New York Same-sex marriage lawsuit thrown out

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

A judge has thrown out the first direct legal challenge to the New York governor's move to recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states, calling the policy a legally allowable stand for fairness.
Comments
1 - 20 of 175 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2013
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Homer

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

So if you're athiest, does that mean your marriage is null and void?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Another win for the good guys.
Homer

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

just rude wrote:
All you gays and lesbians should have your own island and stay away from the normal people.
Not only rude, but ignorant, too. The "normal" people? Let's get straight (ha, ha) about who the "normal" people are.

A certain percentage of the population has always been gay, for the history of mankind. So in fact, that there are gay people is in fact normal. I'd argue that nature intended for people to be straight, but normal circumstance leads to this percentage. Marriage of gays and changing the definition of marriage is another issue, yet irreducibly, gay people are normal.

And for all of you religious fanatics out there, if people weren’t supposed to be gay, then your omnipotent god wouldn’t have made them that way.
Homer

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

In any population there are normal variances. They are to be expected and are in fact normal, pedophiles and animal bangers included.

Certainly, pedophiles and animal bangers are freaks, but that they exist is normal. Freaks have always and will always be part of the population.

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

P JACKSON wrote:
This is just another activist judge siding with the reprobates of the GLBT lifestyle. It is just what the gays want to happen in other states that do not recognize gay marriage. Gays and lesbians should keep their unions, marriage is NOT what it is, to living in states that recognize them. Marriage is an honorable estate, instituted by GOD, not the state between a man and a woman. Anything else is a counterfeit. Don't drag marriage into the cesspool of the GLBT lifestyle. I hope this goes to appeal and the Sup Court if neccessary to protect states from activist judges who are just as reprobate as the gays and lesbians.
By the same token, you should keep your mythology in places where others who follow it can do so to their hearts content and stop trying to inflict it upon the LAW ABIDING citizens of this country against their will.
No matter how hard you try to deny it, the State controls marriage, provides all of the 1049+ rights, responsibilities, and obligations that go along with it, and ultimately decides what is and is not Legally considered Marriage. Whether you or your deity recognizes it is of no consequence to anyone but yourself.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

still not gettin it wrote:
keep it in the closet
i dont care to see it let alone try to explaine to my little son why two guys are kissing
get an island to yourselves and die off
No, and there isn't a single thing you can do about it either.
Homer

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

How did the post to which I just replied disappear? How'd that happen?

Since: Aug 08

Pittsfield

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

keep it in the closet
i dont care to see it let alone try to explaine to my little son why two guys are kissing
If you choose to raise a fair, open-minded member of society you could simply explain that when two people kiss they are expressing love for one another. Don't beat your bible and say that Jesus never kissed a man. Maybe He did not do so in a romantic way, but surely as a gesture of love. That is all your young son needds for an explaination until he is old enough to understand the wonderful diversity of the world he is a part of.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

keep it in the closet
When your little son sees a straight couple kissing, do you simply tell him that they love each other, or do you launch into graphic sexual descriptions of what straight people do in bed together and whether or not you agree with certain sex positions?

Whichever it is, just do the same when he sees two guys kissing and you'll be fine. He doesn't care anyway.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

<quoted text>
hey homer there is nothing normal about going in the out door
also is it normal to be with animals we have some of those too
how about pedaphiles got them too
so your saying as long as we have them its normal?
have you ever heard of freeks?
I'm sorry you're "still not gettin it", but maybe if you would stop fantasizing about sex with animals and children, you might actually "get some" one of these days!! Poor you.

“Born Again Christian.”

Since: May 07

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

When are we going to get with the program and do something on a Federal level. Unless you do, it is no good from State to State. We need to organize and go for Civil Unions on a Federal Basis. I honestly think that is a do able situation and the best way to go.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

P JACKSON wrote:
This is just another activist judge siding with the reprobates of the GLBT lifestyle. It is just what the gays want to happen in other states that do not recognize gay marriage. Gays and lesbians should keep their unions, marriage is NOT what it is, to living in states that recognize them. Marriage is an honorable estate, instituted by GOD, not the state between a man and a woman. Anything else is a counterfeit. Don't drag marriage into the cesspool of the GLBT lifestyle. I hope this goes to appeal and the Sup Court if neccessary to protect states from activist judges who are just as reprobate as the gays and lesbians.
Newsflash:

A Kiev art museum contains a curious icon from St. Catherine's Monastery on Mt. Sinai in Israel. It shows two robed Christian saints. Between them is a traditional Roman ‘pronubus’(a best man), overseeing a wedding. The pronubus is Christ. The married couple are both men.

http://www.colfaxrecord.com/detail/91429.html

Hate to break the news to you but same-sex marriage has gotten God's blessing before.
PDupont

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

P JACKSON wrote:
Marraige was not instituted by God but by men and I do mean that in a gender exclusive way. In its earliest form marraige had nothing to do with love, only incidently to do with sex and everything to do with property, that property being the woman. When a female was born she was her father's property and later on with the exchange of currency and/or livestock became the property of her husband. Marraige has evolved so that it is the legal union of two individuals free to make the choice and this should apply to both heterosexual and same sex couples. Marraige is primarily a civil function and churches are free to bless unions or not. All of the gays and lesbians I know are hard working, taxpaying and voters. They fulfill thier duties as citizens and deserve the same rights. The arguments against same sex marraige are based on religiously based biases and do not belong in civil law.
PDupont

Longmeadow, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

just rude wrote:
All you gays and lesbians should have your own island and stay away from the normal people.
All of you theocrats who want to force your own narrow views on the rest of us should get your own planet.

“That's Mama Luigi to you too”

Since: Jun 08

Orange County,CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

just rude wrote:
Sound like you secretly wanna join? Come on, Get laid and get a life.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

keep it in the closet
Remember, there is a chance that your little son will be gay, or that one of his children will be. If you keep to this attitude, his future suicide as will be your doing.

Be careful who you hate, it may be someone you love.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

Homer wrote:
In any population there are normal variances. They are to be expected and are in fact normal, pedophiles and animal bangers included.
Certainly, pedophiles and animal bangers are freaks, but that they exist is normal. Freaks have always and will always be part of the population.
Usually, those who choose to harm others are not considered "normal" in our society, although they may occur naturally.

However, those who compare gay people, who commit no crime in being gay, and harm no one, to criminals and those who intentionally hurt others are rather rediculous, aren't they?

Whi is it that bogots like yourselves think so much about hurting children and animals? Is it a bigot's true fantasy?

All that ignorance and hatred breaking out in sick and twisted ways?

“Fight bigotry.”

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

No, we need full marriage equality at both the state and federal levels.
OneBallBoi wrote:
When are we going to get with the program and do something on a Federal level. Unless you do, it is no good from State to State. We need to organize and go for Civil Unions on a Federal Basis. I honestly think that is a do able situation and the best way to go.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

first of all im not a religious man so that excuse don't fly. as far as my views on gay's don't you think there are some things in this world that are just wrong or is this a world where anything goes i'm not a hater of gays at all as a person. i just believe its not normal for two guys to be kissing or all the other things they do.
what about the guy who truly loves his dog or the woman who truly loves her little pony should'nt they be allowed to take them anywhere in public and show affection or even get married and share benifits if it true love anything goes right? what about the guy who realy loves that 13 year old little girl or boy should that be allowed also.
who is to say they are crimminals at one time being gay was illegal and though of as bad is society coming to anything goes in the future
That's too easy.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not. The fact is, people are born gay.

What would you have them do - live a life without love and just play competitive Chess?

Get real.

“Just call me Das. ”

Since: Jul 07

Parsippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

just rude wrote:
Manhattan, perhaps.

Oh! We already have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••