Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61692 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Wake Up

Bowmansville, NY

#32311 Apr 13, 2010
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We had a situation in our church a few years back where the organist and the priest did not get along. The parishioners did not like the way she played and sang and would bash her every week for it. This is what I saw in our church every week.
This unjust banter about the outstanding organist at SJG is just one more example of what is wrong with Christians today and the priests who have failed to lead them. If the pastor, Fr. Bialkowski at SJG wanted to stop the gossip rather than encourage it, he would never have manipulated the truth of the resignation or the original effective date. The organist found a new daytime job that requires weekend hours. This priest has a disturbing history of destroying people's reputations in that parish to advance his own agenda.

If the rumors are true about his leaving, I hope and pray that Fr. Poblocki is given SJG.He is a true priest with Christ as the true model for his life.

No acting as the sly "gioia mia" to separate the widows and their money there.
Hard

AOL

#32312 Apr 13, 2010
Website Down wrote:
St John Gualbert website is down
What is going on?
Does that mean Bialkowska can't get it up anymore?
LordHelp Us

Bowmansville, NY

#32313 Apr 13, 2010
Zsa Zsa wrote:
I cant take this anymore. I am in love with our Polish Prince of Saint Gualbert. There is no other priest who is more reverant than he. I attend all his masses and his beautiful devotions. They are just as lovely as he. He sings so wonderfully and his holy presence is nothing more than divine. If he were not a priest I would do what I could to save him from his fate.
Mary who unties knots pray for Father David.
If Fr. Bialkowski was true to his vocation and his post-menupausal groupies true to the Faith of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Blessed Mother they pretend to reverence, he wouldn't allow this organist to be slammed by the very congregation he served faithfully for nearly a decade...unless, of course, he is encouraging all this embarrassingly banter.

The organist gave his resignation for May 2nd because of a job opportunity that requires weekend hours.

Zsa Zsa (euphemism for a very obsessed parishioner), pray that Blessed Mother Mary unties the knots in your brain...soon.
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#32314 Apr 13, 2010
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>
This unjust banter about the outstanding organist at SJG is just one more example of what is wrong with Christians today and the priests who have failed to lead them. If the pastor, Fr. Bialkowski at SJG wanted to stop the gossip rather than encourage it, he would never have manipulated the truth of the resignation or the original effective date. The organist found a new daytime job that requires weekend hours. This priest has a disturbing history of destroying people's reputations in that parish to advance his own agenda.
If the rumors are true about his leaving, I hope and pray that Fr. Poblocki is given SJG.He is a true priest with Christ as the true model for his life.
No acting as the sly "gioia mia" to separate the widows and their money there.
I love the word "outstanding" in your comment. Don't get a nose bleed way up there on that high horse of yours. We have a true priest and now we want an organist who will be true to acting like a good person and not one who would be vicious in spreading gossip from pew to pew.

Lots of people get jobs, but it is important to retain a job. One should always act responsible, professional and try to always do what is right. If they do these things they can stand on their own two feet and will not have to be a burden to their families. That would be my advice to anyone who gets a job.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#32315 Apr 13, 2010
For those of us not familiar with SJG, who is Zsa Zsa??????
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#32316 Apr 13, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
For those of us not familiar with SJG, who is Zsa Zsa??????
From what I read here, Zsa Zsa is some sort of administrator/ruler. Zsa Zsa sounds like someone benevolent since it was said Zsa Zsa personally paid for the new stairs. At least we know one thing, this Zsa Zsa won't be "eyeing" the collection. The question will be who will this Zsa Zsa chose to listen to in making decisions. It said Father David is staying, so I assume Zsa Zsa will be handling more day to day things. I for one am glad to hear Zsa Zsa can sing well.
Hail Zsa Zsa

Dunkirk, NY

#32317 Apr 13, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read here, Zsa Zsa is some sort of administrator/ruler. Zsa Zsa sounds like someone benevolent since it was said Zsa Zsa personally paid for the new stairs. At least we know one thing, this Zsa Zsa won't be "eyeing" the collection. The question will be who will this Zsa Zsa chose to listen to in making decisions. It said Father David is staying, so I assume Zsa Zsa will be handling more day to day things. I for one am glad to hear Zsa Zsa can sing well.
o/
Anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#32318 Apr 13, 2010
LordHelp Us wrote:
<quoted text>
If Fr. Bialkowski was true to his vocation and his post-menupausal groupies true to the Faith of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Blessed Mother they pretend to reverence, he wouldn't allow this organist to be slammed by the very congregation he served faithfully for nearly a decade...unless, of course, he is encouraging all this embarrassingly banter.
The organist gave his resignation for May 2nd because of a job opportunity that requires weekend hours.
Zsa Zsa (euphemism for a very obsessed parishioner), pray that Blessed Mother Mary unties the knots in your brain...soon.
Someone sounds touchy (polite euphemism). Sometimes when someone spits up too high, it can come down and hit them in the face. The best way to avoid the embarassment of spit in the face is to not spit.

Now, don't blame poor Father because people have had it with the rumors you've been spreading. People will defend people that they like when they feel someone is treating that person poorly. You've picked on someone who is too nice to stand up for himself, so we've stood up for him.

You seem to criticize a lot of people at the parish and show a lot of animosity toward us. Why is that? I think you need to look at yourself and accept some responsibility. We have always been pretty nice to you.

The only knot that I can see is the one in your stomach from people standing up to you. That's a knot that only you can untie by letting go of your hostility. Stop blaming all of us because you aren't happy with yourself.

Right now, Father is probably at 9 AM praying for you. That's the type of priest he has been. I'd bet he hasn't said anything bad about you to anyone even though you have run from person to person with rumors.
Curious

Dunkirk, NY

#32319 Apr 13, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone sounds touchy (polite euphemism). Sometimes when someone spits up too high, it can come down and hit them in the face. The best way to avoid the embarassment of spit in the face is to not spit.
Now, don't blame poor Father because people have had it with the rumors you've been spreading. People will defend people that they like when they feel someone is treating that person poorly. You've picked on someone who is too nice to stand up for himself, so we've stood up for him.
You seem to criticize a lot of people at the parish and show a lot of animosity toward us. Why is that? I think you need to look at yourself and accept some responsibility. We have always been pretty nice to you.
The only knot that I can see is the one in your stomach from people standing up to you. That's a knot that only you can untie by letting go of your hostility. Stop blaming all of us because you aren't happy with yourself.
Right now, Father is probably at 9 AM praying for you. That's the type of priest he has been. I'd bet he hasn't said anything bad about you to anyone even though you have run from person to person with rumors.
Who are you referring to as "you"?
Press Release

Lancaster, NY

#32320 Apr 13, 2010
Zsa Zsa was in the rectory this morning to address various issues. Zsa Zsa has signed a new policy into Gualberto law. All gossip is strictly forbidden on parish property and when involving the parish even off of the property.

Zsa Zsa has left the rectory and is now meeting with local dignataries. Funding will be secured for new steps throughout Gualbertodom and all Gualbertoites will be happy.
Anon

Dunkirk, NY

#32321 Apr 13, 2010
LordHelp Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post says this organist worked for over a decade at this parish and then up and resigned just like that? Something doesnt make sense. It seems to me there is more to the story than what is being led on. Could it be something is being directed at him to hide something else?
LordHelp Us

Bowmansville, NY

#32322 Apr 13, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Anonymous,

I guarantee your pastor isn't praying for me.
He has a history of defending troublemakers
and covertly destroying the reputation of very decent people who got too close to the truth.

One day when you learn the truth and the WHOLE TRUTH,
I hope you can forgive yourself for your naive perception of your spiritual leader(s) and the unfounded claims you and they have made against the decent people that were once part of the life of that parish.

Maybe then and only then you will realize what spiritual cataracts you all have been living with on Doat and Gualbert Streets...Beautiful building,strange congregation.
Educational Moment

Lancaster, NY

#32323 Apr 13, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Zsa Zsa forbids pronouns when speaking of Zsa Zsa.

Zsa Zsa is always referred to as "Zsa Zsa."

Thank you for reminding me of that important point to make.
I Saw ZSA ZSA

Lancaster, NY

#32324 Apr 13, 2010
Press Release wrote:
Zsa Zsa was in the rectory this morning to address various issues. Zsa Zsa has signed a new policy into Gualberto law. All gossip is strictly forbidden on parish property and when involving the parish even off of the property.
Zsa Zsa has left the rectory and is now meeting with local dignataries. Funding will be secured for new steps throughout Gualbertodom and all Gualbertoites will be happy.
Zsa Zsa was being carried into the rectory on one of those thrones like they carry the Pope on. There were guards with double Z's on their shirts acting as body guards.
Anon

Dunkirk, NY

#32325 Apr 13, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post says this organist worked for over a decade at this parish and then up and resigned just like that? Something doesnt make sense. It seems to me there is more to the story than what is being led on. Could it be something is being directed at him to hide something else?
I agree, this whole topic began at the very beginning about local parish closings. Now it is directed at some obscure organist that no one really cares about. I see these post as misdirect to avoid discussing another matter.
You Never Know

Lancaster, NY

#32326 Apr 13, 2010
LordHelp Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Anonymous,
I guarantee your pastor isn't praying for me.
He has a history of defending troublemakers
and covertly destroying the reputation of very decent people who got too close to the truth.
One day when you learn the truth and the WHOLE TRUTH,
I hope you can forgive yourself for your naive perception of your spiritual leader(s) and the unfounded claims you and they have made against the decent people that were once part of the life of that parish.
Maybe then and only then you will realize what spiritual cataracts you all have been living with on Doat and Gualbert Streets...Beautiful building,strange congregation.
Some people have left for stranger reasons. For all we know the person you are referring might have left to clean his basement. Any crazy notion can be a reason. Sounds silly, but hey. You never know since some people can have messy basements that smell like crap. You just never know what motivates people to do something these days. I know a guy who worked in a job for 26 years and left to go on Jenny Craig. The person became weight conscientious and always worked out in the Gym. A Gym can be good or sometimes bad for people, but you know, you never know.
You Hoo Hello

Lancaster, NY

#32327 Apr 13, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes people can take offense at the word "you." Like when one says "you people." I assure all that "you" was not used here in a way to refer to any minority group or anything like that. My apologies if this seemed offensive to anyone.
Catholic Charities

East Aurora, NY

#32328 Apr 13, 2010
So what happens when a parish has the lowest Cath Char. total in their area? I hear they are next on the chopping block. Money speaks volumes according to the DOB. Low C.C.- chop, chop -- GONE!
Martyrdom

Lancaster, NY

#32329 Apr 13, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, this whole topic began at the very beginning about local parish closings. Now it is directed at some obscure organist that no one really cares about. I see these post as misdirect to avoid discussing another matter.
Don't get carried away, the story is not bigger than the blog. This blog is about a wide variety of things. A lot of folks read it to keep up on what is going on.
Chop Chop

Lancaster, NY

#32330 Apr 13, 2010
Catholic Charities wrote:
So what happens when a parish has the lowest Cath Char. total in their area? I hear they are next on the chopping block. Money speaks volumes according to the DOB. Low C.C.- chop, chop -- GONE!
Looks like most places will be chopped from the figures in the press.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 7 hr Cat Lover 248
anybody ever get carded for a lighter?! (Jul '08) Dec 6 Finc 87
News Trump heads to Long Island for lavish costume p... Dec 5 gwwwThe media 14
News Staten Island Assemblymembers Sue the City Over... Dec 5 Wildchild 1
trump properties worldwide Dec 5 good guy 1
News Trump denounces 'lies and smears' as more women... Dec 5 spud 3,261
fake medical records usl 2 hospitals and doctor... Dec 5 web school 2
More from around the web