DNA collection from felons begins July 1

DNA collection from felons begins July 1

There are 30 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Jun 20, 2011, titled DNA collection from felons begins July 1. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

SANTA FE Police will collect DNA samples from everybody arrested in a felony in New Mexico starting July 1. The bill, called Katie's Law, expands an existing statute that required DNA collections in certain felonies, mostly crimes of violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 21, 2011
I disagree, I think dna should be taken from CONVICTED felons only. Not that I don't wish for scumbags to be taken off the streets but even scumbags have civil rights in the Constitution
earthquake

Tucson, AZ

#3 Jun 21, 2011
NEWS ALERT! NEWS ALERT! NEWS ALERT!
SEXUAL ABUSE, PHYSICAL ABUSE AND NEGLECT TO MINOR CHILDREN IS NOW LEGAL IN THE U.S.A. AND ITS TERRITORIES THROUGH JUDICIAL PRECEDENT INCLUDING IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN SINCE THEY ARE NOW UNDER U.S. CONTROL
On September, 11 2006 a New Mexico judge awarded primary physical custody to the the mother because her attorney argued to the Court that,“Number one, there are major concerns about the well being of the children when they are in Miss Whitfields, Holiday Davenport, Miss Davenports care,” and therefore she should continue having primary physical custody. And the major concerns mentioned were addressed and established as being sexual abuse, physical abuse and neglect in a New Mexico courtroom on May, 4 2005 with the same judge presiding.
And on September 19, 2007 in a New Mexico Court the mother was granted sole physical and sole legal custody on a Final Order because her attorney argued to the Court that her client was relocating. These rulings are still in effect today.
Also, through an Arizona Foreign Judgment Order, by order of a Superior Court located in Tucson Arizona filed on June, 25 2007 states that these orders shall be fully enforced in the State of Arizona.
An order filed on December, 12 2009 Federal Court in Tucson Arizona also concludes that the states did not err in its orders and states ,“ a mandate directed to state courts to respect the custody decrees of sister states.”
Ref. court docket No. DM 2004-00140 in New Mexico
Ref. court docket No. DC 20070023 Foreign Judgment Order filed in Superior Court in Tucson Arizona.
Ref. court docket No. CV-09-00341-TUC-CKJ filed in Federal Court in Tucson Arizona
Go to you tube to at the address below to hear the 9-11-2006 hearing clip and the
5-4-2005 hearing clip as evidence which is about 4 minutes and 39 seconds long at:

youtube username israel5535 and click on "mystery babylon is the u.s.a.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#4 Jun 21, 2011
Justice4no1 wrote:
I disagree, I think dna should be taken from CONVICTED felons only. Not that I don't wish for scumbags to be taken off the streets but even scumbags have civil rights in the Constitution
When you say "rights" I assume you are referring to 'search and seizure'.

When a person is arrested their entire person has been legally 'seized', please explain to me the difference between the standard accepted procedure of taking inked fingerprints from a persons' hand and genetic fingerprints from swabbing the inside of a persons' cheek.

How is this a violation ?
Oh oh

Lovington, NM

#5 Jun 21, 2011
So this means that most of Carlsbad will have dna taken?
Not good

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#6 Jun 21, 2011
Justice4no1 wrote:
I disagree, I think dna should be taken from CONVICTED felons only. Not that I don't wish for scumbags to be taken off the streets but even scumbags have civil rights in the Constitution
I disagree, I think DNA should be taken, along with fingerprints, when you start school. It may sound to some like a communistic/Hitler issue, but many times you hear that they couldn't find evidence when they ran saliva, hair, fingerprints, DNA,etc. through the data banks because they didn't have a record. One wonders if more crimes would be solved or people found because evidence was in the data banks already. As far as I'm concerned, once you've committed a crime and been convicted, you've lost your civil rights as far as DNA and things like that are concerned.
Coyote

Farmington, NM

#7 Jun 22, 2011
Hope they don't look up my record....i'm a convicted felons myself....i did hard times, h/ell, i even still have several DNA from other inmate in my Manhole...

The Shadow knows......cira 2011

Since: Apr 09

Haras Cay, Belize

#8 Jun 23, 2011
Thats funny, I bet your did do "HARD TIMES"...(as apposed to Hard time?).....

Hell, you spell as bad as I do.........That's funny!
Farmington Gay2

Farmington, NM

#9 Jun 23, 2011
Where is my SantaFe Gay?
The TEXAN

Farmington, NM

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Hahahaha.........don't even have to try an s/hit..thing s just fall out.

Tooo funny

The Shadow knows..........circa 2011
Farmington Gay2

Farmington, NM

#11 Jun 23, 2011
Go away Farmington TEXAS.....I want Santa Fe Gay to see me posted. I love him. There is not much in Aztec these days.
The TEXAN

Farmington, NM

#12 Jun 23, 2011
H/ell Farmnigton Ga2, just come by Farmington libary in the mornings when it opens, i'm the only 74 yr-old on the cmputr. We can check each other out.

Or we can meat-up at Boyd Park on Miller....or, maybe even at Dennys.
The TEXAN

Farmington, NM

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Oh, fogot to mentio n, Farmington Gay2, we can swap "baby gravy" with each other....want do ya say honey?
Farmington Gay2

Farmington, NM

#14 Jun 23, 2011
The TEXAN wrote:
Oh, fogot to mentio n, Farmington Gay2, we can swap "baby gravy" with each other....want do ya say honey?
I love you
Farmington Gay2

Farmington, NM

#15 Jun 23, 2011
Dennys....no way...ugh! How about Chief Burnies?
Farmington Gay2

Farmington, NM

#16 Jun 23, 2011
SantaFe Gay, I didn't mean it....I love you the most!
HoofInMouth

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jun 23, 2011
Oh oh wrote:
So this means that most of Carlsbad will have dna taken?
Are you bats? Do they have DNA?
Anyone who puts his foot in his mouth while being ??? by the various agencies will be given his "Miranda Rights"?

Remember OJ, NOT GUILTY!!! remember OJ. NOT GUILTY !!!

Appear that we are getting to "guilty until proven innocent".

First they have to prove you didn't vote for RICHARDSON?
Honestly

Birds Landing, CA

#19 Jun 25, 2011
I don't know if this was mentioned in the thread, however the title of the article is as wrong and presumptuous as it can be. A felon is only so after being convicted, not arrested. In some cases the arrested person may already be a convicted felon.
With headlines like this, how are the readers expected to trust this news source. Stop and smell the roses, and in this case you might find you are smelling something less appealing.
The obvious potential for abuse is to have police arresting people arbitrarily to expand the dna profiling. This is where brave new world ought to scare the hel1 out of any true American. Another field day with the constitution...
Honestly

Birds Landing, CA

#20 Jun 25, 2011
Not good wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, I think DNA should be taken, along with fingerprints, when you start school. It may sound to some like a communistic/Hitler issue, but many times you hear that they couldn't find evidence when they ran saliva, hair, fingerprints, DNA,etc. through the data banks because they didn't have a record. One wonders if more crimes would be solved or people found because evidence was in the data banks already. As far as I'm concerned, once you've committed a crime and been convicted, you've lost your civil rights as far as DNA and things like that are concerned.
The potential for misuse of DNA has yet to be fully understood. The fingerprint is a biometric limited in scope. With DNA samples floating around and being used in scenarios beyond investigation, we need assurances that these samples will not be provided to other organizations for use in research and other genetic profiling, say for insurance purposes...
Dissappointed

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jun 25, 2011
Not good wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, I think DNA should be taken, along with fingerprints, when you start school. It may sound to some like a communistic/Hitler issue, but many times you hear that they couldn't find evidence when they ran saliva, hair, fingerprints, DNA,etc. through the data banks because they didn't have a record. One wonders if more crimes would be solved or people found because evidence was in the data banks already. As far as I'm concerned, once you've committed a crime and been convicted, you've lost your civil rights as far as DNA and things like that are concerned.
And Deming, and all of columbus.

Since: Apr 09

Haras Cay, Belize

#22 Jun 25, 2011
This is the 21st Century. Everyone should have there DNA on file. When a child is born his DNA should be put in the file.(and give the baby a 'Cell Phone' and number...that will he 'his/hers' for the rest of there lives. NO need for Social Security numbers... To funny.

Big Brother strikes again......

The Shadow knows......(DNA file is a Good thing)....circa 1984

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mar 22 OMG 8,890
News The Latest: New Mexico governor won't raise min... Mar 19 I am 5
News The Latest: Dems to New Mexico governor: Sign o... Mar 19 lambert 1
News Former deputy receives probation (Jul '08) Mar 18 Jeff 34
News Sharing economy' rises in hard times Mar 13 norideneeded 1
News Letter: Americans have a right to deny illegal ... Mar 5 Wildchild 1
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb '17 justice is just a... 7,120
More from around the web