Random thoughts the morning after - T...

Random thoughts the morning after - The Advocate Weekly Online

There are 2 comments on the Advocate Weekly story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Random thoughts the morning after - The Advocate Weekly Online. In it, Advocate Weekly reports that:

Four years ago I was euphoric. Today I'm just relieved. The week before the election my friend Dick emailed from Cape Cod: "Voted early today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Advocate Weekly.

Rob Sweeney

Beverly, MA

#1 Nov 20, 2012
Not tremendously insightful, just as the "you can't be a social liberal and fiscal conservative" column. Here's a news flash: Yes, you can. There are many of us out here who believe in social justice but want to see the country in the black, and staying in the black. We want to see Clinton-like compromise with Congress, and please don't tell us it's all the GOP's fault. Perhaps a little less Kool-Aid, and a little more pragmatism would help us Democrats, before we committ the same sin of hubris the GOP sank itself with during the Bush years. That means we can't have all our progressive toys--we get that. I voted for the president but held my nose, as did many of us moderates, while doing it. I cringe to say it, but even Bush was more of a leader--terribly misguided though he may have been-- than Obama.
dognes

Masontown, PA

#2 Nov 29, 2012
youtube.com/watch... glad thats over with?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) Sat U know nothing 63,491
News Shawn Micallef: Upcoming election highlights th... Sat Ontario cant Wynne 1
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) Sat Trumps Army 585
News Let undocumented immigrants drive Sat ONLYONETERM 17
new york court rules against trump heard on tv ... May 17 no one is above t... 1
News Wanted: One Attorney General, Preferably Short-... May 16 Lawrence Wolf 4
News Did 'Sex and the City' Inspire Your Move to New... May 15 Sex and the Reality 3