epona fan

Litchfield, MN

#106 Dec 31, 2010
I thought you said the mare arrived at epona in bad shape? Atleast that's what I understand.......... so I wonder what her previous owner used her for before she got so bad? How long was she in epona? Funny how you don't attack the farrier for his mistake? What was the cause of the mares lameness in the 1st place?
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
you are correct her old owner was Lin at epona,and her farrier hot nailed poor sadie
idiots are out there

Litchfield, NE

#107 Dec 31, 2010
Epona Fan-Don't bother to try to discuss anything with these fools. They hae their minds made up , do not want the truth, are pathetic losers in need of anger management classes and meds. Everyone thet REALLY knows Lin knows she busts her rear end for the horses- let Sadie go because it was the best for Sadie. The repayment for that is people still saying Lin did nothing for Sadie including the woman who took her. Bottom line is the horse was sent somewhere that had the funds , expertise and means to give Sadie what she needed. Lin recognized this and did what was best for the horse. That is not good enough for the idiots .
Terry

United States

#108 Jan 1, 2011
Epona fan- As far as Blue and Sadie go, Sadie was in worse shape, but Blue wasn't much better. And if you saw Blue for the first time 2-3 months ago, you saw him shortly after his arrival. Lin did not have Sadie very long, thank God. She kept Blue, but has never given any updates about him, nor has she posted pictures. I'm a little concerned that you thought he looked "okay" then. I saw the pictures Lin posted of him. And here's the point-Lin should not have taken either of them in knowing she did not have the knowledge or the finances to care for them properly. And guess what, Epona fan-if a rescue takes a horse like Sadie in, they are expected to provide the proper care for them! Lin did not make a wise decision to pass Sadie on, she was basically forced to. She also knew there were other horses on the property where these two horses came from, yet chose not to report the people who dropped them off. What responsible rescue does that? Yes, it takes money and time to rehab a horse. And it is a documented fact that under Jayne's care, Sadie not only turned around, but did it in record time. The miracle? A vet visit, x-rays, a proper diagnosis, teeth floating, pain meds, wormer, surgery, removal of a hot nail from her foot, and proper feed. All of the things Lin did NOT provide for her. There is an ongoing update of Sadie complete with photos (something you will NOT see from Lin) and she is now a healthy, happy mare. You and Lin agree on one thing, Lin, too was going to euthanise this wonderful mare rather than care for her properly. Thank God others stepped in and saved her. And thank God that all of us do NOT do as you have suggested-the LAST thing we need is MORE people running around buying up stock because it's cheap and calling themselves a rescue even though they can't afford to care for what they've bought and must now try to raise money to feed and vet it. But you have successfully described Lin's operation. This is exactly what people should not do-you DO at least get that, don't you? We need people who can operate within a budget, have equine knowledge, and can say no when they have reached the limit of horses they can care for. We have enough Lins around.
And let's make something clear-people don't get upset because Lin asks for donations-people get upset because it is part of a pattern Lin cannot seem to stop. Take the pregnant mares for example. Lin posted that she "rescued" two mares. This was just a few months ago. Lin already knew she was going into Winter without all of the hay she would need to feed the unknown (to anyone but her) number of horses she would have. She was already planning to euthanise 5 horses. She was already over limit on horses. Come to find out not only did she "rescue" 2 mares, she BOUGHT 8 more! AND she was going to need donations for Winter hay. THAT is why people get upset with Lin. During that time, by the way, she took 3 days off and tried to catch a horse that was loose in a corn field, and tried to raise money for him, even though she did not even own him yet!!!!! THAT is why people get upset with Lin. Let's at least get out facts straight, okay?
idiots are out there

Litchfield, NE

#109 Jan 1, 2011
Terry,

You spout things as fact that are not.Examples with no context, facts left out and no real information. Have you ever been to Epona, have you ever done anything except sit on your fanny and surf the net? Fresh air and exercise could help with you anger issues So much anger can cause serious health problems. Turn off the computor, put down the donut and go outside!
Hope the New Year is kind to you.
The truth

United States

#110 Jan 1, 2011
epona fan wrote:
I thought you said the mare arrived at epona in bad shape? Atleast that's what I understand.......... so I wonder what her previous owner used her for before she got so bad? How long was she in epona? Funny how you don't attack the farrier for his mistake? What was the cause of the mares lameness in the 1st place? <quoted text>
Poor farriers make mistakes the responsibility is with the owner to notice the mistake,according to someone who was on site(not lin) the mare was at epona for 6 weeks and was still skinny and lame,still needed tooth float,worming,coggins,xrays,su rgery proper farrier care and FOOD
The truth

United States

#111 Jan 1, 2011
idiots are out there wrote:
Epona Fan-Don't bother to try to discuss anything with these fools. They hae their minds made up , do not want the truth, are pathetic losers in need of anger management classes and meds. Everyone thet REALLY knows Lin knows she busts her rear end for the horses- let Sadie go because it was the best for Sadie. The repayment for that is people still saying Lin did nothing for Sadie including the woman who took her. Bottom line is the horse was sent somewhere that had the funds , expertise and means to give Sadie what she needed. Lin recognized this and did what was best for the horse. That is not good enough for the idiots .
HAHA Lin you trying to shut your new friend up,you really think anyone who doesnt support you needs meds?I think it is probably
the other way around,again the proof is in the pictures of the mare
you took and then left to suffer till you were forced to give her up,I hear you just gave her away without an adoption contract,so you would never have to take her back,how did you know that lady wasnt going to drop her off at the nearest auction,what protection did you put in place for that mare to make sure she stayed safe
nothing thats what,thats how much you cared about Sadie,you just gave her away to someone you had never met before,good rescue?
NOT
carol

Derby, KS

#112 Jan 3, 2011
wow sounds like this Lin person is very dishonest and sneaky I WOULDNT give anything to this podunk operation
Lisa D

Litchfield, NE

#113 Jan 3, 2011
Carol- Just because it is on the internet does not make it true. Podunk operation? Have you ever been to Epona, have you done any real research or is your opinion formed on the ranting of a few nincanpoops on a free forum? How about the people that have posted the good instead of the bad. It is funny that you take the word of people that have never been there over regulars visitors and adopters. Sounds like someone with an agenda.
Lisa
Terry

United States

#114 Jan 3, 2011
Idiots are out there (I'm not even going to touch that one:)-Anger issues? I'm just pointing out things Lin herself has stated. Why would you think I have anger issues? What have I said that is not true? Please, Idiots-enlighten me to the truth about Epona. By the way- how is that fundraiser for the name for the new baby going?$2 a chance so they can build a new shelter. Ln is hoping to raise $2000. I do agree the shelter they are in now is just not safe. The mare or baby could easily get cast on the pipe gates. If Lin was truly concerned about them, and wanted what was in their best interest, she'd offer them to a good home-you know, like she did with Sadie......
JimWeber

Alliance, NE

#115 Jan 9, 2011
This is pretty sad when you think about it.
I had the sheriff department go out there, they went un announced and took over 140 pictures and found nothing out of line out there.
You want to assume that Epona and the law enforcement agencies are all in cahoots in a conspiracy.
These accusations against Epona are all false.
You so called experts aren't anything but a bunch of whiny old women with nothing better to do.
You either need a life or a man to straighten your a-- out...Lmao!
Lin you have my support...pay no attention to these lonely old women with mental issues.
I'm out of here till something genuine happens at another rescue.
I'm waiting here with my equipment anytime the call sounds that livestock needs feeding.
I'll also make damned sure that law enforcement checks stuff out before I head down the road.
There is nothing amiss at EPONA that law enforcement can find.
What more friggin evidence do you idiotic,old whiney, moaning lonely women need?
Go find a life, get a job, find a simple hobby...find a man...LMAO.
JimWeber
The truth

United States

#116 Jan 10, 2011
Jim I have a husband and several jobs,I am 35 and have lots of hobbies one of them is horses,and no I am not on any drugs for mental illness

you are so crazy you are funny,and no I DONT believe you that all is well at the hotel california rescue and untill those so called 140 pictures are made public I wont
JimWeber

Alliance, NE

#117 Jan 10, 2011
unfortunately for you the law enforcement pictures are private. You don't have any reason for them to be made public. They aren't public information until law enforcement wants them to be such.
I guess you could ask, if they gave them to you lady I hope you have the balls it would take to tell the truth.
I doubt you would.
You may have a husband and you may be only 35, but your acting like an old woman!
Epona doesn't have to prove anything to anyone!
According to law enforcement she is legitemate and that is all that counts.
What the hell does Epona owe you personally?
Quit harping, there is nothing that proves she done anything wrong.
Next time you buy a horse make sure You can take care of it.
If you have to give it up, make sure it is in good health before you pass it on.
As far as me having to geld the colt I am selling, I don't feel any obligation to do so.
I am not going to put any more money into the colt, and there is no law says I have to do more than that.
Who says the next owner doesn't want it to remain a stud, and maybe that owner has their own vet and wants the horse taken care of their way?
No one has the right to make any demands of me in regards to selling a horse, all I am required to do is pass on a healthy horse and make sure it lives up to the standards I am offering it up for sale as.
It is a good, healthy gentle colt, it's for sale cheap, and it deserves a good home.
It is for sale as is.
Otherwise my daughter will take it off my hands, and break it when it is old enough and make money on it.
That's what people do with good horses in this country if that is what they are in the business of doing.
I'll sell the horse to anyone with the money in their pocket.
I'm done with the colt, this is a free country, and I can decide what I want to do with it.
I owe none of you anything in regards to how I transfer any animal.
This is strictly a business dealing.
If I don't sell him soon, or if my daughter doesn't take him he goes to the auction and quite possibly slaughter.
That is the way the cookie crumbles.
It's just an animal, it is livestock and I don't care if it becomes a pasture object a riding horse or a bottle of glue, or winds up on a menu at a restaurant.
It's a horse.
It's livestock and that's the way it is.
Jim
The truth

United States

#118 Jan 10, 2011
lol Jim
disgusted

Hamburg, MN

#119 Jan 10, 2011
Listen lady.... NTV news just was out there. Epona is doing just fine. Jim is right.. get the hell over it, you sound like a crying braty kid that won't get its way. What for you have against these people? How do you even know them? You gave a horse up to them?
The truth wrote:
Jim I have a husband and several jobs,I am 35 and have lots of hobbies one of them is horses,and no I am not on any drugs for mental illness
you are so crazy you are funny,and no I DONT believe you that all is well at the hotel california rescue and untill those so called 140 pictures are made public I wont
The truth

United States

#120 Jan 11, 2011
HAHA I wouldnt give them a plastic horse,Jim is right on one point there are worse things than slaughter and epona is one of those and you shouldnt believe all you read on the internet or from the media
ps how I know them is none of your biz,but I do know them,and have nothing at all against them.
I SPEAK FOR THE HORSES
Terry

Hudson, OH

#121 Jan 11, 2011
Jim, I still think it's so funny that you believe you are the reason law enforcement was out to Epona. You don't think there's any bias when Lin takes in the horses Law enforcement seizes? Why do you feel the need to insult people who do not agree with you? That seems so immature. You have never met Lin, really you know nothing about her. 3 strikes was once where Lin is now. And people just like you supported him without question. That is how he got to where he did. But you go on ahead and defend her. You believe that 140 pictures were taken because law enforcement was so impressed with the place? There is a pattern that Lin repeats time and time again. She will continue to repeat it until those who support her fall off one by one. That is already happening. At some point, she will have no more financial backing. She will no longer be able to care for the horses she has. She will end up with horses she can't sell or give away. It's just a matter of time. She has lied so much, that by the time she reaches this point, there will be no one to help her-well except possibly you
lost for words

United States

#122 Jan 11, 2011
Boy... I sure hope you are wrong. How many horses are there? Scarey.
Terry wrote:
Jim, I still think it's so funny that you believe you are the reason law enforcement was out to Epona. You don't think there's any bias when Lin takes in the horses Law enforcement seizes? Why do you feel the need to insult people who do not agree with you? That seems so immature. You have never met Lin, really you know nothing about her. 3 strikes was once where Lin is now. And people just like you supported him without question. That is how he got to where he did. But you go on ahead and defend her. You believe that 140 pictures were taken because law enforcement was so impressed with the place? There is a pattern that Lin repeats time and time again. She will continue to repeat it until those who support her fall off one by one. That is already happening. At some point, she will have no more financial backing. She will no longer be able to care for the horses she has. She will end up with horses she can't sell or give away. It's just a matter of time. She has lied so much, that by the time she reaches this point, there will be no one to help her-well except possibly you
Terry

United States

#123 Jan 11, 2011
No one really knows for sure. Lin never really tells the truth on that one. At one point we thought there were 35, and she was downsizing. But then, the numbers she gave in the news report about the fire didn't match. She "rescued" two pregnant mares this past summer, and purchased eight others along with them. Two of the mares foaled, and no one is sure how many of the other eight are in foal. She'll claim to adopt out horses, then she'll get them back. That's the tricky thing with Lin. You just never know what story is the true one. Take the news report about the fire. The fire Marshall reported 35 bales of hay destroyed, Lin sent out an e-mail claiming she lost 500 bales. Kind of a big discrepancy, isn't it? Speaking of the fire-she hasn't gotten any word from the marshall yet. Wonder what the hold up is? Lin really needs to get out of the rescue business. Another example-her latest fundraiser. She was not aware that she could not just fundraise without registering in some states. I wonder if she will stop until she has done the proper paperwork. The only thing keeping Lin afloat right now is a benefactor who seems happy to pump money into this rescue. At some point, this person has got to wake up. I just wonder what their family must think of all the money that is being pissed away here.
Terry

United States

#124 Jan 12, 2011
Jim, I really have to remark on your comments about your colt. On one hand, you want the rest of us to make sure we can take care of any horse we buy, but for you, it's just business, so you don't have to take on any responsibility? Pretty convenient, Jim. Unless your colt is top of the line in every way, the best thing you can do for him, and for those bunny huggers you hate, is to geld him. Here's why. Once you're "done with" the colt, and if your daughter doesn't want to take him off your hands, you will, as you said, most likely send him to an auction. You have already stated you don't much care what happens to him. BUT chances are, he will end up with those very bunny huggers you despise. Guess what, Jim? Many of those bunny huggers aren't going to geld him either, and may even have a mare or two already in their pasture that they have already saved from folks just like you. You know-the ones who just don't care, and send them to auction. Next thing you know, your little guy and their little mare are making a cute little baby. It's a new day, Jim, and every person needs to take on a little bit different attitude. You preach on and on about 3 Strikes and the lessons learned, yet have not one qualm about selling or sending an un-gelded stud out to possibly add to the population that ends up at places like that. Maybe you haven't learned quite enough.
Terry

United States

#125 Jan 16, 2011
Hey, Epona fan, Idiots, Jim, and any of you other Lin supporters out there. Got a few questions for you... What do you think of a rescue that starts a fundraiser to name a mare and baby-$2 a chance in hopes of raising $3000? Then finds out they don't have the proper paperwork filed for tax purposes in all 50 states to fund raise on the internet. But goes on fundraising anyhow? Also-has a horse on their Borad of Directors of their 501(c)(3)? What do you think the horse's job is? Maybe to check on the paperwork that needs to be filed? Next question. What do you think of a rescue that turns down another rescue's offer to find a good, safe home for the mare and baby the rescue is running the fundraiser for? No real reason-except that the rescue doesn't "like" the other one. Next question. What do you think of a rescue, that when told by the message board she frequents to ask for money to answer questions and concerns, just drops out of sight, without answering those questions? Last one. What do you think of a rescue that "saves" 8 horses-admitting at first to only two. The "save" took place while another rescue was involved. What do you think of a rescue telling people that the foals from the mares she "saved" will sell for $5000 each if they are black because they are part fresian? I'll be waiting for your answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nebraska Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Coli Found in Winnipeg, Boil Water Advisory ... 12 hr Brian Bowman 1
Nebraska group with public funding can keep rec... Jan 20 Dr Joe Revis Phd 7
Nebraska opponents of Keystone XL reignite lega... Jan 19 Le Duped 4
Nebraskan convicted in hate crime hoax a no-sho... Jan 17 wade 9
Nebraska court could hold up Keystone pipeline Jan 9 Le Duped 1
Christian Who Is Concerned About Nebraska Not H... (Mar '10) Jan 5 Jim 8
Nebraska Supreme Court faces COINTELPRO issue i... Dec '14 TOPDOG1 1
More from around the web