Roosevelt County clerk, deputy quit o...

Roosevelt County clerk, deputy quit over gay marriage

There are 8 comments on the Free Republic story from Dec 21, 2013, titled Roosevelt County clerk, deputy quit over gay marriage. In it, Free Republic reports that:

The Roosevelt County clerk and her deputy resigned Friday to avoid issuing same-sex marriage licenses as required by the New Mexico Supreme Court's landmark opinion Thursday legalizing same-sex marriage statewide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Joe Schmoe

Wallkill, NY

#1 Dec 22, 2013
Good riddance! We need public officials who serve the entire public.
Cordwainer Trout

Raywick, KY

#2 Dec 22, 2013
The queers and their tyrannical supporters have caused a severe polarization in America. Those resigning out of conscience are honorable people. These are dark days; an irrational mindset appears here and there to succeed. The tide will turn; morality will once again flourish. A nation cannot allow its children to become baby murderers with sodomites spreading their mental and physical disease without a reckoning.
jbp123

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Dec 27, 2013
Good for them! When a public official can no longer uphold their duties in good conscience then he/she should do what as these 2 officials. If all politicians were as conscientious as these two we would have no politicians!
Obeying the Bible

Portales, NM

#4 Jan 4, 2014
I admire them. It's time Christians stand up for their rights. It's wrong and that's that.
Richard

Lubbock, TX

#5 Jan 9, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The queers and their tyrannical supporters have caused a severe polarization in America. Those resigning out of conscience are honorable people. These are dark days; an irrational mindset appears here and there to succeed. The tide will turn; morality will once again flourish. A nation cannot allow its children to become baby murderers with sodomites spreading their mental and physical disease without a reckoning.
This is total Bull Shit!!!
Pepperidge Farms

Scottsdale, AZ

#6 Mar 1, 2014
I bet they were just so hot and bothered by thinking about all of the post marital gay butt sex they couldn't maintain and had to quit to take a cold shower.

There are so many closeted gays in Portales it's not even funny.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#7 Mar 22, 2014
Good for them. Don't be afraid of the pansy, homosexual bully movement.
Will Banister

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Nov 4, 2016
My hats off to you for standing up for what you believe in!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 10 min Tinman 10,567
News Letter: Americans have a right to deny illegal ... (Mar '17) 16 hr C Kersey 2
News New Mexico's population growth slows to crawl Jan 12 Tinman 2
New Mexico ...... Loosers . Jan 10 A lib that ends i... 6
New Mexico wants religious laws? Jan 10 A lib that ends i... 2
Illegal Immigration Will Destroy the USA in 40 ... (Apr '10) Jan 2 Carl 66
News Former deputy receives probation (Jul '08) Dec '17 Willy 37
More from around the web