Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62320 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

east side reporter

AOL

#30672 Jan 26, 2010
I do wonder if he is happy about the change. Seems content at CC. Do some people really not like him?
Bet if the Polish is not really carried on high, many will defect CC and head straight to St Stans. Fr Ted does well with the polish stuff
east side reporter

AOL

#30673 Jan 26, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd have to take a eucharistic minister training to be sure he still knows how to distribute communion. Also, he'd need Virtus training. He'd also have to learn how to seal and unseal the tamper proof bags. Other than that, all else is unimportant.
is it gresock????
Duh

Tonawanda, NY

#30674 Jan 26, 2010
Hamburg, where are you getting your info. from? "That pastor" is going to Rockville, CT - not Doylestown, PA - whose former pastor just went overseas.

Please hang up and try your call again.
Duh

Tonawanda, NY

#30675 Jan 26, 2010
P.S. This is not a recording. - Kaz from N.T.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#30676 Jan 26, 2010
Father Gresock is a wonderful priest! He'll be a real shot in the arm to the Polish element of the parish.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30677 Jan 26, 2010
priest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that it is a priest who has not been functioning for several years. I understand this priest had left the priesthood, but still remained celibate. Because I don't know first hand, I am reluctant to type his name over the internet. The priest is Polish and was active in Polish affairs.
Was he active in Polish affairs as a priest or after he left?
Father

AOL

#30678 Jan 26, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
Father Gresock is a wonderful priest! He'll be a real shot in the arm to the Polish element of the parish.
Who is Father Gresock? Where has he been? If he is so wonderful how would we know - has it been a long time since he has been active? Why is he not active?
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30679 Jan 26, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
If he in fact is going to Dunkirk, when will the announcement be made?
anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#30680 Jan 26, 2010
Father wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Father Gresock? Where has he been? If he is so wonderful how would we know - has it been a long time since he has been active? Why is he not active?
Is it so hard to understand that some priests or nuns may leave for legitimate reasons (i.e. help a sick/elderly relative, deal with a family matter, etc.)? Not everyone who is gone is gone because they did something wrong.
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#30681 Jan 26, 2010
Monsignor Jerry Sullivan is available now since he was asked to leave Infant of Prague. Perhaps he might be able to go to Dunkirk. I've heard some people believe him to be a fine priest.
east side reporter

AOL

#30682 Jan 26, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
oh yeah!!! guess you must be HIM!!! hangs on to the old ladies.....follows some.....weird......collects their pictures......and good question....if he is SO good...where has he been???? priest shortage....if there were no issues with him, he would be somewhere already
Another Hamburg Catholic

Lockport, NY

#30683 Jan 26, 2010
Isn't Ray Cobin at Infant of Prague?
Question

AOL

#30684 Jan 26, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it so hard to understand that some priests or nuns may leave for legitimate reasons (i.e. help a sick/elderly relative, deal with a family matter, etc.)? Not everyone who is gone is gone because they did something wrong.
I didn't ask about "some." I asked about the one who was being discussed.
bibi

AOL

#30685 Jan 26, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
Monsignor Jerry Sullivan is available now since he was asked to leave Infant of Prague. Perhaps he might be able to go to Dunkirk. I've heard some people believe him to be a fine priest.
Who asked him to leave?
yep

AOL

#30686 Jan 26, 2010
Another Hamburg Catholic wrote:
Isn't Ray Cobin at Infant of Prague?
He loves Lily Tomlin and Provincetown!
anon

Hamburg, NY

#30687 Jan 27, 2010
bibi wrote:
<quoted text>
Who asked him to leave?
I too heard that Fr. Ray asked him to leave because Fr. Ray prefers to live alone. Also, he didn't feel the two were a good match. Poor Fr. Jerry is already gone from the parish and had to move elsewhere.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30688 Jan 27, 2010
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I too heard that Fr. Ray asked him to leave because Fr. Ray prefers to live alone. Also, he didn't feel the two were a good match. Poor Fr. Jerry is already gone from the parish and had to move elsewhere.
Speaking of living elsewhere: Question: If a priest is pastor of a parish and has a perfectly beautiful rectory to live in, why would he live in another former rectory (closed church) a few blocks away? Why?
Babcia

Hamburg, NY

#30689 Jan 27, 2010
My grandmother loved Fr. Gresock!

He honored tradition and was a reverent priest.

She would have loved to hear he was returning.

I thought I heard he was most recently at Holy Trinity in Niagara Falls, but then it closed.

He was supposed to have done a lot of work there and must have been heartbroken to see his efforts wasted.

If St. Hyacinth's gets him, they will be lucky.
anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30690 Jan 27, 2010
Babcia wrote:
My grandmother loved Fr. Gresock!
He honored tradition and was a reverent priest.
She would have loved to hear he was returning.
I thought I heard he was most recently at Holy Trinity in Niagara Falls, but then it closed.
He was supposed to have done a lot of work there and must have been heartbroken to see his efforts wasted.
If St. Hyacinth's gets him, they will be lucky.
I hope it's true. I would love to see him return.
Perplexed

East Aurora, NY

#30691 Jan 27, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of living elsewhere: Question: If a priest is pastor of a parish and has a perfectly beautiful rectory to live in, why would he live in another former rectory (closed church) a few blocks away? Why?
More important question - why is he allowed to live there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 1 hr Squach 1,270
News The SNL Season Finale Included Dwayne Johnson M... May 21 Geezer 1
News Natural gas production rises in West Virginia, ... May 21 Sigma 2
News 24 individuals indicted for possessing material... (Jun '12) May 19 upchuck 21
Trump leaks classfied info from israel to the r... May 16 impeachtrumpnow 1
News Conservative publisher Andrew Breitbart dies in... (Mar '12) May 15 swedenforever 518
News a Ia ve got nothing to hidea : Fox Newsa Shepar... May 15 Theocraencyclical 3
More from around the web