Ask A Mexican

Ask A Mexican

There are 22701 comments on the Inland Empire Weekly story from Nov 24, 2010, titled Ask A Mexican. In it, Inland Empire Weekly reports that:

Dear Mexican: I am a mutt. My father's father was an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Empire Weekly.

FYI

Denver, CO

#25976 Dec 11, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
American! Of course!
If you crossed into China from Mexico, should you be referred to as Chinese Mexican? Regards
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#25977 Dec 11, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>If you crossed into China from Mexico, should you be referred to as Chinese Mexican? Regards
The Chinese have stores and restaurants in Mexico.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#25978 Dec 11, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
The Border Patrol has been brain-washed. They think the US is America. They've been made to believe that "only" people from the US are Americans.
Oh stop with your playing with words. American is the common word for a U.S. citizen and you know that. No one is a citizen of a continent. So in modern day terminology an American is a U.S. citizen nothing else.

“The One and Only”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#25980 Dec 11, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>If you crossed into China from Mexico, should you be referred to as Chinese Mexican? Regards
That's not possible.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#25981 Dec 11, 2013
Holla Isabella wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cross the border, you declare to the agents that you are a mierde.
That's if it's you crossing the border into Mexico, right?

Of Course.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#25982 Dec 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop with your playing with words. American is the common word for a U.S. citizen and you know that. No one is a citizen of a continent. So in modern day terminology an American is a U.S. citizen nothing else.
Only in the United States. In Latin America you're called Estadonidenses (United Staters,) or Norte Americanos (North Americans.)

OK? It's OK to call yourself North American, but not "American" alone.

I'm Latin American, and so is the rest of Latin America.

Now, if we omit the word "Latin" and call ourselves American, would that be OK to you, your Heinousness?
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#25983 Dec 12, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the United States. In Latin America you're called Estadonidenses (United Staters,) or Norte Americanos (North Americans.)
Now, if we omit the word "Latin" and call ourselves American, would that be OK to you, your Heinousness?
Isn't Latin Roman?
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#25984 Dec 12, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't be ok because as I said no one is a citizen of a continent. They are a citizen of the country they were either born or naturalized in. Identifying themselves as such is the proper thing to do otherwise identifying oneself by a continent is too vague and too widespread. The common world wide term for a U.S. citizen is American and everyone knows in that case it isn't about the continent.
FYI

Denver, CO

#25985 Dec 12, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not possible.
Ok, so a Mexican decides to sneak into Africa. Should we refer to him as being" African Mexican " ?Regards
Jesus Malverde

United States

#25986 Dec 12, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so a Mexican decides to sneak into Africa. Should we refer to him as being" African Mexican " ?Regards
Africa is not a country. It's a continent.

"Irregards".
FYI

Denver, CO

#25987 Dec 12, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
<quoted text>
Africa is not a country. It's a continent.
"Irregards".
" Also, it is not a race either. So what is an African American?? Regards, aren't you PROGRESSIVE
Jesus Malverde

United States

#25988 Dec 12, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>" Also, it is not a race either. So what is an African American?? Regards, aren't you PROGRESSIVE
The term "African American" was never meant to describe a race; it was meant to describe a nationality (ie, a country of origin, albeit Africa is not a country). For example, actress Charlize Theron is technically an African American as she is from South Africa but now resides in America. These days, the term is used colloquially in the US to describe black Americans.

I am Progressive in that I think of the future and how are present actions affect that future. I want a future of peace, prosperity, comfort, and a wonderful place where my descendents can live.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#25989 Dec 12, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't be ok because as I said no one is a citizen of a continent. They are a citizen of the country they were either born or naturalized in. Identifying themselves as such is the proper thing to do otherwise identifying oneself by a continent is too vague and too widespread. The common world wide term for a U.S. citizen is American and everyone knows in that case it isn't about the continent.
The mainland of Europe is called "the Continent".
North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Europe,
Australia are the continents.
Jesus Malverde

United States

#25990 Dec 12, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
because as I said no one is a citizen of a continent.
Wrong. Australia is both a continent and a country. It is possible to be both a citizen of the country and the continent.
Holla Isabella

Staten Island, NY

#25991 Dec 12, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Australia is both a continent and a country. It is possible to be both a citizen of the country and the continent.
Christ, are you stupid. The product of a Mexican education, no doubt. Australia the country and Australia the continent share the same name, but are not geographically exactly the same. New Zealand is part of the continent of Australia as well. The official name of the country is the Commonwealth of Australia; the official name of the continent is simply Australia. Bite me.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#25992 Dec 12, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
<quoted text>
The term "African American" was never meant to describe a race; it was meant to describe a nationality (ie, a country of origin, albeit Africa is not a country). For example, actress Charlize Theron is technically an African American as she is from South Africa but now resides in America. These days, the term is used colloquially in the US to describe black Americans.
I am Progressive in that I think of the future and how are present actions affect that future. I want a future of peace, prosperity, comfort, and a wonderful place where my descendents can live.
Blacks are German.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#25993 Dec 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Latin Roman?
Latin, the language, originated in Latium. Rome was in Latium.

Nowadays Latin, the language, is attributed to the Romans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latium
FYI

Denver, CO

#25994 Dec 13, 2013
I am Scotish, therefore I am Black. Regards
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#25995 Dec 13, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
Latin, the language, originated in Latium. Rome was in Latium.
Nowadays Latin, the language, is attributed to the Romans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latium
South America is Latin America.
FYI

Denver, CO

#25996 Dec 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
South America is Latin America.
I am Black therefore I am Latin, or maybe Swedish. Regards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Sep 19 Shane 9,905
Election Who's got your vote in the New Mexico State Com... (Nov '14) Sep 9 hatembad 7
Illegal Immigration Will Destroy the USA in 40 ... (Apr '10) Sep 3 Correct 62
city college 1991 Aug 31 Coco4u 1
News and Extras Aug '17 Commentario 1
News Governor's board picks ignored law (Dec '08) Aug '17 Banu Telliman 13
News Southwestern states rank among lowest in child ... Aug '17 Richies Cool Man ... 7
More from around the web