New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage

New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage

There are 91 comments on the WHDH story from Dec 19, 2013, titled New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage. In it, WHDH reports that:

New Mexico became the latest state to legalize gay marriage Thursday as its highest court declared it is unconstitutional to deny a marriage license to gay and lesbian couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#23 Dec 19, 2013
Federal District Court Rules That Ohio Must Give Full Faith and Credit to Valid Same Sex Marriage Performed in Another Jurisdiction :

http://www.pittsburghlegalbacktalk.com/archiv...

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#24 Dec 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I agree.
What I'm really wondering is what the 9th circuit is going to do with their NV case and when. That could get us another state, or even the rest of the 9th circuit (6 states) as soon as spring 2014.
WAY too many variables with that one.
I agree with ya.........but look how much we have accomplished this year........next year is also going to be busy, but by 2016, I think we might see a slow down.....but by then we will hit most of the States that can think outside of the box........we can hope for more, but will have to wait and see!!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#25 Dec 19, 2013
As Tiny Tim said in "The Christmas Carol",

"God bless us EVERYONE!"

Thank you NM.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Dec 19, 2013
DNF wrote:
As Tiny Tim said in "The Christmas Carol",
"God bless us EVERYONE!"
Thank you NM.
I just read where a school edited Tiny Tim to say "Bless Us Everyone" and I just read about another school that edited their performance of the Christmas hymn "Silent Night" to remove references to Christ.

WTF ?!

Anyone who says that in the U.S., there is no war on Christmas, or against Christians, is LYING.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#27 Dec 19, 2013
and btw, as far as "A Christmas Carol" is concerned, my 2 favorite tv versions are the Mr. Magoo version, and the George C. Scott version.

(trivia: How many ghosts does Scrooge speak to ?)

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#28 Dec 19, 2013
http://www.scribd.com/doc/192566307/NM-Suprem...

Seriously good opinion. Unanimous too.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#29 Dec 19, 2013
Woot!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#30 Dec 19, 2013
I read it. The only thing I have a problem with is the date.

this one

#31 Dec 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Que?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#32 Dec 19, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Que?
First thing I noticed.

It says: "December 19, 2014". It is now December 19, 2013

not 2014.

“The Gruber pile lies still”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#33 Dec 19, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
What is "IVAN" doing in Iceland....I believe they have a lesbian for Premier. LOL. Too funny.
Maybe it's IVAN the TERRIBLE.....and he likes to watch. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#34 Dec 19, 2013
Great day!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#35 Dec 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
????

You mean where it says, "Posted: Today at 3:05 pm" or where it says, "(Copyright (c) 2013 The Associated Press.".

this one

#36 Dec 19, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
First thing I noticed.
It says: "December 19, 2014". It is now December 19, 2013
not 2014.
Hadn't noticed. Oops. Not sure if that's the Court's mistake or the person who posted the document.
Ulysses

Anonymous Proxy

#37 Dec 19, 2013
Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah down the toilet.
Well said!

this one

#38 Dec 19, 2013
DNF wrote:
????
You mean where it says, "Posted: Today at 3:05 pm" or where it says, "(Copyright (c) 2013 The Associated Press.".
It's the filing date listed right under the blank opinion no. space on the first page of the opinion. I had to look again to see it myself. Probably the mistake of AP rather than the Court.
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#39 Dec 19, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>????
The pedo confuses 13 and 14 because he's always considering age of consent laws in various countries.

Since: Jan 08

Rayong, Thailand

#40 Dec 20, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read where a school edited Tiny Tim to say "Bless Us Everyone" and I just read about another school that edited their performance of the Christmas hymn "Silent Night" to remove references to Christ.
WTF ?!
Anyone who says that in the U.S., there is no war on Christmas, or against Christians, is LYING.
It's called separation of church and state. This "war" is against religious use of state property. Sometimes it seems like it's going too far, but this separation is what keeps us from becoming a theocracy, like Iran. Would you like to have a display celebrating Ramadan at your city hall? It's the same thing. I think there are enough crosses and manger scenes on private property to keep the Christians and christians satisfied.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#42 Dec 20, 2013
It's just sad that it's taking this long. This country is still so far behind in so many areas. It's due to all of the uneducated hicks that live in the Stone Age. At one time women couldn't vote, blacks couldn't vote, blacks couldn't use the same facilities as others. Once all HUMAN BEINGS have the same rights that will be a great day. Embrace the change it's coming. Don't shit where you eat, someday a gay or lesbian could be your boss.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#43 Dec 20, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
New Mexico didn't legalize anything, a queer judge did the dirty deed.
LIAR !!

http://www.nndb.com/people/995/000167494/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_L._Chavez

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Richard C. Doty destroy Albuquerque busines... 2 hr Norio 1
News New Mexico VA clinic among nationa s worst for ... 4 hr Drago 8
News New Mexico Dems eye changes after historic loss... 4 hr Joseph 2
Thinking of relocation to New Mexico? 14 hr mimbresed 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jul 28 pop 8,699
News Belen residents balk at websitea s slam on city Jul 27 Number One 1
News New Mexico's commuter rail line faced with fina... Jul 26 Coyote 73
More from around the web