E-cigs won't be allowed on US flights

E-cigs won't be allowed on US flights

There are 91 comments on the WVEC-TV Norfolk story from Feb 11, 2011, titled E-cigs won't be allowed on US flights. In it, WVEC-TV Norfolk reports that:

The U.S. Department of Transportation says the use of smokeless electronic cigarettes on airplanes is prohibited and plans to issue an official ban this spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVEC-TV Norfolk.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#85 Feb 18, 2011
I see inhaler type e-cigs in the future with no glowing light.
xparte

Queens Village, NY

#86 Feb 18, 2011
aurora1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still amazed they have been released to the general public as were studied 30 years ago in France and everyone else had seen reports and knew why NOT to allow them, falling into the same category as temporal thermometer scanners which cause nerve and cellular damage to humans with usage, increasing not only the likelihood of strokes but the number and frequency of them.
Not enough education on breathing and yoga which should be preferred particularly on planes. Nerve and cellular damage occur, with chemical component which could be replaced and used as something else without a trace of evidence. NO, dont think they should be there or anywhere.
Anyone and their mother seem to concentrate on proving that e-cigarettes are not harmless. What I'm really interested in, is not whether E-cigs are safe (that's absurd) but whether or not E-cigarettes are SAF-ER to the smoker than regular cigarettes. How bad are those risks compared to the old-fashioned killer sticks with their 400+ chemical additives? Seriously - some people will keep smoking no matter what you do or say. The benefits e-cigs present to non-smokers, however, are so tremendous - that fact alone should've compelled medical community and healthcare organizations to conduct thorough comparative studies between e-cigs and cigarettes. So why the hell is it not happening? If there have been any studies on the subject, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Liberal Antidote

Charleroi, PA

#87 Feb 18, 2011
Wonder if that moron Bloomberg will outlaw E-cigs. I'll bet he's puffin on a white owl right now.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#88 Feb 18, 2011
Liberal Antidote wrote:
Wonder if that moron Bloomberg will outlaw E-cigs. I'll bet he's puffin on a white owl right now.
I bet you do a lot of smoking with your boss satan, lap dog.
the fed

Santa Clara, CA

#89 Feb 18, 2011
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you do a lot of smoking with your boss satan, lap dog.
LA is right and I'll bet you are smokin satan joint right now you lame dork.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#90 Feb 18, 2011
What the world is wrong with e-cigs?
As an avid non-smoker and HUGE proponent of public smoking bans as well as smoking bans around children, I can tell you that this is stupid!

If I smoked, I would use the e-cig I would just hide the stupid light that they put at the end, its nothing but a psychological aid anyway!

Extremists at any level and for any cause, are dangerous and useless wastes in our society!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#92 Feb 18, 2011
No Smoking Sign wrote:
<quoted text>
"Extremists at any level and for any cause, are dangerous and useless wastes in our society!" Fits you to a "T"
u make no sense
Eminent domain

Dover, DE

#93 Feb 18, 2011
xparte wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone and their mother seem to concentrate on proving that e-cigarettes are not harmless. What I'm really interested in, is not whether E-cigs are safe (that's absurd) but whether or not E-cigarettes are SAF-ER to the smoker than regular cigarettes. How bad are those risks compared to the old-fashioned killer sticks with their 400+ chemical additives? Seriously - some people will keep smoking no matter what you do or say. The benefits e-cigs present to non-smokers, however, are so tremendous - that fact alone should've compelled medical community and healthcare organizations to conduct thorough comparative studies between e-cigs and cigarettes. So why the hell is it not happening? If there have been any studies on the subject, can anyone point me in the right direction?
I've been looking but apparently no actual studies have been made.

I do however see lots of misinformation being put out by tobacco companies.

I can tell you this.
Since I started vaping two months ago I feel like I can breathe better, I have more energy and my chronic sinus infection has disappeared.
paul g

Congleton, UK

#95 Feb 5, 2013
I bet koz drives a huge big car that belches out far more carbon monoxide than any cigarette. Oh and the plane that people are traveling on might be spewing out a bit as well . The world has gone mad.
The dr of common sense

Westwood, NJ

#96 Mar 12, 2013
most of the people that post here are damn idjits. Since e-cigs are vapor, and you are still allowed to carry it on. You just puff on it and hold it in and then you breathe nothinbg out. There ya go, you got your nictoine, it was like you smoked and no one knew. Its not like they can kick you off the plane, and they certaintly would not land it to kick someone off who took a poll of an e-cigg. for a rule like this to actually be enforceable IT HAS TO BE MADE A REAL RULE, not just a suggestion that they push on to you like bullies because "it looks bad". Then they would have to deny people from even carrying them on, and they would have to go into the luggage cargo
The dr of common sense

Westwood, NJ

#97 Mar 12, 2013
or ya just use common sense and go in the bathroom ya idjit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Jersey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
T R U M P can save the USA Aug 20 Larry 9
Rick Alan Ross Aug 19 Suffolknewsday 1
Men's barber needed. Aug 18 James 1
hillary for president Aug 16 Ed Needham 3
Does anyone know Barbara Toole, medium at New ... Aug 8 morganosgood 2
trump way money maker Aug 6 trump ways mone... 1
trump vs khan Jul 31 dump trump in 2016 1
More from around the web