E-cigs won't be allowed on US flights

Feb 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WVEC-TV Norfolk

The U.S. Department of Transportation says the use of smokeless electronic cigarettes on airplanes is prohibited and plans to issue an official ban this spring.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of91
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
koz

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

They lied. If they want to change the rules, they have to use the rulemaking process. They are not above the law.
Akim von Sigurd

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

But full Burkas are permitted by muslims.

Islamic females wearing these customes scare the children half to death.

They look like something out of an Edgar Alan Poe or Stephen King story.
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

What about those plastic bubble blowers that are shaped like a pipe?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

I feel safer already! LOL!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

All jokes aside, anything that burns something, like e-cigs nicotine solution, should be banned for airline passengers.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

The laughing liberal wrote:
All jokes aside, anything that burns something, like e-cigs nicotine solution, should be banned for airline passengers.
I'm familiar with these devices. They do not 'burn' anything.
your wrong

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

E Cig can be use to detente a bomb just as a cell phone can be use to do the same.Both run on batteries
Band both
your wrong

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

koz wrote:
They lied. If they want to change the rules, they have to use the rulemaking process. They are not above the law.
Look up FCC and Homeland security laws. I guess you are not aware that US Marshals and FBI agents do ride flights for air safety.
The law is already in place.
They don't lie you are not familiar with the laws already in place.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

your wrong wrote:
E Cig can be use to detente a bomb just as a cell phone can be use to do the same.Both run on batteries
Band both
So does your i-pod, but that isn't banned...... yet.
LIBERALS INCITE VIOLENCE

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Tobacco the mother of all drugs...Get off the DOPE!!!
HeadCheese

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, preventing liquid chems on plane is not nearly as safe as having duct tape and plastic to cover your house in case of terrorist attack.

I still have 12000 square feet of plastic sheathing. Those mean terrorist won't get me. I listened to repbus and Dubya!
HeadCheese

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

so you agree with Obama?...wow, you topix whiners might be coming around.
Liberal Antidote

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Muslims know best! LMAO
Liberal Antidote

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Akim von Sigurd wrote:
But full Burkas are permitted by muslims.
Islamic females wearing these customes scare the children half to death.
They look like something out of an Edgar Alan Poe or Stephen King story.
All Obese hogs and those who do not bathe and smell like shyt can still fly along with the hooded terrorist who DO NOT have to comply with federal law. What a fcukin JOKE!!
Eminent domain

Magnolia, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

A nation of sheep!

Since: Jan 07

Plymouth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

I sat next to a man who had one of these devices on a transatlantic flight not long ago. I had never seen anything like it. Finally curiosity got the best of me and I asked him what it was. He told me that it was a nicotene substitute that had been prescribed by his California doctor.

He further told me that he suffered from a severe panic disorder and this had a soothing effect on him. Otherwise he would have not been able to take this trip alone, although it was essential that he arrive at his destination for personal reasons.

I could not detect any odor from this e-cigaret and no one else even mentioned it to him. I wouldn't have, myself, except that I was sitting next to the man for six hours and couldn't help but notice it.

In light of what this gentleman told me, I understand why he had this device. I would rather have seen him with something that looked like an obese straw in his mouth than have to witness an honest to goodness panic attack. I have suffered a few panic attacks myself and wouldn't wish them on anyone.

I don't think that the device the gentleman had actually comes under the category of a cigaret. In fact, having never heard of them before, I simply assumed it was a theraputic device to enable him to make his trip. I think this is a case of the PC Health Nazis carrying their anti-tobacco campaign a little too far. If, in a whole planeful of people, plus a goodly number of flight attendants, the only person who noticed it was the party sitting next to the user, it is highly unlikely that anyone was going to come away with some irreparable damage to his health, just because one person waas trying to stave off a panic attack.

With the fiscal condition of New Jersey, I think Lautenberg needs to either address the matters closest to him and his constituents or retire. Or perhaps he thinks he's already retired and has embarked on a new career as a professional busybody.
Liberal Antidote

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

No Child Left wrote:
I sat next to a man who had one of these devices on a transatlantic flight not long ago. I had never seen anything like it. Finally curiosity got the best of me and I asked him what it was. He told me that it was a nicotene substitute that had been prescribed by his California doctor.
He further told me that he suffered from a severe panic disorder and this had a soothing effect on him. Otherwise he would have not been able to take this trip alone, although it was essential that he arrive at his destination for personal reasons.
I could not detect any odor from this e-cigaret and no one else even mentioned it to him. I wouldn't have, myself, except that I was sitting next to the man for six hours and couldn't help but notice it.
In light of what this gentleman told me, I understand why he had this device. I would rather have seen him with something that looked like an obese straw in his mouth than have to witness an honest to goodness panic attack. I have suffered a few panic attacks myself and wouldn't wish them on anyone.
I don't think that the device the gentleman had actually comes under the category of a cigaret. In fact, having never heard of them before, I simply assumed it was a theraputic device to enable him to make his trip. I think this is a case of the PC Health Nazis carrying their anti-tobacco campaign a little too far. If, in a whole planeful of people, plus a goodly number of flight attendants, the only person who noticed it was the party sitting next to the user, it is highly unlikely that anyone was going to come away with some irreparable damage to his health, just because one person waas trying to stave off a panic attack.
With the fiscal condition of New Jersey, I think Lautenberg needs to either address the matters closest to him and his constituents or retire. Or perhaps he thinks he's already retired and has embarked on a new career as a professional busybody.
Don't know what your political beliefs are and don't care as I really come on these forums for fun. I laugh when I am told I'm a Fox fan and or a republican. I've also been called a liberal. Little bit of both! I am interested in your comments about Panic Attacks. Are you male or female and how long have you been having PA'S? What do you do when you experience an attack? Are you Agoraphobic? Did you or do you smoke? Very interested in hearing back. Thanks.
Liberal Antidote

Charleroi, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

HeadCheese wrote:
<quoted text>
so you agree with Obama?...wow, you topix whiners might be coming around.
Obama is a cigarette smoker and addicted to nicotine you freak! Don't even try and sell that shit that his wife said he quit a year ago because it's a damn LIE! Anyone who was or is a long time smoker can tell if someone still smokes! As for whining you are one of the biggest whiners and azzholes ever to surface on topix. Like I told you before maggot drop the 'cheese' and replace it with 'job'!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

your wrong wrote:
Band both
English isn't your first language, is it?
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2011

Judged:

Liberal Antidote wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a cigarette smoker and addicted to nicotine you freak! Don't even try and sell that shit that his wife said he quit a year ago because it's a damn LIE! Anyone who was or is a long time smoker can tell if someone still smokes! As for whining you are one of the biggest whiners and azzholes ever to surface on topix. Like I told you before maggot drop the 'cheese' and replace it with 'job'!
For someone like you, who it's obvious has a mebtal problem, you sure seem to know a lot about Obama and his wife. Fact is you don't know much of anything about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of91
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••