NY reader asks about John Monetti

Full story: Plains Feeder

A Plains Feeder readers from Long Island, NY has e-mailed the feedlot with a copy of the following message she sent to Nebraska State Attorney General Jon Bruning in which she voices her concern over recent ...

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
old friend

Walden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

WE ALL THOUGHT JOHN WAS GAY AND A PED. FROM HIS PRE-TEENS TILL TODAY HE WAS ALWAYS "HOMO LIKE". BUT WE DID KNOW HE WAS A PED BECAUSE WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER (AROUND 13YS OR SO)HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK ABOUT LITTLE GIRLS AND WHAT HE WOULD LIKE TO DO WITH THEIR YOUNG BODIES. I AM SURPRISED THAT HE WAS NOT CAUGHT EARLIER; HE DEFINETELY ENGAGED IN THIS BEHAVIOR AS EARLY AS 12 YEARS OLD WITH OTHER KIDS AND PROBABLY YOUNGER THAN HIM. WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF HE MOLESTED HIS YOUNGER SISTER.
ROT IN HELL YOU HOMO PED MOTHER/SISTER/FREINDS/STUDENTS FUCKER
Long island d

East Hampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Former Student wrote:
He was my 5th grade teacher about 8 years ago. My mother also thought he was gay. He was very friendly w/ the girls and the boys in the class always commented on his obvious favoritism. He was touchy and said uncomfortable things. He talked to many of us on AOL. At the time I just thought he was a good teacher but now I feel creeped out by his actions in the classroom.
I had him as a 6th grade leave replacement the year he was arrested. Everything you say here is accurate to what I experienced. I often heard of him emailing students from a personal email account. He did obviously pick favorites in the classes, he told basically every girl that she was his favorite student. I was his favorite student too. He asked me to stay after school with him and he would play with my hair. He would let me out of class whenever I wanted and give me special privileges. If I remember correctly, we had a board of books and when we finished enough books we would either have to write a book report or have a private pizza party with him afterschool. Most kids chose not to read, but I was reading anyway, so I always chose the book report. Most students believed he was just a good teacher, but didn't understand the absurdity of his actions. I'm almost ashamed to say that I thought he was a good teacher too, he knew how to gain the trust of young girls.-.- Some girls did report him to the counselor at school, saying he made them uncomfortable, but as far as I know, the reports went ignored. I mean, kids our age couldn't possibly know what's right and wrong, right? My reason for revisiting this forum is because I'm pretty sure I saw him a week ago at a local store in my area. The man looked at me, giving me a look as if he was trying to figure out how he knew me, and I caught his eye too. I immediately got away from him. but I don't know where he was after that. That scared me because I still don't feel safe around the man nearly 4 years later. I heard from someone that he never got jailtime, I think he just got probation. Is this true?
Anon

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Too many people make too many assumptions. Where were all these complaints when he was a teacher and principal? Yes, what he did was wrong and illegal. As a first time offender with a`"consenting" 15 year old (only months away from the age of consent in NE)he received 10 years without parole available. That is more time than rapists and murderers. The conviction was correct. The sentence was not. An exhaustive search of all his computers, at the time of his initial arrest, had absolutely no evidence of any other illegal activities, except this one. Complaining parents will sing a different tune when their teens are arrested for "sexting" their friends. That would make them felons and sex offenders!
Gareth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

I went to school at Knox with John and even took his sister Concetta to the prom. I did not know him well, but he was a quiet shy guy. It is tragic that he did what he did. His dad was a dr. It just shows how messed up anyone can be even with a good family, secure upbringing and education. Truly awful.
autism advocate

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

College Friend wrote:
I hope to get an update on the trial - I went to college with John and thought he was a great guy. Obviously he got involved with someone too young. Why is it that when a woman falls in love with a young boy its not the same scandal? And I am sorry, but 15 years old!? She should have known better also! I don't care if she has mild autism. Thats called Assbergers Disease and they sure as hell know right from wrong!!
To College friend (or any others who have the same views):

I am a former student of Mr. Monetti's. Even as a 5th grader, I could tell something was off about him. His interactions with the girls in the class were inappropriately close and he defintitely favored girls over boys.

I have worked with children with autism/aspergers for the past 5 years and have a master's degree in special education. First of all it is called Asperger's Syndrome not "Aspergers Disease." Asperger's is not a disease. Second of all, if you knew anything about Aspergers you would know that individuals with Asperger's have difficulty with communication/social interactions and often have impeded judgement when it comes to social situations. Children/adults with Asperger's also may have difficulty determining what is socially appropriate or have trouble realizing dangerous situations. This girl could have very well not been aware of the inappropriate nature of this interaction or may have been unsure of how to communicate to others what was happening. Please educate yourself before you make ignorant coments. It amazes me how you are so uneducated on the issue and you still feel you have the right to make such bold statements. It scares me that people like you have actually graduated from college.

Putting the fact that she had Asperger's aside....his actions are STILL INCREDIBLY WRONG. As an adult, he should have been the one with better judgement. It will NEVER be appropriate for a middle-aged man to have sex with a 15 year old. I do not care what the situation is.
Jeffery

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Yo we had this fat ass as our principal in Dickinson Avenue Elementary School and this fat ass tore down the dirt jumps while he talked about horseback riding with the girls. I loved those BMX jumps enjoy your jail time you fat ass
BMX Badass

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

This man was the principal of my elementary school (Dickinson Avenue Elementary School) when I was in 3rd and 4th grade (September 2002 - June 2004) and there were these AWESOME BMX dirt jumps in the woods at the school and he was the principal to tear them down I HATE HIM AND I AM GLAD HE IS ROTTING IN JAIL AND WHEN HE GETS OUT I AM 19 RIGHT NOW SO I'LL POUND HIM BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!!!
LongIslandHoods

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2013

When you get out of Federal Prison be prepared to get jumped by a bunch of hoods from East Northport and North Babylon Mr.Monetti your a scumbag and I hate pedofiles I hope some drug dealer, gang leader or mob boss beats the shit outta you behind bars and makes you his bitch!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••