It's Groundhog Day for New Mexico's immigration priorities

Jan 8, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

If you've seen the 1993 comedy, Groundhog Day, staring Bill Murray you know what it's like to see the same things repeat over and over.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2014

Since: Apr 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Latinos/Hispanics/Mexicans At Greater Risk Of Dying From Driving While Intoxicated

"Another 2010 report by the NHTSA,“Special Report on Race/Ethnicity and Impaired Driving,” found that among other groups, Hispanics are “less likely” to believe that driving while intoxicated is a “safety problem” or that they will be caught in the act."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/lati...
Horace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

From page 3, last para, of the TxDOT study,

"We also found that Native American and White drivers are consistently reported among those most at risk for alcohol-impaired driving,"

and,

"For Hispanics and African-Americans, the picture is less clear: arrest data and crash data show
an overrepresentation of both groups in impaired-driving events, whereas self-report data from
national surveys show lower rates of impaired driving for these groups."

Sounds like whites have learned how to drive drunk. Hispanics and AA haven't.
Horace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

And there is no mention, zero, of illegal aliens in the study.

Bigots will try to convince you that Hispanics automatically equates to illegal aliens.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Horace wrote:
Bigots will try to convince you that Hispanics automatically equates to illegal aliens.
well 30 million that we know of horace, you have a new name ha ha

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Horace wrote:
From page 3, last para, of the TxDOT study,
"We also found that Native American and White drivers are consistently reported among those most at risk for alcohol-impaired driving,"
and,
"For Hispanics and African-Americans, the picture is less clear: arrest data and crash data show
an overrepresentation of both groups in impaired-driving events, whereas self-report data from
national surveys show lower rates of impaired driving for these groups."
Sounds like whites have learned how to drive drunk. Hispanics and AA haven't.
We are going to have crime here, we don't need illegal alien foreigner crime on top of it. People who are not even suppose to even be in the country.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Horace wrote:
The story talks about all Hispanics (whatever that is) out here in the SW it's Mexicans. Alcoholism runs rampart in their community.

Most Hispanics are not illegal aliens, but most illegal aliens are Hispanic.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Spanish is the language of the illegal alien.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Horace wrote:
Talking about Bigots, Mexicans are racists. When i found this out it blew me away. Mexicans have white envy and many think they are white, even thou who are browner than me.

"As La Raza confirms, Mexicans maintain the most racist society in North America. "For the Hispanic race, everything; for anyone outside the race, nothing!" Guadalupe Loaeza, a journalist, said, "Mexican society is fundamentally racist and classist. The color of your skin is a key that either opens or shuts doors. The lighter your skin, the more doors open to you."

http://www.rense.com/general75/amamex.htm

Mexico Airline Apologizes for Light-Skin Casting

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

White envy, makes sense.somethings you cant change.sad you should be happy whatever color.
Horace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
We are going to have crime here, we don't need illegal alien foreigner crime on top of it. People who are not even suppose to even be in the country.
BS! The link you posted in post #1 had absolutely nothing to do with illegal "foreigners". The link was a dubious study on the supposed correlation between race and drunk driving. In your bigoted mind, you equate Hispanics with drunk driving illegal aliens and I called you on it.
Horace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

spytheweb wrote:
Spanish is the language of the illegal alien.
And your language is the language of bigots.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Horace wrote:
And defenders of illegal aliens will always try to blur the lines between legal and illegal by calling illegal aliens plain ole "immigrants" or some other PC terminology because "they" are the true bigots. I have niever in my life thought that all or even most Hispanics are here illegally. There are at least 25 or 30 million Hispanics that are citizens or at least here legally. Most Americans aren't stupid enough to think otherwise.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Horace wrote:
<quoted text>
And your language is the language of bigots.
Wow, really? Your own racism and bigotry is showing now. Fact is that most illegal aliens are Spanish speakers. Does the truth offend you?
Horace

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, really? Your own racism and bigotry is showing now. Fact is that most illegal aliens are Spanish speakers. Does the truth offend you?
That wasn't what was posted, you Odd Goat. Many speakers of Spanish, probably overwhelmingly, are not "illegal aliens". Post #7 is an affront to those folk. Kinda like me saying that since English is the language of the KKK, therefore all speakers of English are white supremacists.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Horace wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't what was posted, you Odd Goat. Many speakers of Spanish, probably overwhelmingly, are not "illegal aliens". Post #7 is an affront to those folk. Kinda like me saying that since English is the language of the KKK, therefore all speakers of English are white supremacists.
Would you kindly stop calling me a Goat? Can't you debate without the name calling? I already said that we have at least 25-30 million Hispanics here legally and their total number is around 50 million counting the illegal kind. That does not constitute that the majority are here illegally.

Your reading is quite selective, isn't it? Both myself and another poster said that the majority of illegals are Spanish speakers but you twisted our words to claim we stated that all Spanish speakers/Hispanics in this country are illegals.
Horace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
I have niever in my life thought that all or even most Hispanics are here illegally. There are at least 25 or 30 million Hispanics that are citizens or at least here legally. Most Americans aren't stupid enough to think otherwise.
Yet, you continuously post that American Hispanics are ethnocentric and enablers of illegal immigrants. You continuously spew that AH, in general, place themselves and fellow undocumented Hispanics above the law. Pure bigotry.

Oh, BTW, Spanish is not just spoken in America, you Oldgoat, it is spoken world wide by Hispanics and non-Hispanics such as I.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••