First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Royal Oak, MI

#90 Apr 10, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
VB: So you are suggesting the poor will what....riot? I don't think so. You should see the number of bums, oops, I mean "houseless persons", there are in Silver City now. EVERY corner with a stoplight has them begging. They have come here from all over the country because there are NO laws regulating or preventing them from their activities. We already had part of a shopping plaza burnt down by one of them. And the police are constantly being called out for them harassing customers in front of Albertsons and Walmart. They are a violent bunch. One bum actually torched her partner by the side of the road. They are not only bums, but some are quite insane. One of these days they are gonna kill a citizen and maybe them something will be done. But I doubt it. What could happen is some vigilante justice. People are getting pretty fed up. What I'm hoping is that some bums will do something nasty to one of these Gila bike racers. That might make people sit up and notice. And kill two birds with one stone...so to speak.:-)
You've basically just proven my point. If these people don't have their basic needs met, they will continue to be a nuisance, and if there is enough of them, they could band together and really get violent.

You COULD get some buddies together and exact your vigilante justice by picking them off one "bum" at a time, but that wouldn't be very "Christian" of you. Who knows, one of the dead homeless people might just turn out to be Jesus...

The relief programs of "The New Deal" came just in time to prevent the poor from really rioting. I think we should focus on HELPING the poor and homeless, instead of just sweeping them off OUR street corner onto someone else's street corner.
This is stupid

United States

#91 Apr 10, 2010
If only common sense was a necissity of US citizenship... or posting.

Royal Oak, MI

#92 Apr 10, 2010
Grimreaper wrote:
<quoted text>No after 9/11 we should have stretched G.W. neck and hung everyone with goldman sachs,bank of america,chase manhattan,hartford group,CITIGROUP,after all your just part of the plutocracy according to city group.And many others.They are the only ones in this country that have a safety net the federal reserve bank. DEAD PEASANTS insurance is the insuranc ethey buiy for us? But they cant afford to pay health insurance? dead peasants thats what they call us WE THE PEOPLE.
Everything you've described is simply the "End Game" of Capitalism. At some point in the not so distant future, one megacorporation or bank will control the entire world economy. We will basically all be slaves to this evil entity. It hasn't happened yet, but we are inexorably heading in that direction.

Why? Because Capitalism is solely concerned with the acquisition of wealth. It has no conscience. Unregulated Capitalism would suck all the wealth out of the planet so quickly your head would spin. The Government is a necessary evil to counter the inherent evils of Capitalism.

A perfect example is this latest mining tragedy. Now that the dust has settled and the grieving begun, everyone is clamoring for tighter Government regulations. Why? Because the Capitalist would exploit everything and everyone to gain his fortune. Who cares if workers die and poisonous gas is released? Capitalism has no conscience. And, as I've already stated, companies and banks will continue to gobble up each other until only one is left. Then can all be slaves for that company.
Grimreaper

Phoenix, AZ

#93 Apr 10, 2010
Verdeboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you've described is simply the "End Game" of Capitalism. At some point in the not so distant future, one megacorporation or bank will control the entire world economy. We will basically all be slaves to this evil entity. It hasn't happened yet, but we are inexorably heading in that direction.
Why? Because Capitalism is solely concerned with the acquisition of wealth. It has no conscience. Unregulated Capitalism would suck all the wealth out of the planet so quickly your head would spin. The Government is a necessary evil to counter the inherent evils of Capitalism.
A perfect example is this latest mining tragedy. Now that the dust has settled and the grieving begun, everyone is clamoring for tighter Government regulations. Why? Because the Capitalist would exploit everything and everyone to gain his fortune. Who cares if workers die and poisonous gas is released? Capitalism has no conscience. And, as I've already stated, companies and banks will continue to gobble up each other until only one is left. Then can all be slaves for that company.
They want to, but its not gonna work for them.
Grimreaper

Phoenix, AZ

#94 Apr 10, 2010
Capoitolism is for a free market.But when capitolism gets involved with the government you get a plutocracy.We absolutely must seperate the nations money from private business.That way the powers like goldnman sachs that have infiltrated the treasury department.Wont be able to do that.THESE people are essentially looting us and making up their own rules as they go.And they do have a global end game in mind.END THE FED. Remove the wealthy from the government.OUTVOTE THEM.If everyone removes the current incumbent it will be end game.It will take them years to buy it all back.But well put som enew pay rules and term limits congress just wont be the same for them.CAN YOU REALLY SAY YOU TRUST ANY OF THEM KNOWING HOW DEVIOUS THEY ARE?

Royal Oak, MI

#95 Apr 10, 2010
Grimreaper wrote:
Capoitolism is for a free market.But when capitolism gets involved with the government you get a plutocracy.We absolutely must seperate the nations money from private business.That way the powers like goldnman sachs that have infiltrated the treasury department.Wont be able to do that.THESE people are essentially looting us and making up their own rules as they go.And they do have a global end game in mind.END THE FED. Remove the wealthy from the government.OUTVOTE THEM.If everyone removes the current incumbent it will be end game.It will take them years to buy it all back.But well put som enew pay rules and term limits congress just wont be the same for them.CAN YOU REALLY SAY YOU TRUST ANY OF THEM KNOWING HOW DEVIOUS THEY ARE?
I don't think you or I or even Deputy, with all the gunslinging righties he can bring together can do anything about any of this. It's like trying to beat off an elephant with a flyswatter.

I always say, we have the best government money can buy. We also have the best legal system money can buy and the best medical system money can buy. Capitalism is the major religion in America, and the dollar is the main God everyone prays to. It's so very sick, but there ain't a thing I can do about it, except try to live my own life the way I think is right.
John Jones

Alamogordo, NM

#96 Apr 10, 2010
just_nobody wrote:
Stick with the label he got. as did the, Artist, Ozzy Osbourn, "The devils music men" you do the math,arm the 10 year old he wants legal. with a childs temper, and no time, due to being a minor! go for it!
Rock-n-roll, to the Devils beat.
Dude! Deer are smarter than humans, when was the last war they had? Do they hunt us? Do they interfere in other countries politics,where they have never been to, and have no intrest of doing so anyway,like humans? NO
Humans are the dumbest animals on this planet, and if we are the smartest in the universe? the universe is in big trouble!
put down the meth baggy and step away from the keyboard, you're dangerous. I hope you're sterile.
Grimreaper

Phoenix, AZ

#97 Apr 10, 2010
Verdeboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you or I or even Deputy, with all the gunslinging righties he can bring together can do anything about any of this. It's like trying to beat off an elephant with a flyswatter.
I always say, we have the best government money can buy. We also have the best legal system money can buy and the best medical system money can buy. Capitalism is the major religion in America, and the dollar is the main God everyone prays to. It's so very sick, but there ain't a thing I can do about it, except try to live my own life the way I think is right.
Theirs nothing wrong with capitolism.Unless people corrupt it.And i believe the tide is turning,when americans really take a look at 9/11 and they see the evidence that is all over the place that these corporations are doing some twisted stuff.The plutocracy only consists of the top 5 percent of us.We way outnumber them,the trick is gonna be weeding out the liars,and how now can we really trust any of them.The only sane and absolute reasonable answer is to totally remove all incumbents from office.We need regular people with regular lives to step up from the community level all the way to the federal level.WE THE PEOPLE can do anything! They know this.They fear this.The corporations need to directly state their case at the government level nothing more nothing less.No back door deals always televised nationally during prime time maybe every friday or something live of course.EVERYBODY SHOULD BE Able to vote from home on everything.This is the modern world.
Grimreaper

Phoenix, AZ

#98 Apr 10, 2010
You have bad judges in san juan county like sandra price.All of them,because i gaurantee you the people that are better off,vote.The rich out vote the middle class 3 to 1.Thats how they put their friends and family so to speak.The sheeple wont wake up til theyve ran out food luck and money.Then they are gonna go what the heck just happened.Always like this time way too late.

Since: Oct 09

Az, Ca, Ut, Nv, Or, NM, Co

#99 Apr 10, 2010
just_nobody wrote:
Stick with the label he got. as did the, Artist, Ozzy Osbourn, "The devils music men" you do the math,arm the 10 year old he wants legal. with a childs temper, and no time, due to being a minor! go for it!
Rock-n-roll, to the Devils beat.
Dude! Deer are smarter than humans, when was the last war they had? Do they hunt us? Do they interfere in other countries politics,where they have never been to, and have no intrest of doing so anyway,like humans? NO
Humans are the dumbest animals on this planet, and if we are the smartest in the universe? the universe is in big trouble!
Ok I just had to reply.....

here is my take....

HUMANS ARE THE ONLY MAMMAL SPECIES PROCREATING FASTER THAN THEIR ENVIRONMENT CAN SUPPORT......

with this in mind... &b the fact I have seen Nuget in concert a number of times and had him be the best part of a few of the shows....

Yeah.....

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Location hidden

#100 Apr 11, 2010
Proud USMC Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
here is my take....
HUMANS ARE THE ONLY MAMMAL SPECIES PROCREATING FASTER THAN THEIR ENVIRONMENT CAN SUPPORT......
with this in mind... &b the fact I have seen Nuget in concert a number of times and had him be the best part of a few of the shows....
Yeah.....
Hmmmm....trying to understand your post. Are you saying we should engage in population control? Are you VOLUNTEERING to be the first to "go home", as they described it in Soylent Green?

Royal Oak, MI

#101 Apr 11, 2010
Proud USMC Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
here is my take....
Yeah.....
That's not totally true. Man has killed off so many of the predators, that there are plenty of mammals that are procreating faster than their environment can support them. But your point is well taken. I think we should use whatever tools are available to cut the world's population down to about 1/5th of its current population: birth control, abortion, voluntary sterilization, the day after pill, voluntary euthanasia, etc... Human beings are the scourge of the planet, and even though we are living longer, I feel the quality of life is in a downward spiral because of our need to destroy our own natural habitat and replace it with a cement jungle.

And, deputy, I will definitely volunteer to opt out once I become old and decrepit. No life support or wheelchairs for me. That should be my right anyway.
NamVet4

New Castle, CO

#102 Apr 11, 2010
Ted Nugent?.....why should I give a rat's butt about what Ted Nugent does or thinks? You people need to get a life.

Location hidden

#103 Apr 12, 2010
VB: Why not just let natural elimination take care of population control? I sure wouldn't want ANY GOVERNMENT telling me I couldn't have kids. Not that I'm young enough to have them. Earthquakes, volcanos, hurricanes, etc are more than adequate to lower the population. Look what happened in Haiti. Plus man is a prolific breeder because man is a prolific killer of himself. Wars account for a lot of deths. Natural selection will also take care of things. If an area overpopulates, people die of starvation. That may sound "cruel", but it's the way of things for all animals.

Royal Oak, MI

#104 Apr 12, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
VB: Why not just let natural elimination take care of population control? I sure wouldn't want ANY GOVERNMENT telling me I couldn't have kids. Not that I'm young enough to have them. Earthquakes, volcanos, hurricanes, etc are more than adequate to lower the population. Look what happened in Haiti. Plus man is a prolific breeder because man is a prolific killer of himself. Wars account for a lot of deths. Natural selection will also take care of things. If an area overpopulates, people die of starvation. That may sound "cruel", but it's the way of things for all animals.
To some extent, man has overridden "natural elimination." We make buildings earthquake proof. We can predict hurricanes. We have vaccines for most plague-like illnesses, etc.

War and famine definitely still exist as the big population control devices, but wouldn't it be better to conscientiously lower the population by choice, instead of by those two extremes. Then, we could ensure that there's enough food and medicine for everyone. I know... just another left-wing Utopian dream. But I can't help it.:)

Location hidden

#105 Apr 12, 2010
Verdeboy wrote:
<quoted text>
To some extent, man has overridden "natural elimination." We make buildings earthquake proof. We can predict hurricanes. We have vaccines for most plague-like illnesses, etc.
War and famine definitely still exist as the big population control devices, but wouldn't it be better to conscientiously lower the population by choice, instead of by those two extremes. Then, we could ensure that there's enough food and medicine for everyone. I know... just another left-wing Utopian dream. But I can't help it.:)
Nope....I don't want ANY government saying how many kids anyone can have. Government already has too much control of our lives. What would you do, drown babies that were born above the limit?

Royal Oak, MI

#106 Apr 12, 2010
Deputy276 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope....I don't want ANY government saying how many kids anyone can have. Government already has too much control of our lives. What would you do, drown babies that were born above the limit?
Naw, just Republican babies.:)
Naia

Brevard, NC

#107 Jan 25, 2014
Santa Fe troll wrote:
<quoted text>
is the the main pile dropping troll here.
I think the piles are being dropped by the people who think Ted Nugent is capable of intelligent conversation or thought process! He is a scourge to the planet. One loose cannon that sure as heck does NOT need a place in politics or the woods. He is an animal cruelty advocate from hell. Someday, I cannot wait to visit and pee on his grave site...wherever that will be. Hopefully, he will get run over by a heard of elephants! We can only pray! Then I can take a dump in the woods in his honor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What comes next for New Mexicans caught up in i... Feb 22 wild child 2
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Feb 22 listless 8,641
New Mexico House committee advances bill giving... Feb 20 your 2
New Mexico Senate panel passes on spaceport sal... Feb 20 fmer505-1951 2
Driver's Licenses for Immigrants Spur Debate in... Feb 17 Who guessed it 64
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Feb 10 Ali 6,206
Free at Last: Marine back on Us soil after rele... Feb 6 Start new 156
More from around the web