Democratic senators stave off attempt to repeal driver's licenses for illegal immigrants

Senate Republicans, trying to repeal a law that allows undocumented immigrants to obtain New Mexico driver's licenses, failed three times this afternoon to get the issue to a floor vote. Full Story
Tom Ferguson

Tularosa, NM

#1 Feb 21, 2011
Are these elected officials working for their constituents, or they just lining their pockets. Everyone of them should be identified and removed from office. It is a very sad state of affairs when both parties can not work to repair the damages done in the state, but instead play the party line and not fix problems.

“But it's so Racist”

Since: Mar 10

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2011
Looks like people in New Mexico don't really care if an illegal can get a drivers license and look, the world is still fine!
Liutenant Provenza

United States

#3 Feb 21, 2011
And they will fail again, over and over.

“But it's so Racist”

Since: Mar 10

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Liutenant Provenza wrote:
And they will fail again, over and over.
It sure seems like it. Also, had New Mexico not given a license to a non-resident, it's not gong to reduce illegal immigration any less.

Weako seeko Rico

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2011
Rico from East LA wrote:
Looks like people in New Mexico don't really care if an illegal can get a drivers license and look, the world is still fine!
rico you mother should have gotten you a dog licence ,
you seem to think you have a licence to lie

may a drunk mexican run over you-you spring back to life like the cartoon you are-and continue to live a fake life

“Just a Red Herring”

Since: Apr 08

Farmington, NM

#6 Feb 22, 2011
The moment we dehumanize our opponent is the moment we cede control of ourselves to our prejudices.

Perhaps you should reconsider implying that someone you disagree with is a dog.
seabass

Fort Myers, FL

#7 Feb 22, 2011
The key word Democrats. Looking to cultivate their next group of supporters to plunder America.
Hoosiers rejoice with us

United States

#8 Feb 22, 2011
Weako seeko Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
rico you mother should have gotten you a dog licence ,
you seem to think you have a licence to lie
may a drunk mexican run over you-you spring back to life like the cartoon you are-and continue to live a fake life
yep
MichelleCarriesH isNads

United States

#9 Feb 22, 2011
As long as Democrats control any part of making or enforcing legislation, the U.S. is going to be over run by invading illegal aliens. We don't need immigration reform, we need a government with the balls to enforce the existing laws!
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#10 Feb 22, 2011
Where's my Mexican drivers license and my free food from Mexico. I want my burritos now, if they don't give them to me I know they hate whites, those racists.
Not much if anything

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jul 16, 2014
has changed any from New Mexico and its elected majority has it?
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Jul 16, 2014
democratic senators are all la raza lemmings and will never vote against 'the race'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 8 hr really 6,182
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 14 hr Richies Cool Man ... 8,578
King: Gov. Martinez "does not have Latino heart" Mon fmer505-1951 67
Gov. Martinez accounted for 25 percent of state... Nov 14 Jakeco 2
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stumps for M... Nov 9 XandO 8
Free at Last: Marine back on Us soil after rele... Nov 8 spocko 157
Disaster Recovery Partners in New Mexico use So... Nov 5 your city your news 1

New Mexico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE