding the Dozynki, there was discussed that it made some money but the fabric of the parish is being torn apart because of the lack of priestly leadership and the factions (lay) that in-fighting. Attendance is NOT up; in fact, it is down. Masses played via internet, despite how nice, do not pay the bills.

The parish, without a major revision of lay leadership and some real priest leadership is going to fall.
Logic 101

AOL

#34838 Sep 12, 2010
Donald wrote:
Adj. 1. pissed off - aroused to impatience or anger; "made an irritated gesture"; "feeling nettled from the constant teasing"; "peeved about being left out"; "felt really pissed at her snootiness"; "riled no end by his lies"; "roiled by the delay"
annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, riled, roiled, stung, steamed
displeased - not pleased; experiencing or manifesting displeasure
( Used by millions of people. Clergy do get angry at times also.)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.© 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
So because clergy get angry sometimes we are to believe it is fine for them to use vulgar language?

They also get horny at times; would that make it ok to grab a kid?
Logic 101

AOL

#34839 Sep 12, 2010
The Oxford notes that the word "piss" is taboo or slang. Also keep in mind that the first definition of "piss" is to urinate, so you can see how the derivative phrase could be regarded as unpleasant. They are often associated with anger and vulgar language (at least in American culture).

Thus it follows that Simon posted vulgar language on the website, in the text of a flyer. At least, it is inappropriate for a man that is a religious priest and allegedly so close to Our Lady.
Empty Pews

United States

#34840 Sep 12, 2010
I think "Maestro" is Bruce Woody who often calls himself or is called Maestro. Plus this just sounds like him.
Maestro wrote:
Amen.
LOL

Dunkirk, NY

#34841 Sep 12, 2010
Empty Pews wrote:
I think "Maestro" is Bruce Woody who often calls himself or is called Maestro. Plus this just sounds like him.
<quoted text>
Maestro? From where? what degree does he hold? Let's compare him to say, Witakowski, or Kowtalo, or Lukaszewski. Those are real musicians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor of London Boris Johnson meets Hillary Cli... (Feb '15) Wed African Billionaire 23
News Sen. Elizabeth Warren Being Vetted for Hillary ... Tue Swedenforever 10
New York nuke plant leaks oil, causing Lake Ont... Jun 27 sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard Investigates Sheen in Lake Ontario Jun 27 sounds safe eh 1
News Arizona says it has run out of drugs for execut... Jun 26 Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News new Police find heroin mill behind NYC candy sh... Jun 24 Wholly Silicon Wafer 10
News .com | Trump hails Brexit vote on visit to Scot... Jun 24 tomin cali 1
More from around the web