Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62441 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30328 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dreaming DOB is reopening all the closed churches.
I'm dreaming "someone" gets transferred to Dunkirk and the clique doesn't know what to do! Long commute every Sunday. Oh my, what will they do??????
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30329 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm dreaming "someone" gets transferred to Dunkirk and the clique doesn't know what to do! Long commute every Sunday. Oh my, what will they do??????
Carpool.
AMEN

Buffalo, NY

#30330 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
I can't imagine who thinks they're fooling people to believe over a hundred people are suddenly judging/voting on posts.
Well, you get an A for effort and a D for practicality.
AMEN, AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!
S Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#30331 Jan 7, 2010
3 more members of the parish council at St. Teresa's resigned from the council. Some others are thinking of following. One lady said that wherever she goes and mentions St. Teresa's people want to state negatives. Some were upset that an employee recently returned expensive items that had been missing for a long time. The items were some of the stuff that were bought with parish money and that the receipts went missing on. People want accountability but many feel things just seem to be getting covered up.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#30332 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this guy Gresock was going to Dunkirk.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30333 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How reliable is your source of information?
Please

AOL

#30334 Jan 7, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That is rediculous.

Bogus.
Stash

AOL

#30335 Jan 7, 2010
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
That is rediculous.
Bogus.
from what I know about him, he is one wacky guy. Was at a funeral a few years ago, dressed as a priest although he was not active at that time. Stalked some young ladies i heard at a local mall. What ever happened to Terry Gress? I remember him from Holy Name on Bailey and then one day he suddenly disappeared. What was the story on him?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#30336 Jan 7, 2010
S Buffalo wrote:
3 more members of the parish council at St. Teresa's resigned from the council. Some others are thinking of following. One lady said that wherever she goes and mentions St. Teresa's people want to state negatives. Some were upset that an employee recently returned expensive items that had been missing for a long time. The items were some of the stuff that were bought with parish money and that the receipts went missing on. People want accountability but many feel things just seem to be getting covered up.
This one won't be over 'til the fat nun sings her dirge.

Things sure do sound rotten if an employee has admitted to STEALING from this Parish.

Once the District Attorney steps into the rot pile, you can be sure that no stone will be left unturned.

If there is one who admitted to taking these things, you can bet there are others too.

Persons do not shred financial records without a reason to hide the information.

This one won't be over til the Fat Nun sings her
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30337 Jan 8, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
I'm sick and tired of the cold and shoveling. I hear San Diego is beautiful in Feb.
Well there's lots of money out there . Its a perfect place to attend meetings with your favorite people.
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30338 Jan 8, 2010
Stash wrote:
<quoted text>from what I know about him, he is one wacky guy. Was at a funeral a few years ago, dressed as a priest although he was not active at that time. Stalked some young ladies i heard at a local mall. What ever happened to Terry Gress? I remember him from Holy Name on Bailey and then one day he suddenly disappeared. What was the story on him?
I thought once you are a priests , always a priest - even if a priest is not "active."
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30339 Jan 8, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the party this weekend? Party on........
MIA

AOL

#30340 Jan 8, 2010
Where's the Dunkirk gal? Has she been checked into a psych ward or got buried under a pile of snow?
FEMALES

AOL

#30341 Jan 8, 2010
Stash wrote:
<quoted text>from what I know about him, he is one wacky guy. Was at a funeral a few years ago, dressed as a priest although he was not active at that time. Stalked some young ladies i heard at a local mall. What ever happened to Terry Gress? I remember him from Holy Name on Bailey and then one day he suddenly disappeared. What was the story on him?
Young Ladies??
CRIME

AOL

#30342 Jan 8, 2010
FROM THE NEWS:
Akron funeral director Paris J. Childs was sentenced today to six months in jail for embezzling $175,000 from a Lancaster woman.
----------

Why didn't Fr. Sullivan get jail time? He embezzled a lot more than this guy? Again, the church is like the mob: PROTECTED!
protected

Lancaster, NY

#30343 Jan 8, 2010
CRIME wrote:
FROM THE NEWS:
Akron funeral director Paris J. Childs was sentenced today to six months in jail for embezzling $175,000 from a Lancaster woman.
----------
Why didn't Fr. Sullivan get jail time? He embezzled a lot more than this guy? Again, the church is like the mob: PROTECTED!
you are right--------lots of protection---------this is wrong------they should all go to jail
protected

Lancaster, NY

#30344 Jan 8, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
This one won't be over 'til the fat nun sings her dirge.
Things sure do sound rotten if an employee has admitted to STEALING from this Parish.
Once the District Attorney steps into the rot pile, you can be sure that no stone will be left unturned.
If there is one who admitted to taking these things, you can bet there are others too.
Persons do not shred financial records without a reason to hide the information.
This one won't be over til the Fat Nun sings her
this is all so wrong----------an employee took things that didn't belong to him/her----------got caught---------returned the items-------and life goes on happily----------taking invoices shows a lot of planning--------the employee is sorry about taking the stuff now------they all are sorry when they get caught----------weren't there whistleblowers who got fired for reporting the thefts-------this whole things is corrupt
protected

Lancaster, NY

#30345 Jan 8, 2010
I think more people need to go to the police to report what is not being reported---------go to the district attorney-------attorney general-------state offices---------the press----------write letters to elected officials---------the church sure sounds corrupt---------sex abuse was a scandal------and now how money gets handled------people shouldn't give--------clergy & employees are out of hand------I want to know where the charities $$$$$ gets spent
Anonymous

East Aurora, NY

#30346 Jan 8, 2010
Who is responsible to clean the snow around the churches that are closed? For example, in NF - who is responsible for the snow removal around Rosary, Lebanon, Holy Trinity and St. George? Divine Mercy on the Niagara (former Holy Trinity) is sold, so I assume the new owners are responsible?

If they do not remove the snow, will the city come in and do it for them and send them the bill like they are doing in the City of Buffalo?

Hmmmm.......
Snow Job

AOL

#30347 Jan 8, 2010
Call the Am Pol Eagle, they have a resource list of tactics to use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 4 hr Squach 1,906
scarface scarmucchie just another mob figure 9 hr whalewatcher 1
trump pretends he knows something to boy scouts 10 hr whalewatcher 1
vote big no 11 hr vote big no healt... 1
News Meghan McCain shares photo of hike with father ... Sun Real news 1
Andrew Cuomo, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibr... Jul 21 Local 4
News 24 individuals indicted for possessing material... (Jun '12) Jul 20 Haha 23
More from around the web