Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62103 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

The Dunkirk Connection

Buffalo, NY

#30652 Jan 25, 2010
I just discovered a blog on Father Krysa. Don't know who any of the posters are but you can access it by googling Dunkirk Forum. The second post is quite interesting if it's true, but not sure which priest he means.
Woodwork

AOL

#30653 Jan 25, 2010
priest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that it is a priest who has not been functioning for several years. I understand this priest had left the priesthood, but still remained celibate. Because I don't know first hand, I am reluctant to type his name over the internet. The priest is Polish and was active in Polish affairs.
That can of worms will not be opened if the diocese has an ounce of sense left.

If it opened it will be most amusing to watch.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30654 Jan 25, 2010
Woodwork wrote:
<quoted text>
That can of worms will not be opened if the diocese has an ounce of sense left.
If it opened it will be most amusing to watch.
Is it the name that was mentioned on here before?
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30655 Jan 25, 2010
priest wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that it is a priest who has not been functioning for several years. I understand this priest had left the priesthood, but still remained celibate. Because I don't know first hand, I am reluctant to type his name over the internet. The priest is Polish and was active in Polish affairs.
Is he still in the Buffalo area?
Quien sabes

AOL

#30656 Jan 25, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows. Maybe he is in Florida with Edwin Kaukus!
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30657 Jan 25, 2010
Quien sabes wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows. Maybe he is in Florida with Edwin Kaukus!
Who are talking about?
Jim

Hamburg, NY

#30658 Jan 25, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I too have heard this rumor from a friend of mine who is a priest.

How could someone who left be allowed to just come back?

It doesn't sound like he made a committment.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30659 Jan 25, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
If he has been gone for so long, how would he ever be able to handle 2 parishes? If you are talking about the same person I am thinking of, I really don't see it happening. On the other hand, the diocese has done some strange things.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#30660 Jan 25, 2010
The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
So how did we get off track? Does anybody out there actually know who the next priest for Dunkirk is or is it all pure speculation? I'll be the first to admit I don't know -- haven't a clue.
No priest will apply -- that's why it's taking so long. Look in the mirror to see why.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30661 Jan 25, 2010
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Does he want to come back or is he being forced to come back?
Anonymous

Hamburg, NY

#30662 Jan 25, 2010
Well, they certainly couldn't "force" back someone who left.
Stash

AOL

#30663 Jan 25, 2010
so did chalupka want to leave??? anyone know his feelings on this transfer???? and to yonkers???/ what is that all about??? not a promotion i would think!!
Stash

AOL

#30664 Jan 25, 2010
just listened to his announcement...says that some will be sad and some will be glad that i am leaving....anyone know anything about that??? sounds like he doesnt have all friends at corpus christi
wrong angle

AOL

#30665 Jan 25, 2010
Stash wrote:
so did chalupka want to leave??? anyone know his feelings on this transfer???? and to yonkers???/ what is that all about??? not a promotion i would think!!
Service to the people of God is not a matter of promotion; it is a metter of going where sent by legitimate superiors where one's gifts and talents can be most used at the service of God's people.

This is, of course, a concept not to overwhelmingly espoused by diocesan priests, I guess. Always looking for the titles and better parishes. But not for these men. They are ordained and live to serve. The reason everyone looks for fault and covert motive is because they such a counter-sign to the ego-driven, selfish, corporate climbing clergy that are in front of us all too often.
penny

AOL

#30666 Jan 25, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If he has been gone for so long, how would he ever be able to handle 2 parishes? If you are talking about the same person I am thinking of, I really don't see it happening. On the other hand, the diocese has done some strange things.
And if Bishop Penny is involved, anything odd can happen. Just look at the angels holding the Buffalo Head trays at St Stan's or the vegas flood lights lighting up the sanctuary and altar!
typical

AOL

#30667 Jan 25, 2010
Stash wrote:
just listened to his announcement...says that some will be sad and some will be glad that i am leaving....anyone know anything about that??? sounds like he doesnt have all friends at corpus christi
Even Jesus had some sad and some happy when he was nailed to the cross... so why should it be any different for anzelm?

Not everyone will agree with everything... some happy... some sad.... some ambivolent... just like with you or mr.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30668 Jan 26, 2010
penny wrote:
<quoted text>
And if Bishop Penny is involved, anything odd can happen. Just look at the angels holding the Buffalo Head trays at St Stan's or the vegas flood lights lighting up the sanctuary and altar!
Why do you call him Bishop Penny? I never heard this one before.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30669 Jan 26, 2010
penny wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bishop G.(Bishop Penny??) friends with the ex-priest you are talking about? If he has not been a practicing priest for so many years, what happens now? Wouldn't he have to go through some type of retraining, reeducation, something???? Can they just pull him out from wherever he is, and throw him into a parish without any prior experience? It doesn't make any sense. Even the DOB couldn't be that dumb, could they??????
anon

Hamburg, NY

#30670 Jan 26, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Bishop G.(Bishop Penny??) friends with the ex-priest you are talking about? If he has not been a practicing priest for so many years, what happens now? Wouldn't he have to go through some type of retraining, reeducation, something???? Can they just pull him out from wherever he is, and throw him into a parish without any prior experience? It doesn't make any sense. Even the DOB couldn't be that dumb, could they??????
He'd have to take a eucharistic minister training to be sure he still knows how to distribute communion. Also, he'd need Virtus training. He'd also have to learn how to seal and unseal the tamper proof bags. Other than that, all else is unimportant.
Hamburg Catholic

Lancaster, NY

#30671 Jan 26, 2010
FYI... Fr. Anzelm is leaving Corpus Christi in Buffalo to take the place of the pastor at St. Casimer's in Yonkers, NY. That pastor is taking a spot in the Pauline's U.S. headquarters in Doylestown, PA. left vacated by another appointment over seas.
Fr. Anzelm will be greatly missed. An outgoing, charismatic priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... 5 hr Dandy24 1,042
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... 11 hr Texxy 1
pyramid schemes Mar 24 pattyboiman1 1
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers (Jun '16) Mar 24 Bert Wedemeyer 362
News United States of America v. Jesse James Patters... Mar 24 Spotted owlet 1
News Watertown and Massena JCPenney stores not part ... Mar 23 agree 2
News Spicer: Former campaign chairman had 'very limi... Mar 23 Death on 2 Legs 2
More from around the web