New Hampshire Committee Recommend Rep...

New Hampshire Committee Recommend Repealing Marriage Equality Law | Lez Get Real

There are 8 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Oct 25, 2011, titled New Hampshire Committee Recommend Repealing Marriage Equality Law | Lez Get Real. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

It is not surprising that the New Hampshire Republicans have recommended that the state repeal the law granting same-sex couples marriage rights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Wolven

Carmichael, CA

#1 Oct 25, 2011
I have trouble believing that anyone (Gay or otherwise) would vote these GOP (Party of NO) people. They want to do away with Society Security, Medicare, Aid to the Poor, Elder Care, and Anything else no have to do with the Rich.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 25, 2011
Wolven wrote:
I have trouble believing that anyone (Gay or otherwise) would vote these GOP (Party of NO) people. They want to do away with Society Security, Medicare, Aid to the Poor, Elder Care, and Anything else no have to do with the Rich.
What is Society Security?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 25, 2011
Wolven wrote:
Assuming you meant Social Security, the Advocates of Small Government want to privatize Social Security. That means if you want it you can pay for it and if you do not want it you don't have to. Americans should not be forced into accepting programs they do not want to participate in.

This may surprise you but the Government gets all its money from tax payers. So when they go about the land handing it out left and right with out a care in the world you have to realize that it is not their money they are spending but mine and yours. The government takes money from me and gives it away while promising rewards it can NEVER deliver.

Many Republicans are waking up and joining in with those advocating a smaller government, others are starting to listen. And this means you have got to learn how to be responsible for your own life and not plan on the government taking care of you from the cradel to the grave.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#4 Oct 25, 2011
The article says this, "recommend the repeal of the law and establish civil unions for any unmarried adults including relatives." Does this mean for both Same-Sex Couples and opposite-sex couples........or just Same-Sex Couples?

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#5 Oct 25, 2011
Meanwhile, right on their northern doorstep, gay Canadians can get married.

Gotta love these invisible lines that divide us.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#6 Oct 26, 2011
Reverend Alan wrote:
Many Republicans are waking up and joining in with those advocating a smaller government, others are starting to listen. And this means you have got to learn how to be responsible for your own life and not plan on the government taking care of you from the cradel to the grave.
Exactly what we would expect from the "Let Them Die" party. It's all about me me me and screw the needy.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Oct 26, 2011
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you meant Social Security, the Advocates of Small Government want to privatize Social Security. That means if you want it you can pay for it and if you do not want it you don't have to. Americans should not be forced into accepting programs they do not want to participate in.
This may surprise you but the Government gets all its money from tax payers. So when they go about the land handing it out left and right with out a care in the world you have to realize that it is not their money they are spending but mine and yours. The government takes money from me and gives it away while promising rewards it can NEVER deliver.
Social Security is not a handout. I paid into it for more than 40 years in order to get my benefit. Granted, it is a bit more generous than it should be, but I didn't make up the benefits, the government did. They signed the contract with me just as they did with millions of others. And don't forget, millions have died before they ever saw their benefits, and more that only received a portion of what they paid in before they died. It's an insurance policy, or annuity, pure and simple. In any event, believe me when I tell you that the government is not "taking care of me" with S.S. It provides very little of my retirement inicome.

And from your post, I would assume you are against any government benefit for the poor, since they "can't take care of themselves" in their later years. That "Reverend" in your moniker seems to be self-appointed,rather than earned.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Glad to see the New Hampshire GOP focused on job creation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Hampshire Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.H. wants apology after Trump called state a '... Aug 4 CantDoWrong 3
News State, hospital reach settlement over psychiatr... Aug 3 Humanspirit 1
News Citing Trump's voter fraud lie, state elections... Feb '17 Matthew 1
News Removing mental illness from the shadows (May '16) May '16 HumanSpirit 1
News 14 staff members at state hospital could lose j... (May '16) May '16 HumanSpirit 2
News Why the Morse code? Hassan is the failed executive (Apr '16) Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News NH bill would add heroin use to definition of c... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Unhappy grammy 1
More from around the web