Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 1,350)

Showing posts 26,981 - 27,000 of57,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
How fun it is to know that the SOB's in the DOB are this insecure!
This is delightful to know.
BLOGGERS: This blogger is Dunkirk Connection aka Mary Ann Herrington....she is employed by the AmPol Eagle. Withdraw your subscription.
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
How transparent!
Too bad you and yours aren't transparent in the ways that you ought to be.
BLOGGERS: This blogger is Dunkirk Connection aka Mary Ann Herrington....she is employed by the AmPol Eagle. Withdraw your subscription.
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

YES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the clergy!
Cover Up

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Did not get google wrote:
Guess Corbin forgot to get it erased from GOOGLE.
Do a search for RAY CORBIN and PROVINCETOWN and here you will find the entry he removed:
"Mary, Joseph, Jodie and 5 others like this. View all 5 comments ∑ Ray Corbin. "damn, lily and ptown, two fav things"... August 17 at 1:51pm ..."
Still out there Father!
I believe he is removed from the Diocese of Buffalo's webpage too.

What does that tell you about their honesty?
EAGLE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

I give Herrington a lot of credit for exposing the fraud.

She should be an investigative reporter. The local stations could use someone like her.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

EAGLE wrote:
She should be an investigative reporter. The local stations could use someone like her.
I agree.
Cover Up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe he is removed from the Diocese of Buffalo's webpage too.
What does that tell you about their honesty?
It tells me that AGAIn instead of dealing with a problem, they deal with a symptom.

They get the dirt out but leave the guy as pastor.

There is no penalty for inappropriate behavior. Thus, it will only be covered up and helped to be covered by those in authority.

Here is the problem with the church. Leave someone in place despite horribly inappropriate behavior. When one acts out in some outlandish way (gets caught in a park or with another man or some other situation) then they'll do something to stop the problem. But it is always reactionary. Knee-jerk,

How sad that for days the public could see for themselves the double standard of one of the pastors and then all of the sudden everything is removed, even from the diocesan page. Makes you wonder what else they remove in order not to have to deal with the root of the problems.
Cover Up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

They sure did remove Ray Corbin's entry from the Dick Nugent entry on diocesan Facebook.

It still says "4 entries" but only three entries pop up.

Now why would they do this?

(Especially if no one at the diocese reads or cares about this stupid blog???)
Cover Up

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me that AGAIn instead of dealing with a problem, they deal with a symptom.
They get the dirt out but leave the guy as pastor.
There is no penalty for inappropriate behavior. Thus, it will only be covered up and helped to be covered by those in authority.
Here is the problem with the church. Leave someone in place despite horribly inappropriate behavior. When one acts out in some outlandish way (gets caught in a park or with another man or some other situation) then they'll do something to stop the problem. But it is always reactionary. Knee-jerk,
How sad that for days the public could see for themselves the double standard of one of the pastors and then all of the sudden everything is removed, even from the diocesan page. Makes you wonder what else they remove in order not to have to deal with the root of the problems.
Sources report much activity in contacting various people who were "friends." Many alerted that things were exposed, however some didn't care. The blog was made out to be troublemakers (surprise, surprise). The powers that be made contact and concern has been raised. That's all my sources have been able to learn so far.
Cover Up

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

We need to get the trolls back, as they make the blog story more complete. It shows the attempts to sabotage and makes people relalize the power of this website. The really do no harm, but are more of a help to our cause. So many priests, diocesan workers, parish workers, etc. read this blog regularly. This has become the voice of getting things out.
Cover Up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Sources report much activity in contacting various people who were "friends." Many alerted that things were exposed, however some didn't care. The blog was made out to be troublemakers (surprise, surprise). The powers that be made contact and concern has been raised. That's all my sources have been able to learn so far.
So let us get this right:

What did they want the "friends" to do?

Who are the "powers that be" and what concerns have been raised to whom?

It is funny (sad, too) that they find the blog as troublemakers. They should thank the blog for exposing red flags before they become bombs!

Absolutely typical. The bloggers are "troublemakers" while the priest has all this stuff assoctaed with his name (you have to ALLOW/INVITE PEOPLE TO BE YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK, they didn't just DROP there!).

No, the trouble maker is the priest with this plethora of troublesome info assoctaed with his PUBLIC page that is now taken down.
The Dunkirk Connection

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

whatalaugh wrote:
<quoted text>Give it up Mary Ann. AmPol and anyone else who hasn't figured it out by now: Mary Ann Herrington aka Dunkirk Connection is posting under several names such as curious, child of God (one of His only mistakes by the way),and Dziwisz to mention a few (I don't care what IP it is, it is Mary Ann Herrington). Those of you who subscribe or support the AmPol Eagle might want to reconsider as long as she is in their employ.
Gee, I'm happy to know I can unnerve you like this, Father Lavender. Are your brethren shaking in their shoes too as they all teeter on the brink of exposure? You can rest assured their ultimate exposure will be left to others more qualified than I. There will not be any "lavender columns" in the Am Pol Eagle. Darn!
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

EAGLE wrote:
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

The Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I'm happy to know I can unnerve you like this, Father Lavender. Are your brethren shaking in their shoes too as they all teeter on the brink of exposure? You can rest assured their ultimate exposure will be left to others more qualified than I. There will not be any "lavender columns" in the Am Pol Eagle. Darn!
Abner Kravitz

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

I am shocked and appalled that a catholic priest would have a personal life! How dare he? How dare he? The people of God require 100% of his attention 24/7. The fact that he would have a personal web page for communicating with personal friends is outlandish! It is our responsibility as upstanding members of the Catholic Church to root out every aspect of his private life and drag it, as best we can, into the public eye! We must stand in righteous judgment of these types, and never waver in our ongoing quest to slander and demonize these evil doers. These charlatans, these sinners in priests clothing!
I was raised in the Catholic Church, and by god Iíll die in the Catholic Church! And by god I was taught right from wrong. We all know that sex is the devil, especially the gay sex! It does not matter if a person is the gay but not having the gay sex! They are still in league with Lucifer, leading our tender younglings down the velvet path to damnation! We in the church do not look at, touch, or think about the no-no parts, lest we need to create more Catholics to fill in for a temporary fall in the church collection or bingo revenue.
I long for my days in the C.Y.O. when we knew that we could count on our chain smoking, alcoholic, womanizing pastor to deliver a pure message of heterosexual chastity and salvation. Where have those days gone? As an upstanding member of the diocese I call upon you, the hard working, internet trolling, good catholic men and women to re-dedicate yourselves anew to the task of knowing it all, and gossiping about it! We must not allow priests private lives and their ministries to exist separately! We must fight, fight, fight for our priests to have no lives at all! Heterosexual or Homosexuals living a celibate lifestyle must not be allowed to slanderize and humanize the might and majesty of the Roman Catholic Church with their vile wickedness! We, the faithful, must take away their computers and lock them in their rectories at night with a 24 hour guard on them to save them from themselves! But even this may not be enough to save them and us! We must push the diocese to install security cameras within rectories and delegate a watch team to keep surveillance on our priests at all times to ensure their purity.
Let no expense be spared, leave no stone unturned, let no priests life remain private! Surely we know better than the bishop, for we are the truly faithful appointed by God via the internets to dole out true justice via snarky remarks about the character of people we donít actually know based on things we have read about them on the internet. God bless us in this our quest for justice, for purity, and allow us to pull the splinter from our neighborís eye as we have learned to live with the plank in our own. Let the church say Amen!
Priesthood 101

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Abner Kravitz wrote:
I am shocked and appalled that a catholic priest would have a personal life! How dare he? How dare he? The people of God require 100% of his attention 24/7. The fact that he would have a personal web page for communicating with personal friends is outlandish! It is our responsibility as upstanding members of the Catholic Church to root out every aspect of his private life and drag it, as best we can, into the public eye! We must stand in righteous judgment of these types, and never waver in our ongoing quest to slander and demonize these evil doers.
They were ordained and have a vocation, not a job. If they wanted a 9-5 job, priesthood isn't it. Priesthood is laying down one's like in the image of the Good Shepherd. Not a 9-5.
Personal life? For sure they can have one. Nut it should be seemless with their VOCATION (thus, the distinction between JOB and VOCATION). If it were only a job, who cares what they do on "their" time. But the reality is that they have freely chosen to teach what they believe and live what they preach. Anything to the contrary. especially when it is public, is cause for scandal and every man knows it going into the priesthood.
Haning friends? Of course! But having a plethora of gay friends (nothing wrong with that) who support gay marriage publically (lots wrong with the seemlessness of that and priesthood) and who makes public his oike of Kathy Griffen, for example, who said for the world to hear "Suck it, Jesus!" is cause for scandal. No one made him put that out there for the world to see, he chose to do that. Then it becomes fair game for comment and dicussion. The same with Provincetown and anything else associated with information that is in the public forum.
Don;t confuse the issues. The issues are clear.
Priesthood is NOt a job. It is a way of life, thus there is no room for "time off" of "personal life." It is an entire life dedicated to the church, the people of God and is to be conformed in the image of Christ who I am sure is offended by anyone saying "Suck it, Jesus!" let alone a priest who lists such an entertainer who would say such things as a favorite.
So go back to Seminary 101 and learn what priesthood is and is not.
Then comment.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Abner Kravitz wrote:
I am shocked and appalled that a catholic priest would have a personal life! How dare he? How dare he? The people of God require 100% of his attention 24/7. The fact that he would have a personal web page for communicating with personal friends is outlandish! It is our responsibility as upstanding members of the Catholic Church to root out every aspect of his private life and drag it, as best we can, into the public eye! We must stand in righteous judgment of these types, and never waver in our ongoing quest to slander and demonize these evil doers. These charlatans, these sinners in priests clothing!
I was raised in the Catholic Church, and by god Iíll die in the Catholic Church! And by god I was taught right from wrong. We all know that sex is the devil, especially the gay sex! It does not matter if a person is the gay but not having the gay sex! They are still in league with Lucifer, leading our tender younglings down the velvet path to damnation! We in the church do not look at, touch, or think about the no-no parts, lest we need to create more Catholics to fill in for a temporary fall in the church collection or bingo revenue.
I long for my days in the C.Y.O. when we knew that we could count on our chain smoking, alcoholic, womanizing pastor to deliver a pure message of heterosexual chastity and salvation. Where have those days gone? As an upstanding member of the diocese I call upon you, the hard working, internet trolling, good catholic men and women to re-dedicate yourselves anew to the task of knowing it all, and gossiping about it! We must not allow priests private lives and their ministries to exist separately! We must fight, fight, fight for our priests to have no lives at all! Heterosexual or Homosexuals living a celibate lifestyle must not be allowed to slanderize and humanize the might and majesty of the Roman Catholic Church with their vile wickedness! We, the faithful, must take away their computers and lock them in their rectories at night with a 24 hour guard on them to save them from themselves! But even this may not be enough to save them and us! We must push the diocese to install security cameras within rectories and delegate a watch team to keep surveillance on our priests at all times to ensure their purity.
Let no expense be spared, leave no stone unturned, let no priests life remain private! Surely we know better than the bishop, for we are the truly faithful appointed by God via the internets to dole out true justice via snarky remarks about the character of people we donít actually know based on things we have read about them on the internet. God bless us in this our quest for justice, for purity, and allow us to pull the splinter from our neighborís eye as we have learned to live with the plank in our own. Let the church say Amen!
Sounds like you are a bit mixed up in your views. No matter how you spin it, people know the truth and have brains of their own to know right from wrong.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Priesthood 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were ordained and have a vocation, not a job. If they wanted a 9-5 job, priesthood isn't it. Priesthood is laying down one's like in the image of the Good Shepherd. Not a 9-5.
Personal life? For sure they can have one. Nut it should be seemless with their VOCATION (thus, the distinction between JOB and VOCATION). If it were only a job, who cares what they do on "their" time. But the reality is that they have freely chosen to teach what they believe and live what they preach. Anything to the contrary. especially when it is public, is cause for scandal and every man knows it going into the priesthood.
Haning friends? Of course! But having a plethora of gay friends (nothing wrong with that) who support gay marriage publically (lots wrong with the seemlessness of that and priesthood) and who makes public his oike of Kathy Griffen, for example, who said for the world to hear "Suck it, Jesus!" is cause for scandal. No one made him put that out there for the world to see, he chose to do that. Then it becomes fair game for comment and dicussion. The same with Provincetown and anything else associated with information that is in the public forum.
Priesthood is NOt a job. It is a way of life, thus there is no room for "time off" of "personal life." It is an entire life dedicated to the church, the people of God and is to be conformed in the image of Christ who I am sure is offended by anyone saying "Suck it, Jesus!" let alone a priest who lists such an entertainer who would say such things as a favorite.
Then comment.
Excellent Post. Priests are supposed to be role models. With what is going now, what normal person would want to enter the priesthood? Something needs to change and it needs to change quick. We are losing vocations - people who may have true vocations but are scared away with what is going on. These are truly strange times we live in.
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Priesthood 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then comment.
and you would know all this because you are....? What are you anyway? It IS a JOB and it is becoming harder and harder to do because of jerks like you! Abner is absolutely right! GO ABNER!!!
whatalaugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Judged:

Abner Kravitz wrote:
ABNER!!! You're the MAN! BRAVO!!!!
signed,
a long-married, heterosexual
Roman Catholic woman who has been to Provincetown, liked it (got no cooties either!), doesn't particularly like Facebook....cause idiots like some bloggers can go there and make false assumptions....doesn't like Kathy Griffin for various reasons, but won't judge those who do and would like to 'out' all the bloggers (don't think most of them would have the courage of their convictions if we all met face to face....mainly cause they have more than one face per each)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,981 - 27,000 of57,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••