Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60839 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

APPLAUD

Buffalo, NY

#34699 Sep 2, 2010
Tragic paragraph wrote:
<quoted text>
This letter from your pastor is tragic on several levels.
First he brings the entire thing back to HIMSELF. It is all about HIM after all, isn't it?
It is "good to be home" but from WHERE? He never tells those who he says he LOVES so much. Is this love? I don't think so. It is manipulation, not love. Love is truth. Love is honestly. Love does not conceal the truth.
He goes on to talk about HIS anniversary (keep those cards and checks coming!). It is all about HIM, after all, isn't it?
The oddest most telling line is this : "I think the greatest
blessing of the priesthood is how as a priest you are given a
front row seat in the drama of people’s lives"
Shouldn't the greatest blessing be bringing Jesus to the people you serve in the Eucharist? Anyone can have a front row seat in the DRAMA of people's lives, yet only the priest can bring Christ in the Eucharist to them. Priorities!!! Rather have DRAMA than JESUS? Perhaps drama is more interesting?
The question remains" Where were you Father Biakowski? If you claim you love your flock be honest. People are expected to bare their sould and lives to you so you can ebjoy the DRAMA in your front row seat, but what about YOU being honest and giving people a front row seat in YOUR life?
You don't LOVE your people. If you did you would be honest about so much including where you've been. Instead your attempt at pious drivel just confirms so much of what has been suspected.
How is Father Kaukus, by the way?
Very well written. You hit the nail on the head in most of your comments. It IS all about him, and they treated this like a slap on the wrist.

And now he is back, to a buffet of altar servers. YUM!
The Real Thing

Niagara Falls, NY

#34700 Sep 2, 2010
Joe Rogliano announces to his people on Sunday that he's moving to St. Mark's in Buffalo.
Sick to my stomach

Buffalo, NY

#34701 Sep 2, 2010
Slap in the Face to All wrote:
For those of you who had faith that the diocese would do the right thing,
NOTES FROM THE PASTOR
&#1048729; “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” means the time
you spend away from the one you love makes you love that
person even more. These words certainly apply to my
feelings for all of you as I return to the helm of spiritual
leadership in our wonderful community of faith. It is so
good to be home! Thank you for all your prayers and
concern. This coming Friday - September 10 - I will give
thanks to the Lord for twenty-two years of priesthood –
fifteen of which we have shared together. Where has the
time gone! Even though the priesthood is often maligned
from various godless segments of society, I am grateful to
God for allowing me to share in the eternal priesthood of
His Son, Jesus Christ. This anniversary makes me feel
more grateful than ever before! I think the greatest
front row seat in the drama of people’s lives. Indeed, it is
this fact which makes it such a truly wonderful life! Let us
pray more fervently for priestly vocations, especially from
our parish and our families.
Haha on all of you, SJG is laughing in your face.
Unbelievable. It is always the same with him ... "I did this for the Church", "I spent my personal time doing this ....". Who cares .. you are supposed to, just like everyone else. People are right, bare your soul just like you expect your "flock" to. After all, without your flock, there would be no Church. And a promotion, I think not. You just do not go away for 4 months to "study". It doesn't work that way. It takes years to become a Bishop. I will leave my comments at that.
Expiration Date

AOL

#34702 Sep 2, 2010
Kmiec is approaching his expiration date so he is setting up his arse kissers.

Lipuma needs a secure place because the next bishop will have no use for him. He made too many enemies being the Little Prince under Eddie K. Bobby C and Eddie K will see he is safely ensconced.

The rest? Well, they'll get their positions on the right and left hand of the Father too.

Grosz? If he thinks he is going to be the next bishop of Buffalo he is in left field.

Joe Rog, closer to the gym at St. Mark's.

Dolinic has had it and will pass on the keys to some other at OLC.

Watch the set-ups. Eddie knows his expiration date approacheth....
How Soon

Buffalo, NY

#34703 Sep 2, 2010
Expiration Date wrote:
Lipuma needs a secure place because the next bishop will have no use for him. He made too many enemies being the Little Prince under Eddie K. Bobby C and Eddie K will see he is safely ensconced.
The rest? Well, they'll get their positions on the right and left hand of the Father too.
Grosz? If he thinks he is going to be the next bishop of Buffalo he is in left field.
How soon is the expiration date?
Expiration Date

AOL

#34704 Sep 2, 2010
June 4

UNLESS he gets to retire early for health reasons

He wants out
JoJO

AOL

#34705 Sep 2, 2010
The Real Thing wrote:
Joe Rogliano announces to his people on Sunday that he's moving to St. Mark's in Buffalo.
I heard he wasn't going to St/ Mar's unless the bishop asked him.

So, if he is going, the bishop must have asked him.
I am B

Buffalo, NY

#34706 Sep 2, 2010
Slap in the Face to All wrote:
For those of you who had faith that the diocese would do the right thing,
NOTES FROM THE PASTOR
&#1048729; “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” means the time
you spend away from the one you love makes you love that
person even more. These words certainly apply to my
feelings for all of you as I return to the helm of spiritual
leadership in our wonderful community of faith. It is so
good to be home! Thank you for all your prayers and
concern. This coming Friday - September 10 - I will give
thanks to the Lord for twenty-two years of priesthood –
fifteen of which we have shared together. Where has the
time gone! Even though the priesthood is often maligned
from various godless segments of society, I am grateful to
God for allowing me to share in the eternal priesthood of
His Son, Jesus Christ. This anniversary makes me feel
more grateful than ever before! I think the greatest
front row seat in the drama of people’s lives. Indeed, it is
this fact which makes it such a truly wonderful life! Let us
pray more fervently for priestly vocations, especially from
our parish and our families.
Haha on all of you, SJG is laughing in your face.
The thing that is most obvious to me is his defence of the attack on priests by the godless segments of society. No, not really! We just can't stand what the priests seem to be about in this generation. Me, Money, Vacations and the Good Life. It is once again typical to deflect the deeds that priests are doing by saying that the blame and evil in the world is due to the godless laity. The clerics sure have their share of the blame. Oh all you bad godless people, how about $22 in an envelope for my anniversary. And let us pray for more vocations from our communities, that will happen when present lead by example. Smoke and Mirrors!
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#34707 Sep 2, 2010
Expiration Date wrote:
Why has Louie had it? Is he ill? I certainly hope not.
Agreed

Rochester, NY

#34708 Sep 2, 2010
I am B wrote:
<quoted text> The thing that is most obvious to me is his defence of the attack on priests by the godless segments of society. No, not really! We just can't stand what the priests seem to be about in this generation. Me, Money, Vacations and the Good Life. It is once again typical to deflect the deeds that priests are doing by saying that the blame and evil in the world is due to the godless laity. The clerics sure have their share of the blame. Oh all you bad godless people, how about $22 in an envelope for my anniversary. And let us pray for more vocations from our communities, that will happen when present lead by example. Smoke and Mirrors!
I am willing to bet Lavern Paid someone off to keep him there.
SUPER CURIOUS

Lockport, NY

#34709 Sep 2, 2010
JoJO wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he wasn't going to St/ Mar's unless the bishop asked him.
So, if he is going, the bishop must have asked him.
Please is he going or not? Thanks!
The Real Thing

Niagara Falls, NY

#34710 Sep 3, 2010
SUPER CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Please is he going or not? Thanks!
Of course he's going. The bishop didn't "ask" him. Joe applied for it just as any priest could have.
grapevine

AOL

#34711 Sep 3, 2010
The Real Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he's going. The bishop didn't "ask" him. Joe applied for it just as any priest could have.
Thats not how she is telling the story
The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#34712 Sep 3, 2010
Tragic paragraph wrote:
<quoted text>
This letter from your pastor is tragic on several levels.
First he brings the entire thing back to HIMSELF. It is all about HIM after all, isn't it?
It is "good to be home" but from WHERE? He never tells those who he says he LOVES so much. Is this love? I don't think so. It is manipulation, not love. Love is truth. Love is honestly. Love does not conceal the truth.
He goes on to talk about HIS anniversary (keep those cards and checks coming!). It is all about HIM, after all, isn't it?
The oddest most telling line is this : "I think the greatest
front row seat in the drama of people’s lives"
Shouldn't the greatest blessing be bringing Jesus to the people you serve in the Eucharist? Anyone can have a front row seat in the DRAMA of people's lives, yet only the priest can bring Christ in the Eucharist to them. Priorities!!! Rather have DRAMA than JESUS? Perhaps drama is more interesting?
The question remains" Where were you Father Biakowski? If you claim you love your flock be honest. People are expected to bare their sould and lives to you so you can ebjoy the DRAMA in your front row seat, but what about YOU being honest and giving people a front row seat in YOUR life?
You don't LOVE your people. If you did you would be honest about so much including where you've been. Instead your attempt at pious drivel just confirms so much of what has been suspected.
How is Father Kaukus, by the way?
Maybe Fr. David intends to explain his absence from the pulpit this weekend. That certainly would be the proper forum -- not the bulletin.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#34713 Sep 3, 2010
The Real Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
He did NOT apply. He was invited to consider it. He considered it and made a decision. I guess if what's here is correct we will hear on the weekend.
News Travels Fast

Buffalo, NY

#34714 Sep 3, 2010
Apparently David is not going to be back for this weekend's Masses. A priest I know told me that SJG was calling around looking for substitutes to say Mass.
Mac

Buffalo, NY

#34715 Sep 3, 2010
Maybe Blessed John will get lucky and their Pastor will apply for 14HH.
East Side Reporter

AOL

#34716 Sep 4, 2010
and if fr rogliano leaves as reported, any idea who is going to be the new pastor? Should be a desirable parish? why would he want to leave there anyway?
The Real Thing

Niagara Falls, NY

#34717 Sep 4, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He did NOT apply. He was invited to consider it. He considered it and made a decision. I guess if what's here is correct we will hear on the weekend.
All priests were "invited" to consider St. MArk's/St. Rose. Then, some applied.
The Real Thing

Niagara Falls, NY

#34718 Sep 4, 2010
East Side Reporter wrote:
and if fr rogliano leaves as reported, any idea who is going to be the new pastor? Should be a desirable parish? why would he want to leave there anyway?
If Fr. Joe leaves, the parish would be posted and any priest could apply. Doubtful that direct appointment would be used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witnesses List Another Brooklyn Heigh... 1 hr Caciques a liar 7
News Today in history: Hitler commits suicide (Apr '15) 21 hr Phil 30
News Today in history: 'Houston, we've got a problem' Fri Three Days 1
kelly ripa has ruined michael strahan (Mar '13) Thu Hhgdttfrtcrg13366 98
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 Apr 26 Zeke the Pinhead 64
The eruption of the volcano was Japan's conspir... (Nov '08) Apr 26 fukuda 12
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) Apr 25 Meroche4 82
More from around the web